Welcome to the new year, ugh

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Had a couple from Texas come down to NOLA in full size Ford LTD and hit hugh buck head on, totaled it, grill gone, radiator/ac condenser destroyed and smoking, fenders pushed back into both doors, hood crumpled and pushed back into the windshield. It was a big boy, was DOA on arrival.
About 2 years ago my Father-in-laws Sister-in-law was passenger with her husband driving their Chevy Traverse. Was dusk and they watched the pick-up in front of them hit a big buck, and they lost sight of it. She leaned forwards to look up and out the windshield, and the buck came through head first. She did not make it. The damage to the SUV was unbelievable, looked like a boulder had been dropped on it.

Deer around my house have become nuisance pests. People think they are cute and leave out feed, and we end up with unhealthy numbers of deer with no fear of people, even the bucks hang around and I can get within 15' of them, sadly inside city limits with a tree hugging neighbor or a crossbow would be my best friend. I want to be sanctioned by the city to be a deer sniper, I mean this morning alone I could have taken out 10 eating various trees in our back yard, 2 of which did not look healthy. We've had several that animal control or officers put down because they were sick and hanging around people's porches.

Doesn't it depend on how old the vehicle is and how bad the damage is to decide if it is totaled or not.
Since all 6 airbags popped and the side of the truck is trashed the total cost to repair will most likely exceed the value of the vehicle.
The headliner, both seats, all of the trim and the airbag sensor will need to be replaced and that is just inside the vehicle.
Then the divers doors front and back, the bed side and the windshield just to start.
It can quickly become more than the insurance will pay.
Sure but generally when all airbags have deployed it's a guaranteed write-off. This truck is a write-off. There's just no way to rebuild any vehicle dependably, safely and under replacement cost for it to make any sense to any insurance company. Just my experience...

Oh by the way, glad you're healthy and happy enough to post pictures on the internet of this event @Glock21user! Screw Conjob-1984, beware the zombie ungulate apocalypse...
Thanks for the kind well wishes.
The dealer thinks it will be a write off also.

Since all 6 airbags popped and the side of the truck is trashed the total cost to repair will most likely exceed the value of the vehicle.
The headliner, both seats, all of the trim and the airbag sensor will need to be replaced and that is just inside the vehicle.
Then the divers doors front and back, the bed side and the windshield just to start.
It can quickly become more than the insurance will pay.

Thanks for the kind well wishes.
The dealer thinks it will be a write off also.
What vehicle are you planning to replace it with?

What vehicle are you planning to replace it with?
We are a FORD house for sure but I am not sure I am willing to pay what they want for a new truck.
I just got off of the phone with the dealer and the general feeling is it will be totalled.
It will either be a FORD or a Dodge I feel.

702hp in a truck is insane (Ram TRX).
Our son builds jeeps with the 1000hp Helephant motor so 700 isn't too bad.

20210102_132914.jpg

Last edited:
Good to hear u ok & dammmm!!
last year I had a doe chased through our field into rd 35 mph nothing fast and doe got hit by truck guy stopped & as I look out window here comes the horny ass buck that was chasing it
Mount the dead doe ? must been a good piece he was after ???? But glad ur ok

I have seen that the driveshafts don't hold the 1000hp too well so most get upgraded. You can always swap a car with a Helephant motor:ROFLMAO:?‍♂️
Stock drivelines will not hold together at those power levels that is why his jeeps cost what they do.
The axles get swapped with 1-ton stuff, driveshafts are all custom made and trans/transfer cases get pulled and replaced also.
When it leaves his shop not much is stock anymore.
To say I am proud of him is a huge understatement, we swap parts and change our RC stuff to do what we need or want he just does it with full size real power.

We are a FORD house for sure but I am not sure I am willing to pay what they want for a new truck.
I just got off of the phone with the dealer and the general feeling is it will be totalled.
It will either be a FORD or a Dodge I feel.
What truck are you looking at? 2021 models?

What truck are you looking at? 2021 models?
Either a Dodge or Ford 1/2 ton 4wd.
I absolutely hate all of the electronics on the new trucks but I will have to adjust.
Not objectionable to a demo or used with low miles and new would be ok if I had to.
What are you thinking?

I absolutely hate all of the electronics on the new trucks but I will have to adjust.
Not objectionable to a demo or used with low miles and new would be ok if I had to.
What are you thinking?
Depends on how much you are willing to spend and if you want any features. A base XL F-150 super crew is 39k.

What are you thinking?
How do you feel about the Toyota Tundra and Ford Raptors? Toyotas get a decent discount if they are the demo model.

I am not a Toyota kinda guy but thank you.
Nothing wrong with them they are really nice trucks but not for me.
The Raptor is a great truck but doesn't have the towing capability I require, since we have horses and our daughter shows we are always hauling a horse trailer and Clydesdales aren't small then there is the antique tractors we haul to shows.
Quite often we are right at or close to the 10k towing cap I currently have.
My son's new (2020) F150 is rated to tow even more than mine.

A base xl for 39k thank you but no.
If u am going to have to spend 50 or more I will go back to a Super Duty platform.

The Raptor is a great truck but doesn't have the towing capability I require, since we have horses and our daughter shows we are always hauling a horse trailer and Clydesdales aren't small then there is the antique tractors we haul to shows.

If u am going to have to spend 50 or more I will go back to a Super Duty platform.
You can get an XLT with the 3.5l power boost Hybrid v6 that can tow up to 8,200 lbs for 49k. Not sure if hybrids are you thing, but this get really good fuel economy at 24mpg. It also has a lot of power. 430hp and 570 lb-ft of torque. https://shop.ford.com/build/f150/?gnav=header-trucks-bp#/config/Config[|Ford|F-150|2021|1|1.|301A.W1C.....XLT.99D.CCAB.RETAIL.SS6.]

No wonder why your profile picture is a horse!
You can get an XLT with the 3.5l power boost Hybrid v6 that can tow up to 8,200 lbs for 49k. Not sure if hybrids are you thing, but this get really good fuel economy at 24mpg. It also has a lot of power. 430hp and 570 lb-ft of torque. https://shop.ford.com/build/f150/?gnav=header-trucks-bp#/config/Config[|Ford|F-150|2021|1|1.|301A.W1C.....XLT.99D.CCAB.RETAIL.SS6.]
I think he said he usually tows about 10 000 lbs. Maybe fuel economy is his thing :ROFLMAO:

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back