Kraton Water-cooled XL Kraton

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Did the waterlines explode, or why is it quiet? 🤷‍♂️
Lol nope just got the new reservoir yesterday and had to rebuild a diff and need to service the middle diff been hella busy with side work and just haven’t had the time to mess with it in a week or so sadly 😢 soon hopefully soon I’ll be back in action !

Wake up...time to get to work! hello? :LOL:
Just drilled and tapped the new reservoir fittings are in! I should be sleeping but you got me fired up!!

7B125FF2-9598-455D-AD3A-6C5BED76CEA5.jpeg

35038835-151E-4BF4-B90B-3DD66AEF90B1.jpeg

Eventually, I hope you remove the splitters and run the motor cooling blocks in series. The coolant should be moving quickly enough to not make a difference, but it would declutter and simplify things quite a bit with the more basic water loop.

Valid point more testing will tell. When I put the 23 tooth pinion on (biggest pinion I can fit with this motor mount) and run it hard off road and it still doesn’t build heat then I’ll definitely try that cause it will definitely de clutter things like you said. As I see it now the splitter is unnecessary because it’s working tremendously well! I did that cause I didn’t want the water heating up in the first jacket then going to the second but like you said I have a lot of flow and it most likely won’t be an issue maybe I’ll do that before the 23 tooth pinion!
I would just like to say I really APPRECIATE all the helping advice and motivation this thread and the wonderful people on it have given me it truly is a great build and I’m glad I was able to accomplish what I wanted too and really glad you all like it and are as intrigued with it as I am! I will definitely be getting some data when I get the diffs serviced just need the time! Time is hard to come by recently but I’ll get it done son!! Going to slap a 23 tooth pinion on the ol girl and run her hard in the dirt and see what’s up. My brother has a typhon that’s fast as titts with a 23 tooth and a 1800kv tp motor and I’m gonna use that to compare data with and temp numbers. We are going to run them in the same area for the same amount of time and try to run them at the same stress level and take temp measurements!

Last edited:
Piped water jackets in series definitely less cluttered and simplified like previously stated! As long as the cooling capability stays the same I’m keeping it! Loving the simplified result. I got a 23 tooth pinion I’m gonna throw on soon here and will get some off-road temp readings either tonight or tomorrow morning for you filthy animals!

image.jpg

image.jpg

Thank you sir!! still have very good flow I’m really happy I listened and deleted the double feed and double return lines. Really cleaned it up and made it more simple. New reservoir is perfect too. Hopefully going to have a good test tomorrow with the 23 tooth pinion and off-road bashing!

Yea it looks a whole lot better with less lines. Good luck tomorrow and as always keep us posted on this awesome project!

Ran the truck just now, thing absolutely rips with the 23 tooth pinion! Highest temp I saw on the motor was 125 degrees, highest I saw on the esc was the same right at about 120-125!! Cooling system is working tremendously well And seems pretty solid I’m definitely happy with that 110%. But we have another problem lol. The battery can’t keep up with the draw and I’m getting a low voltage blink code 🤦🏻 So now I’m back to the drawing board to fit a bigger battery haha 😢 No chance I’m going smaller on the pinion already got a taste of that 23 tooth and it’s lovely. I may have to move the radiator back a tad on the frame but I’m fairly certain I can make it work. Going to try one of my brothers badass batteries and go from there!

If I used a 23t pinion, my car would catch fire. Congrats on finding the solution! Did you run a full pack?

If I used a 23t pinion, my car would catch fire. Congrats on finding the solution! Did you run a full pack?
Yessir I ran a full pack with mixed on road and in the grass ripping it hard I’m extremely pleased with the cooling system and thank you sir!!
Ambient temp today was 78-86 degrees according to our temp gun and the ambient temperature gauge on my Ford F-250. So she’s working very well!! Only building about 40 degrees over ambient temp with a 2080kv motor and 23 tooth pinion in a kraton xl 😍 with stock kraton tires

This is so cool. How does the body fit on there lol

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back