Welcome to the new year, ugh

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Glock21user

" Nothing succeeds like excess "
Premium Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. 4x4-Mega
  2. BigRock 4x4
  3. Granite
  4. Infraction
  5. Kraton 6s
  6. Kraton 4s
  7. Raider
  8. Talion
  9. Typhon 6s
  10. Typhon 3s
So I am on my way home from work lastnight approximately 23:30 hrs headed north on one of our twisty turny backroads pretty deep into a corner at speed and as luck would have it 3 deer are running out of the wood line and I had to fill my buck tag a little late and with my truck.

From the drivers door to the corner of the bed he whooped that truck like it was his.
At the conclusion of this not so fun event the state cop that came out asked me if I wanted the deer as he would write me a roadkill tag.
He obviously has a sense of humor as we were both looking at a mess that only an encounter with a 375 hp blender can create.
I politely declined, we laughed and I drove the remaining 2 miles home.

Other than sounding like duck season in the cab of my truck from every airbag dropping and being pissed that the truck is bent all is good though.

20210104_233346.jpg
20210104_233354.jpg
20210104_234627.jpg

So I am on my way home from work lastnight approximately 23:30 hrs headed north on one of our twisty turny backroads pretty deep into a corner at speed and as luck would have it 3 deer are running out of the wood line and I had to fill my buck tag a little late and with my truck.

From the drivers door to the corner of the bed he whooped that truck like it was his.
At the conclusion of this not so fun event the state cop that came out asked me if I wanted the deer as he would write me a roadkill tag.
He obviously has a sense of humor as we were both looking at a mess that only an encounter with a 375 hp blender can create.
I politely declined, we laughed and I drove the remaining 2 miles home.

Other than sounding like duck season in the cab of my truck from every airbag dropping and being pissed that the truck is bent all is good though.

View attachment 117940View attachment 117939View attachment 117938
If the airbags are out isn't it totaled?

If the airbags are out isn't it totaled?
We believe it may be due to every single airbag dropping.
Seats, sidecurtains, dash and wheel all went.
The insurance company will decide.

Scary stuff! Several years ago, my neighbor hit a buck at high speed with her car.

The A-pillar of the car sliced open the animal, and all the guts an everything inside the animal spilled in the car. She smelled like poop for a long time, but that A-pillar saved her life for sure.

Scary stuff! Several years ago, my neighbor hit a buck at high speed with her car.

The A-pillar of the car sliced open the animal, and all the guts an everything inside the animal spilled in the car. She smelled like poop for a long time, but that A-pillar saved her life for sure.
That would be terrifying for sure.
I am just glad I didn't have the wifes car this could have been very different.

My dad hit a squirrel with his f250 towing his jeep down the highway once.... scary stuff
Now that is some scary happenings right there, man just think of what may have happened if a beer had spilled too.

Glad you’re ok! We live in deer country here as well. Wasting disease is taking its toll on the herd but still a danger. My mother has hit so many deer with her Honda, I kid her, it’s like a brand new car it has had so many body panels replaced.
Hope the loss of vehicle is not too much of a hassle and you can get back to normal soon.

Dang, that must have scared the :poop: out of you when all of a sudden you were hit from all directions by explosive balloons ? At least it wasn't summer, I've never had to experience an airbag, but lots of friends say the abrasions suck worse than anything else.

Dang, that must have scared the :poop: out of you when all of a sudden you were hit from all directions by explosive balloons ? At least it wasn't summer, I've never had to experience an airbag, but lots of friends say the abrasions suck worse than anything else.
It was awakening to say the least.
First and only time I have been in a vehicle that deployed any airbag much less 6.
It was loud for sure.
The side curtain airbag on the driverside left a bruise and small rash to my ear and neck but that was it.

Sure but generally when all airbags have deployed it's a guaranteed write-off. This truck is a write-off. There's just no way to rebuild any vehicle dependably, safely and under replacement cost for it to make any sense to any insurance company. Just my experience...

Oh by the way, glad you're healthy and happy enough to post pictures on the internet of this event @Glock21user! Screw Conjob-1984, beware the zombie ungulate apocalypse...

Last edited:
My brother was coming home late from work like you when a buck jumped out and totaled out a Toyota pickup head on. I use to work as a highway motorists assistance and this happened all the time.

Had a couple from Texas come down to NOLA in full size Ford LTD and hit hugh buck head on, totaled it, grill gone, radiator/ac condenser destroyed and smoking, fenders pushed back into both doors, hood crumpled and pushed back into the windshield. It was a big boy, was DOA on arrival.

I worked night shift and 18 wheelers would take them out routinely. Was cruising one cold night and I could smell a fresh road kill that just happened with heater on, windows up, you know that nasty deer gut smell if you puncture the gut while dressing out. Slowed down and deer was decapitated with chunks scattered for at least a football field. There was one of those big mud flaps in the middle of road, sheared off clean from the rig with the large alumimum pipe still attached. Had to pick that off the road and chunks of deer too.

When I was a youngster and would go out with a friend to party, his dad would always say to us to drive careful before we left, reason was he hit a cow on the highway in a full size caddy and totaled it. State trooper told him he's lucky to be alive. Sorry for long post, but this is a serious problem in the US, with major insurance claims yearly.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back