Wat makes front diff front and wat makes rear rear

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
In general, they are the same unless you are talking about the Felony which has different diameter tires and so the diffs are geared differently to accommodate the difference. Inside, the fluids are either the same weight or in most cases the front is heavier than the rear.

Also specific to the EXB diffs, the active diff plates are arranged in different configurations between the front and rear diffs.

Still trying to get rid of Vibration and the gear feel in my front dif
If you are talking about open diffs, you should have a good mesh with the spider gears inside the diff and the input gear to the crown gear in the diff housing. When you turn it should have a clean gear mesh sound...not catchy but a gear-like sound when it turns.

Not really clear on your vibration or RC statement... On wheels make sure they are balanced if needed. A LOT of these RC have slop at the hex where it rocks back/forth. Like on my Kraton and others I add 0.4mm shims to remove that wheel slop. There is also slop at the pivot balls most of us remove the plastic ones for the metal to remove slop in the steering and arms.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back