Waterproof fan

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

3d-rc.myshopify.com

Eat,sleep and breath Arrma
Lifetime Premium!
Premium Member
Excellence Award
Hospitality Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. BigRock 4x4
  2. Granite
  3. Infraction
  4. Kraton 8S
  5. Kraton 6s
  6. Notorious
  7. Senton 6s
  8. Senton 3s
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07VVGHTSR/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_glt_fabc_TMF0APN7ZEQCDPS7N21B

Just dropping this here. Just ordered 4 of them. I only plan on running it on 8.4v but should be plenty for the esc. If specs are legitimate this should be a decent fan. @jondilly1974 I know you are a fan guy. I was looking at delta but then this popped up and it tickled my fancy.
This fan is only 11,000 RPM. Most good cooling fans like Power Hobby or Yeah Racing are 28,000 RPM.

This fan is only 11,000 RPM. Most good cooling fans like Power Hobby or Yeah Racing are 28,000 RPM.
Yes but the cfm is more then yeah racing. It's like a low kv motor for example. Less rpm but blades probably have a higher pitch to move more air. If this holds true that is a good thing. Might hold up longer for bashing.

Sounds good. Might gave to try one
Mine will be here Friday I have powerhobby Delta and yeah racing to compare it against I will let this post know how it goes when I get it

I'm honestly kind of skeptical for it to be able to move almost 12 and a half cubic feet per minute of air with that low of RPM

It is a deep fan at 20mm so that is how the fan moves that much air at 11k rpm. The Deltas I use are also deep fans, but mine are much higher rpm. The Deltas I use are so much louder to move that much air though.

It is a deep fan at 20mm so that is how the fan moves that much air at 11k rpm. The Deltas I use are also deep fans, but mine are much higher rpm. The Deltas I use are so much louder to move that much air though.
Again sceptical on the specs lol. Fingers crossed

Um so fan came in today. How can such a quiet fan move so much air. I have no accurate way to measure it obviously... but at an arms reach I can feel it well on my face. It is enough to float itself across my table. Dual ball bearings tapping it on the table while running doesn't even slow it down. For $13 I am very impressed. Has a 20in lead and already setup to plug into a reciver or esc. Definitely moves more then a power hobby fan and my only delta isn't working now. Brand new defective. So cant compare.

Hate to rain on the parade.
@Lovestricken that connector will not fit into a receiver. It's a motherboard connector with different pin size, distance between pins and a larger housing.
On 8.4V, it will probably only deliver 50% of the rated CFM. I would need a datasheet to give a better estimate. Some fans don't even turn on when they are below a certain level, this will probably work on 8V though.
It will be quiet and water-resistant.

Fans meaningful specs are CFM and static pressure. High RPM equates to a lot of noise but higher static pressure. This is a fan with PC in mind which is low noise and very low static pressure. You would have to mount it ~ 1/2 inch away from any obstruction for it to actually work.

By all means, looks like a decent fan and will be quiet. I won't hover on the table (low pressure) but that is pretty silly and useless anyway. I doubt it will have higher CFM than the standard 30/35mm though when underpowered. At 12V it's a better model than some others.

Booo. Jkflow with his facts. He is right however, and ultimately it's still a plastic fan.

Edit: Looks like the connector might work if you clipped the little tabs off. And someone in the reviews has it down to 5V so it should work fine at RC car voltages.

Last edited:
@Lovestricken that connector will not fit into a receiver. It's a motherboard connector with different pin size, distance between pins and a larger housing.
On 8.4V, it will probably only deliver 50% of the rated CFM. I would need a datasheet to give a better estimate. Some fans don't even turn on when they are below a certain level, this will probably work on 8V though.

Fans meaningful specs are CFM and static pressure. High RPM equates to a lot of noise but higher static pressure. This is a fan with PC in mind which is low noise and very low static pressure. You would have to mount it ~ 1/2 inch away from any obstruction for it to actually work.

By all means, looks like a decent fan and will be quiet. I won't hover on the table (low pressure) but that is pretty silly and useless anyway. I doubt it will have higher CFM than the standard 30/35mm though when underpowered. At 12V it's a better model than some others.
Did you not read his post above yours🤣 sounds like he plugged it in just fine to a reciever, it floats across the table and moves plenty of air🤦 seems like it works just fine by his testing unlike your educated assumptions 🤷

I snipped the side tabs off and it fit mine🤷‍♂️
12.3 cfm is a bit of air. Not sure on the rest of the specs honestly. Yes I know it's for a computer. Most fans that size are and are repurposed all the time. As far as the floating thing it does that at 8v which is sufficient air flow over stock and for $3 over a stock fan that to me is a huge improvement I haven't ran it on 12 yet but that is the ultimate plan.
Fits a radiolink at least

Attachments

• 16192323190555006737002407039397.jpg
    16192323190555006737002407039397.jpg
    291.2 KB · Views: 37
Last edited:
Wow, surprised that they do fit. I checked one of my computerfans and that connector won't work for sure.
Let us know how it works out.
Just going to use it as an esc fan as mine likes to overheat after about 10 min with a power hobby fan so it should work just fine for that purpose. I wouldn't say it's as powerful as @jondilly1974 fans. You cant even talk over those things.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back