Weird part issue

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Desert Bear

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Granite
Hi All I had a wheel spin off last week and I lost the pin that goes through the wheel axle. I ordered one and it came today. As soon as I saw it I could see the new pin was too big. I double checked the exploded parts view to verify the part number which was correct. It seems like I ordered the right thing and they sent what I ordered but it's just too big. Has
anybody ever run across anything like this before?

P1000655.JPG

I'm probably missing something obvious but not quite obvious enough
Thanks in advance

Last edited by a moderator:
Yep that part number checks out for me too. Do you have calipers to measure what you received?

BA85C7DD-ECD9-4613-8400-212ACEC3D4DE.png

If you got a dremel just trim it down to length maybe
Is the diameter larger too?
That's my plan at this point. The diameter is perfect. I just couldn't believe I would have to do that to a brand new metal pin. I've been out of the hobby for awhile but that seems goofy to me.

That's my plan at this point. The diameter is perfect. I just couldn't believe I would have to do that to a brand new metal pin. I've been out of the hobby for awhile but that seems goofy to me.
Yeah HH warranty dept goofs pretty hard on parts. I destroyed an input gear and after contacting them they sent me a pair of axleshafts for a discontinued model that's like 5 years old.

Yeah HH warranty dept goofs pretty hard on parts. I destroyed an input gear and after contacting them they sent me a pair of axleshafts for a discontinued model that's like 5 years old.
I could see if they sent the wrong part but they actually sent the right one it's just...wrong. I'm not sure it's their fault in this case. It almost seems like somebody somewhere stapled the wrong cards to the wrong bags. All I know is I'm out of action till I get it fixed. Bummer. Hopefully I should be able to get it done tomorrow with the help of the good ol' Dremel tool

Yeah I measured it at 15. As soon as I cut off the extra 3mm it fit perfectly and I'm back on the road. I guess you can't always count on parts being the correct size from the factory
I deal with that a lot at my work, one company will just up and change things then just send the new parts out with the old directions.....

I just bought some pins for my typhon. They were out of the arrma ones,so I got another brand. Supposedly they were .3 longer than the originals. I took them anyway and planned to trim them down. They fit perfectly without trimming. And even if they were too long I couldn't see how it would affect performance at all lol. As long as the pins aren't touching anything I wouldn't care if they stick out a bit. Behind my wheels anyway. Glad it worked out for you OP.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back