waterproof digital servo?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'd love some more assistance if I may.

Turns out my new hi tec servo causing a problem. When I have the servo plugged into the receiver my brake and reverse don't work intermittently. When I unplug the servo the brake and reverse work perfectly.

Any ideas what could possibly cause this??

I'd love some more assistance if I may.

Turns out my new hi tec servo causing a problem. When I have the servo plugged into the receiver my brake and reverse don't work intermittently. When I unplug the servo the brake and reverse work perfectly.

Any ideas what could possibly cause this??

Is this in blinky mode, avc mode, or both? Is that ground wire on your servo damaged from the pinch?? Does it act normal with the stock servo???

Is this in blinky mode, avc mode, or both? Is that ground wire on your servo damaged from the pinch?? Does it act normal
with the stock servo???

Both modes. I will swap in the old servo and see what happens. I used another receiver/transmitter with the hi tec servo and it acted up leading me to believe my receiver and transmitter are ok.

Last edited:
Ha, I might take you up on that someday.
Back to installing the servo, are you running a 2014 granite?

I'm afraid I can't see how to install it with either the included horn or the arrma one. It just seams to not fit. Any chance you can take a photo of how you have your servo horn installed? Unless I see something only did differently I'm probably going to give up and try a servo that fits better. Thanks.

Is this in blinky mode, avc mode, or both? Is that ground wire on your servo damaged from the pinch?? Does it act normal with the stock servo???

Turns out the original servo doesn't have the issue. Maybe this servo requires too much power for the esc. I don't know but I'm putting it in eBay and getting a different servo.

Mine works great with the stock ESC (2014 granite blx). Did you buy yours from a reputable source? If so, exchange or return it. No need to take a hit selling it second hand or pass on a defective part to someone else.

I can post a pic of mine installed if you are still interested. Not a whole lot to see tho, it pretty much dropped right in once I figured out the stock horn wasn't going to work.

That is a good point, I am running a 2s lipo and have never tried the stock NiMH with this servo.

However, the post you linked is not really relevant to your situation IMO. It is just stating that Arrma could of gotten more performance out of that servo if it was paired with a 7.2v bec. It will still function fine at 6v, just not with the same speed and torque. And, unless I am mistaken, the wiring diagram shown has a ground loop which is never a good thing.

Last edited:
Also, my stock horn was binding against the top of the servo case. The female side of the spline was too deep. If yours is the same, and you snuged up the screw, the resulting resistance could easily be causing your issue. Try testing it with no horn and see if the problem goes away.

No, it has the same behavior when it is out of the vehicle and plugged in.

i'm not sure what is going on. It says it should work on 6v so I don't get it. Maybe a glitch buster would help?

Well I swapped out the servo for a traxxas 2075 which fit perfectly and works great. I gues the esc just doesn't work with nimh on the stock esc Oh well I learned a bunch in the process! Lol. I will try and see if I can get tower hobbies to take it back but I cut the horns up and the servo has a few scuffs from taking it in and out. If anyone wants a good deal on the hitec servo lemme know!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back