Talion Weight of your Talion?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Dropped .55 pounds and it only cost me like $450 to $500 lol.
Going to have to sale the Kraton EXB roller I got to keep going on this lol.
So you are at about $2 a gram for weight savings.

I was at about $1/gram when I stopped.

Few parts still on order.

The first few grams are cheaper, the last few grams cost the most

Last thing I'm doing is a buggy motor to save another 2 ounces

Think I'm light enough now to not blow it up
Nice build

Never seen a 1/8 track rig without at least one sway bar. Either front or rear as needed. But just doing it to reduce weight is not an option IMHO. A minor weight reduction resulting in more body roll.
I also find that the Arrma 6s sway bars and their center retention setup is not all that. And are hard to dial in evenly left to right because of this. Sway is uneven left to right. NG. (n)
For wide open field bashing, this is not so critical.
I use the HR alloy sway bar bracket at the Bulkhead. Keeps the center of the sway bar more flat. Helps better. The plastic stocker seems to flex when the sway bar is under load.
:cool:
I ordered the hr sway bar brackets. When they arrive I'll try it out and see if they make the sway bars work well enough or not.

At this moment I'm not convinced they help more than they hurt. The suspension is so much more able to do its job without these cheesy sway bars.

Another 3 ounces. Almost down to 6lbs naked

It's worth noting it's still including all the accessories like the rpm skid plate, rear arm shields, exb bumper, mylaps transponder and radio box cover

IMG_20220402_020804.jpg

Last edited:
So I got my M2C speed chassis now and here is the new weight of my Talion. Also switched to a Promodeler 505 servo so that didn't help weight. But a well worth upgrade. Oh and I also switched to the RPM front bumper.

20220524_190934.jpg

Plastic chassis braces and using the v3 motor mount is a big saving, front brace support piece also heavy. also you can use a carbon rear shock tower.

mine sits at around 3,250g naked (no body or wheels)

Since you guys are checking weights, has anyone weighed the stock ESC? Curious to what the Hobbywing Max8, or any other 6s capable ESC weighs in comparison. Or the stock motor vs another 2050kv from another brand.

Since you guys are checking weights, has anyone weighed the stock ESC? Curious to what the Hobbywing Max8, or any other 6s capable ESC weighs in comparison. Or the stock motor vs another 2050kv from another brand.
I did a stock blx and a max6/1730 hobbystar

9F33C7F8-C6FD-4526-A832-200431F45EEB.jpeg

F3052EE1-B497-4485-8998-D6478208E8D6.jpeg

From everything I have read the stock system is the lightest but I don't have anything different at the moment to compare it to. When mine goes out I will be switching to the Hobbywing due to it being a better system.

Oh man I have a really hard seeing the numbers for some reason from those pictures. Can anyone clearly state what the numbers are?
1 pound 5.4oz for stock, 1 pound 11.2 oz on the max6/4092 hobbystar. The 4985 prob weighs a little more

Yes, I have the weights somewhere and will post is shortly. The stock EXB 2050KV system is stupid heavy with the included heatsink. Without the heatsink the motor is typically Truggy motor weight. But then comes the stupid heavy spektrum ESC with all the crap everywhere.

Moving to the Castle 1717 for me actually weighed almost the same for me. But if you lightened the stock system (easily done) then much lighter.
From everything I have read the stock system is the lightest but I don't have anything different at the moment to compare it to. When mine goes out I will be switching to the Hobbywing due to it being a better system.
Stock system not nearly the lightest unless you strip it down.
Stock EXB 696gr
Screenshot_20220610-113719.jpg

Screenshot_20220610-113743.jpg

Castle 1717 MMX8S Combo 795gr
Screenshot_20220610-113840.jpg

Screenshot_20220610-113734.jpg

I've since gotten the castle system even lighter by eliminating the power switch and removing all the excessive wiring, now i only have 1 plug.

Last edited:
I have the same setup my Talion. Any issues with using bullet connector extensions from the esc to the motor. Having a hard time getting the 4092 to fit without them.
I haven't had any issues with extensions. I put some heat shrink over the connections to help hold it in case of a bad crash. I make sure they are pretty snug too.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back