We need a clip for battery connectors

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

carckton driver

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 6s
Hey @3d-rc.myshopify.com have you ever thought about making clips to secure battery connectors? I think something we can glue on to each side would be the trick. Your products are amazing and your awesome. If anyone could do it and anyone i would want to buy it from you would be the guy.

Any concern over the connectors no longer being able to disconnect on battery ejection?

I’m okay with this

image.jpg

I’m okay with this
Thats what i do but they just wiggle lose after landing over and over.

View attachment 257619
The connectors wiggle lose over time landing jump after jump

I usually run the cables on top of the battery and velcro both cables down on the top of it. Had no problems yet. Can post a picture if you like.
Your talking about the strap that goes sideways over the battery? Never done it because im worried about loosing strength of the velco. Pretty sure with 2 3s batteries in there wouldnt be much velcro making contact
Any concern over the connectors no longer being able to disconnect on battery ejection?
Lol no. My battery has never ejected and i sure hope if it does it comes disconected

Your talking about the strap that goes sideways over the battery? Never done it because im worried about loosing strength of the velco. Pretty sure with 2 3s batteries in there wouldnt be much velcro making contact

Yes, I just checked and for context, this is a Vorteks 3S BLX. I have 2inch or 5cm velcro making contact and I got a rather thick battery( Zeee 8000mah 3S 100C hard case)

im really surprised theres not more interest in this. so many times when watching youtube videos you see the connector wiggle lose.

im really surprised theres not more interest in this. so many times when watching youtube videos you see the connector wiggle lose.
I think some youtuber mentioned that in case theres a crash or smth, its better for the connector to disconnect from the battery.

I had that issue on my e-revo v1/2.0 because I couldn't strap down the plugs like I do on my arrma's. So I made some clips to lock my XT90's together. Then ended up getting some alloy clamps and mounted the connectors to the chassis perpendicular to the truck, but the clips worked until I did that.

2019-1019-XT90-RetainerClips.jpg

These were the clamps:
2021-0514-ERBEv2-LunsfordTieRods-top.jpg

Those worked well too since I'd have to land on the side from about 50 feet up to pop the cables out... if I did that, I'd be going home anyway because the truck would be a pile of busted parts.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back