Weird particles in diff

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Prisma

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. 4x4-Mega
  2. Granite
Just took apart my diffs, noticed something that eerily reminds me of plastic particles. Now the gear itself isn't damaged, in fact it's completely fine. Any of you have an idea what that is? Also I've mixed the stock lube with a different one, if that's what's causing it.
Thanks in advance for any replies
Just took apart my diffs, noticed something that eerily reminds me of plastic particles. Now the gear itself isn't damaged, in fact it's completely fine. Any of you have an idea what that is? Also I've mixed the stock lube with a different one, if that's what's causing it.
Thanks in advance for any replies
Also a picture here

Attachments

• IMG_20210513_110315.jpg
    IMG_20210513_110315.jpg
    283.2 KB · Views: 71
With plastic gear you’ll have plastic particles. It’s a part that’s gonna wear. It’s best to have a few spares on hand

It's just wear from the gears, usually the pinion, which in your case may be on it's way out judging from the picture although it's a bit unclear. It's best to dollop a load of grease on them once in a while or they'll dry out and wear quicker. Having the slipper set a little looser will help with the wear too

It's just wear from the gears, usually the pinion, which in your case may be on it's way out judging from the picture although it's a bit unclear. It's best to dollop a load of grease on them once in a while or they'll dry out and wear quicker. Having the slipper set a little looser will help with the wear too
Oh okay thanks! I will put as much grease as I can on them. I'm a bit unsure how tight to set the slipper, mainly because there aren't any tutorials for the mega 91T assembly

Back