Kraton Weird noise please help

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. BigRock 4x4
  2. Kraton 6s
  3. Nero
  4. Outcast 6s
I’ve been having this problem for a while and have tried everything. My brothers kraton is making a really bad noise. It sounds like gears grinding or something like that. And every time we run it thru it to see if we can get the problem to break itself the center diff always blows. I’ve tried everything I can think of: new center diff, new front and rear diffs, new motor, new esc. Nothing is working. The gear mesh is set properly and the pinion gears into the front and rear diffs seem good. And on the front tires I can spin just 1 or both and no noise. Same with the back. But when you try to spin all 4 it makes the noise. Please help. If needed I’ll post a video as soon as I get it to that point again as I’m waiting for another center diff to come in from Jenny's.

Post video but if you’re new to the Arrma 6s noises you can be thrown off by how it sounds when it’s rolled across the floor. Long story short the magnets in the motor working with the metal driveline parts has a unique sound, but perfectly normal. I’d like to rule that out before digging too deep

Post video but if you’re new to the Arrma 6s noises you can be thrown off by how it sounds when it’s rolled across the floor. Long story short the magnets in the motor working with the metal driveline parts has a unique sound, but perfectly normal. I’d like to rule that out before digging too deep
I am familiar with 6s trucks. In particular the outcast and Nero and I forgot to mention it’s also going really slow aswell

I’m m sure with video of the noise your hearing we can get it figured out.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back