Outcast Way too much truck for me.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

swampguts

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Granite
  2. Voltage
So I heard about the V3 and how they were gonna have a Tx that apparently no one likes, so I hopped on Tower and ordered the Outcast as they were out of Kratons.

It came in today and it was a pain in the ass to get set up because I have giant hands and can't see, the little Rx I couldn't get back in the box after binding the radio, then I had a hell of a time with the battery straps. Finally, got everything set up and was taking it out on it's maiden voyage on a couple 2s batteries at 5000 mAh 50C. This is WAY too much truck for me. My first RC was a Voltage Granite at Christmas. I've done little upgrades to it and my son's that he got for his birthday right after Halloween. He's got enough torque for five or six yard wheelies from a standstill, but that didn't prepare me for this thing.

I'm actually kinda scared of full throttle, as wimpy as that probably sounds. I thought the radio would let me dial it back like the Voltage Tx, but no. Tomorrow I'm going to a more wide open area to get a better feel for it, but damn. I was not prepared.

Yea- on 6S it can hold a wheelie for hundreds of feet while still spinning across my grass...

Amusingly I am putting in a 14t gear and stiffer diff fluids...

Do we have an official Arrma forum verified longest wheelie post?

This is a good problem to have?

I'm not a fan of how long it takes to change out batteries with all the straps but I find it certainly does keep em in tight. I'm very open to an aftermarket battery holder kinda thing.
Yeah, it would seem so. The videos of people running 4s on YouTube didn't prepare me properly. Haha.
I wish the stock bumper were stronger, I like the look of it far more than any aftermarket ones I've seen.
Yea- on 6S it can hold a wheelie for hundreds of feet while still spinning across my grass...

Amusingly I am putting in a 14t gear and stiffer diff fluids...

Do we have an official Arrma forum verified longest wheelie post?
I'd be interested to see it, it's probably hundreds of yards...
you can always run it on 4s until you get the hang of it......I have large hands as well and if I never need to touch the receiver again on my Kraton it will be too soon

I feel that. I don't ever wanna open that box again. Haha. I plan on running at least twenty times on 4s, no joke. Maybe in two or three months I'll jump to six. This thing is a ridiculous second RC.

Yeah? How do you accomplish that?
Make sure that car is off then if you have the tactic radio, with the radio off turn and hold the wheel all the way to the right then hold the throttle punched and while holding both turn your switch on your light should blink that means you're in program mode after you can turn on your car then drive it and while you hold the throttle while you're driving it the 2 little buttons by your thumb is your adjustment you could go down or up down is to make it less up is to make it more adjust to way you like it then turn the radio off to save the settings try to go in a straight line when adjusting because it's the same way to adjust steering end points so don't turn while pushing the buttons unless adjusting steering end points

You can also lower the punch setting to 1. Factory is 4, highest is 9. This is all done with the button beside the power switch on the truck. The manual explains how to do it. It is a ton of power, but when you get to wide open spaces, you'll want the setting back to 9 and 6s all the way. Blast off!?

Wouldn't mind having your problem!

Thanks for the info, Slick. I think I'm just gonna try and drive it in more open areas instead of my tiny yard. It's a lot of fun and I found some huge piles of material at a local park I wanna jump. Amazing it's only taken a couple runs to get more comfortable with it after having only driven the Granite Voltage.

I've actually gotten more accustomed to it. Seems just right, now. Hahaha. Big park jumps. I'd already fiberglass-reinforced the body, luckily, because I went to lid a few times.

I've actually gotten more accustomed to it. Seems just right, now. Hahaha. Big park jumps. I'd already fiberglass-reinforced the body, luckily, because I went to lid a few times.

It takes practice for sure. The Outcast can be squirly in the air!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back