Watch out..New Raider XL BLX and metal gear upgrade

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Slyhall

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Raider
I purchased a new Raider xl blx last month. Was only able to run it a handful of times because of little broken parts. No big deal. Took it out last week and the motor would spin but it barely moved. Reading here I checked the input gear and yes the pin stripped the plastic gear inside. Realized it was all plastic gears so ordered the metal gears following this thread
https://arrmaforum.com/threads/upgr...ansmission-to-blx-metal.596/page-6#post-30746

I ordered everything except the gear case and motor mount since mine was molded one piece and figured I'd see if it fit. Well, it doesn't. I went ahead and ordered a whole gear from amazon. I might order the gear case and motor mount but now I'm not even sure if it'll fit the chassis the metal gears look like a 48p while my plastic gears are larger and look like the 32p. Anyways I'll update if I order the gear case, motor mount and 59mm input shaft. I feel like I dropped too much on a practically new buggy.

Just wanted to give a heads up
Here are some pics
20170215_181227.jpg
20170215_181227.jpg
20170215_181219.jpg

HOLY CR..!!!! :eek:o_O

What is Arrma doing?
This means the 2016 gearbox dimensions changed too!
Do they have a new 2016 set of metal gears available?
If not, than the product is bad :mad:
No way any BLX will last longer than 5 times bashing with these weak gears

Any update on this i just ordered the same set i think after melting the gears in my blx. Not all the parts are here yet and need to know if i need to find another soluton.

Any update on this i just ordered the same set i think after melting the gears in my blx. Not all the parts are here yet and need to know if i need to find another soluton.
I have not assembled it because I got the metal input pinion gear to replace the stripped one. The mounting matches up though. This guy (Thanks @Raffa) has done it and has a VERY good parts list and writeup since there are a few more parts needed. It is the post above yours.
https://arrmaforum.com/threads/raider-xl-blx-build-log.3299/

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back