Weird problem with my Nero...not sure if it's broken or not

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mrfurious40k

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Nero
  2. Senton 6s
So I had my truck out for so runs in the yard and up and down the street tonight to get my packs down to storage voltage. I noticed the left rear was sitting a little low but the shocks and rods were all good. Once I broke it down to clean it I found that the rear corner of the upper suspension arm was free and the rod was not in the proper position. It had moved forward (towards the nose of the truck) approximately 1/2" which allowed one side of the suspension arm to escape. There is minimal damage to the arm so I believe its salvageable but I'm not sure where that rod belongs.

How does it fit into the bulkhead?

Can it slide in from the front or back or have I punched a hole through the front of the bulkhead and need to replace the whole thing? If it can slide in from either side, how is it retained?

Thanks

20160904_204825.jpg
20160904_205051.jpg

The first one is from the top and behind. The second one is looking down between the rear shocks towards the left rear corner of the truck.

Attachments

• 20160904_204825.jpg
    20160904_204825.jpg
    256.3 KB · Views: 21
I went to the exploded parts view to see if there was a retaining pin or anything to hold those rods. Nope.
Wow, you must have pushed it right through the bulk head. No. Idea. How that can happen.

The more I looked at the picture from the inside, the more it appeared that I did push it right through. Cartwheels are really hard on these big heavy rigs and I've done quite quite a few. I can only assume that somehow it got pulled apart enough for the upper suspension arm to get behind it and then when it hit the ground the next time the suspension arm pushed it through the bulkhead like a trip hammer.

Ordered the parts....New bulkhead and pins. I don't know if I'll be able to get the old one out of the broken bulkehead without gouging it. I also ordered spare suspension arms for the rear. It seems that I only damage the rear left corner of this truck. Ball end has popped and now this catastrophic failure. All from cartwheeling in front of my house. I think the wheelie bar is the culprit. It helps keep it off the lid but once you lose it, the wheelie bar tends to send it over one way or the other rather than right onto its back like a turtle.

wow...yeah man...cartwheels are horrible ...you can feel it in your teeth. ...poor nero...he's in pain...broken hip joint. ...
I have bought quite a few RC trucks since December when I jumped into this hobby. I am IMPRESSED with ARRMA. I always thought Traxxas was the standard bearer and both my Stampede & Slash broke down within a month or two of purchase. I also don't like how Traxxas tried to monopolize RC in general - buy a traxxas vehicle that only accepts high priced Traxxas batteries? FU - esp when two of my boys spent 800$ +150 on batteries only to replace plastic cheap ass driveshafts over and over and over and over.... ARRMA is the goto RC shop right now to me - they HONOR their warrantees and stay reasonably priced. I bought a NERO last month and my new Kraton V2 arrives Wednesday. Next up will be a BLX buggy or a Senton - will stick with a company that makes vehicles to BASH and LAST.

I'm not upset about this at all. I've driven this truck HARD. Crashed it badly on asphalt and broke a $15 part in about 8 runs. I cannot complain at all.

I have bought quite a few RC trucks since December when I jumped into this hobby. I am IMPRESSED with ARRMA. I always thought Traxxas was the standard bearer and both my Stampede & Slash broke down within a month or two of purchase. I also don't like how Traxxas tried to monopolize RC in general - buy a traxxas vehicle that only accepts high priced Traxxas batteries? FU - esp when two of my boys spent 800$ +150 on batteries only to replace plastic cheap ass driveshafts over and over and over and over.... ARRMA is the goto RC shop right now to me - they HONOR their warrantees and stay reasonably priced. I bought a NERO last month and my new Kraton V2 arrives Wednesday. Next up will be a BLX buggy or a Senton - will stick with a company that makes vehicles to BASH and LAST.
Couldn't agree more. My stampede has been converted to a slash. I run a 2650kv castle motor and a mm2, mip x-duty axels, tekno center drives shaft, and Robinson racing slipper... since converting to slash haven't had it out yet and it's been done for a few weeks. My vattera halix is better built and cheaper, my xmaxx is a failure on evert word evolution of poop trucks is all... my kraton is king of the hill my Nero pops rod ends every run and my newest addition a 1/5 scale losi mtxl is in need of a good bit of loctite and a few grub screws. I don't mind upgrading and fixing things but crappsass is a joke.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    372.5 KB · Views: 30
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    159.2 KB · Views: 29
Last edited:
Fixed it the other day. About 1.5 hours from UPS in the driveway until the tools were being put away. Bulkheads are a big tear down. Lots of screws have to come out before that sucker will slide out from between the TVPs.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back