Water in battery?!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So the 2.0 wp castle bec is what i should get?
Also i saw someone saying i would need another $20 usb programmer for it?

It supplies the servo with the amount of volts and amps it actually needs. Your esc has a built in BEC, that’s what powers everything else in the rig (servo, fans, and receiver) but it’ll struggle to turn a high powered servo like the savox, so it’ll seem like less of an upgrade than it actually is. You can only run an esc BEC at 6v in that truck because that’s how much voltage the receiver can take, but if you buy a castle BEC you can hook it up to your servo and give it the 7.4V it needs and the ~3 amps it needs, which the esc’s BEC wouldn’t be able to supply.
The 1210SG can pull down 6A @ 6V and 7.4A @ 7.4V at stall according to savox's site.

So the 2.0 wp castle bec is what i should get?
Also i saw someone saying i would need another $20 usb programmer for it?

Yep and yep. If that's the route you want to go. I run my 1210sg off the esc in my outcast and it seems to do ok. I didn't get the servo to "upgrade" performance, just to add durability as my stock servo didn't make it 50 feet of it's maiden voyage before it chewed itself up in my parking lot.

I'm sure it would perform better with a 10A esc driving it at 7.4V... but for what I do, it seems fine as it is. I've had it in my outcast since July of last year.

Oh I am in no way saying that the 1210 isn't good on 6V, just that it's better on 7.4 lol

Well first of all realize the castle link is gonna be an investment, not a one time thing, because you can now program any castle esc

Well first of all realize the castle link is gonna be an investment, not a one time thing, because you can now program any castle esc
I get that but i currently have 1 non working ride so having multiple rides in the future is far off. How difficult is the usb link to use?
Im just trying to get an idea of what kind of project im getting into for a little bit extra servo power vs just getting a glitch buster for way less and plug and play

I get that but i currently have 1 non working ride so having multiple rides in the future is far off. How difficult is the usb link to use?
Im just trying to get an idea of what kind of project im getting into for a little bit extra servo power vs just getting a glitch buster for way less and plug and play
It’s absolutely super easy use. I don’t know why I was super scared to use it. Look up how to use it... so easy. It’s cool as hell as well. All you do is plug it into the USB port, download it to your computer, open the window, plug in your BEC (or castle esc) and boom, tons of config (but for a bec I’m pretty sure there’s only one option... that’s how it is for my BEC 1.0. My esc’s have usually 15-20 things along with throttle curve, brake curve, and other stuff.

A glitch buster ain’t good be any help to that servo. It’s a capacitor, not a magic amp increaser lol.

It’s absolutely super easy use. I don’t know why I was super scared to use it. Look up how to use it... so easy. It’s cool as hell as well. All you do is plug it into the USB port, download it to your computer, open the window, plug in your BEC (or castle esc) and boom, tons of config (but for a bec I’m pretty sure there’s only one option... that’s how it is for my BEC 1.0. My esc’s have usually 15-20 things along with throttle curve, brake curve, and other stuff.

A glitch buster ain’t good be any help to that servo. It’s a capacitor, not a magic amp increaser lol.
Thanks peanut for all the help. I wish these products were local. My new savox is here today but now i need either a glitch buster or the castle bec to safely use it as far as i understand.
Im definitely going to get the castle bec and link. I just have to figure out where to order from. And sadly voltage hobbies doesn't have any mounts in stock. Ivemessage them twice already but haven't heard back yet.
Steering department.... anything else recommended? Like a servo horn?
I see this one looks good
Axial AX30836 Aluminum Servo Horn 25T, Hard Anodized https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0076MT3CG/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_c.pKCbQ2BEMZ4

Also i was asking about the install because of little things like this harness. I see a ebay seller selling with premade harness...
Is this something i need?
Im new to this so i really don't know what im getting into. Please explain what i need and have to do to complete this castle/savox upgrade.
Thanks

I lost track what truck you have and what esc you have. Tried finding it again... if you have the BLX185, it will run the savox 1210SG just fine. I don't have a BEC in my outcast and I run that servo as well as a 40mm HW single motor fan on a Y connector off the esc fan. It just won't run the servo at it's full potential.

I lost track what truck you have and what esc you have. Tried finding it again... if you have the BLX185, it will run the savox 1210SG just fine. I don't have a BEC in my outcast and I run that servo as well as a 40mm HW single motor fan on a Y connector off the esc fan. It just won't run the servo at it's full potential.
Have a kraton v3.
What do you use with the savox?
Glitch buster or anything for the savox to perform safely ?

Glitch busters bust glitches. If you have a stuttering servo it’ll cure that because of amp surge. It’s not a magical amp provider, so it won’t change how it performs with the stock esc. Just realize it won’t be as good as a cc bec.

Glitch busters bust glitches. If you have a stuttering servo it’ll cure that because of amp surge. It’s not a magical amp provider, so it won’t change how it performs with the stock esc. Just realize it won’t be as good as a cc bec.
I get that.

Please look at post #48 and #49
Im curious on whats involved.
Thanks again !

Have a kraton v3.
What do you use with the savox?
Glitch buster or anything for the savox to perform safely ?
Nothing.

All the electronics on my outcast pretty much since I got it:
2 x 2S 7400mah SMC 2S2P lipos
BLX185 esc
Spektrum SR210 receiver
Savox 1210sg servo
Hobbywing 40mm fan/heat sink on the motor spliced in with the ESC fan plug

Nothing.

All the electronics on my outcast pretty much since I got it:
2 x 2S 7400mah SMC 2S2P lipos
BLX185 esc
Spektrum SR210 receiver
Savox 1210sg servo
Hobbywing 40mm fan/heat sink on the motor spliced in with the ESC fan plug
I ran my 1211sg with my stock electronics and I never noticed a difference with or without the glitch buster. But I have seen a few guys that had issues running a Savox without the glitch buster with stock electronics.

This diagram
I ran my 1211sg with my stock electronics and I never noticed a difference with or without the glitch buster. But I have seen a few guys that had issues running a Savox without the glitch buster with stock electronics.
Im more worried about frying something. I thought i read some people mess up their esc or receiver because of the draw from the savox?
So i can just plig in the savox servo and try it out? Its sitting here looking at me

Well yeah it can blow the esc’s bec but normally the esc survives and you just need to run it with a cc bec from then on... my e revo’s mm2 is an example. Though it fried because of a receiver short

Well yeah it can blow the esc’s bec but normally the esc survives and you just need to run it with a cc bec from then on... my e revo’s mm2 is an example. Though it fried because of a receiver short
Ahhh, ok cool so i can run it for the next few days untill i get a bec cc?
Does it occasionally fry or more so then not?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back