Water in battery?!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just because these vehicles are listed as waterproof does not mean that they actually are, at best they are splash proof. My stock receiver box leaked and killed my receiver. I didn't know it was leaking until it was too late. I have seen a few others who's escs died after running in water puddles.
Understandable. Good to know. Ill run some silicone or nice tape around it for extra protection. Maybe ill check about and see how much the traxxas box is.
I checked mine and it's bone dry.
Throttle works and not servo.
Sucks because i was planning on running it today with a buddy and his.
Oh well, now ill have more time to drink beers while i watch him break his. Lol
Hey @Saltystevo do you have a way to check the voltage of each cell? If that checks out I would think the packs are fine and the issue could be somewhere else.
I do!! My gt500 charger displays everything without even charging: )
Thanks for the idea

Last edited:
Also guys whats recommended ?
Buy several cheap stock servos ($13) or get a savox?
Which savox if so? And whats the benefit of the voltage hobbies servo mount? Is it to Hold steering angle under power?
And finally do i need an upgraded or additional servo saver?
Thanks guys

Which savox if so? And whats the benefit of the voltage hobbies servo mount? Is it to Hold steering angle under power?
Thanks guys

you can stick to the stock servo which I pulled and put in my brcc, its really not strong enough for 1/8th scales, I had a traxxas 400oz servo I threw in the notorious which works perfect but you can totally buy savox too, I can't tell ya which one as I don't use them yet but someone else can chime in soon :D

servo mount adds strength to keep the servo in place so it can use up all that massive torque to turn your heavy friggin wheels :D Its a good idea to upgrade if yours is plastic I think newer models ship with metal but don't quote that part.

no you don't need to upgrade the servo saver but you wanna lock that fiddlesticker in place with some red Loctite the nut and most of the steering screws should be locked in place as they come loose super quick.

Also set your droop screw so that your arms do not over extend and pop off a tie rod end, super annoying but pops right back on.

Also keep in mind when buying parts, buying cheap = buying twice.

The one in my outcast broke during the first turn in the parking lot the night I bought it.

Instead of having a cheap one die on me again, I just went with the savox 1210sg right away and sent an email to horizon about the failure. They sent me a new one a month later that I threw in a drawer. Have had the savox since July last year and it's still doing fine. Been in the hobby 20 years... that was the most I've spent on a servo. lol!

I have a couple others that are more expensive, but they came in trucks I bought used.

Thanks guys

The aftermarket servo mounts help stiffen up the steering, idk if you have ever watched your servo mount when you turn your wheels but it has a boat load of flex in it, pretty much every aftermarket servo mount for these is an upgrade over the stock one.

The one in my outcast broke during the first turn in the parking lot the night I bought it.

Instead of having a cheap one die on me again, I just went with the savox 1210sg right away and sent an email to horizon about the failure. They sent me a new one a month later that I threw in a drawer. Have had the savox since July last year and it's still doing fine. Been in the hobby 20 years... that was the most I've spent on a servo. lol!

I have a couple others that are more expensive, but they came in trucks I bought used.
I second the Savox 1210SG toss in a waterproof Castle BEC and it is even better.

The aftermarket servo mounts help stiffen up the steering, idk if you have ever watched your servo mount when you turn your wheels but it has a boat load of flex in it, pretty much every aftermarket servo mount for these is an upgrade over the stock one.

I second the Savox 1210SG toss in a waterproof Castle BEC and it is even better.
Savox 1210sg is the one to get, ok. And whats a castle BEC do?

It supplies the servo with the amount of volts and amps it actually needs. Your esc has a built in BEC, that’s what powers everything else in the rig (servo, fans, and receiver) but it’ll struggle to turn a high powered servo like the savox, so it’ll seem like less of an upgrade than it actually is. You can only run an esc BEC at 6v in that truck because that’s how much voltage the receiver can take, but if you buy a castle BEC you can hook it up to your servo and give it the 7.4V it needs and the ~3 amps it needs, which the esc’s BEC wouldn’t be able to supply.

It supplies the servo with the amount of volts and amps it actually needs. Your esc has a built in BEC, that’s what powers everything else in the rig (servo, fans, and receiver) but it’ll struggle to turn a high powered servo like the savox, so it’ll seem like less of an upgrade than it actually is. You can only run an esc BEC at 6v in that truck because that’s how much voltage the receiver can take, but if you buy a castle BEC you can hook it up to your servo and give it the 7.4V it needs and the ~3 amps it needs, which the esc’s BEC wouldn’t be able to supply.
Is this the exact castle bec you are referring?

https://www.amazon.com/Castle-Creations-Bec-Switching-Regulator/dp/B000MXAR12

The Tactic TR326 receiver has a voltage range from 4.0 to 8.4 volts, so you can plug the bec directly into the receiver no need to bypass.

Never mind i think i understand everything you posted. Thats an expensive upgrade to the servo! Is it night and day better or just a little bit?
Also is a a glitch buster recommended?
U see some of the savox servos on ebay come with them. Something i need or no?

Last edited:
Never mind i think i understand everything you posted. Thats an expensive upgrade ro the servo! Is it night and day better or just a little bit?
Ordered savox... coming tomorrow

Never mind i think i understand everything you posted. Thats an expensive upgrade ro the servo! Is it night and day better or just a little bit?
If not using a bec I would suggest running the glitch buster just to be on the safe side.

I think this will explain it better than I can.
Speed @6.0V: .15 sec/60
Speed @7.4V: .13 sec/60
Torque @6.0V: 277.7 oz-in (20.0kg)
Torque @7.4V: 444.4 oz-in (32.0kg)

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back