Well crap - TBR is closing down

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
TBR was far from the best. But was still a viable option. Cust service was bad for me on the whole. I sometimes felt like they were going under with the poor support that I got. I have much of their stuff. But it was a floundering Mom and Pop Family Company. They tried. You have to admit that they were the only game in town there for a while with the unique stuff they sold.
And I too always hate to see any RC upgrade brand go under. Support for RC is paramount.:(
I don't feel their company was managed well enough to succeed. They shot themselves in the foot if you ask me. I can say that I spent a few hundred $ with them years back. But I did decide to stop spending with TBR. I guess many others the same. Poor Cust Service. And the supposed Lifetime warranty was just a one time replacement. And it excluded parts that just wore out quickly. Like stated above.

Last edited:
So much hate for the company. However, I don’t really have much bad to say. Their products have held up incredibly well for me and I am pretty hard on my stuff!

Always breaking stuff, never broke a bumper from them.

So much hate for the company. However, I don’t really have much bad to say. Their products have held up incredibly well for me and I am pretty hard on my stuff!

Always breaking stuff, never broke a bumper from them.
Depends what exact bumpers you got. Many attatchments were changed/ revised over time.
Mine held up fine .. except for the attaching hardware and supports. The actual Bumpers themselves were fairly durable. But for the prices they charged, not good enough. Never any instructions, and countless times, missing or incorrect hardware. Taking weeks for them to get to me or even reply. Spoke on the phone many times. Promised the world and weeks later phoned again to start the process all over again. With the same person. ( owners son) Who appeared brain dead. Had Zero RC knowledge to be honest. Only the Father who started the business had RC knowledge. And he never spoke to customers. Not his thing, I was told by his son. I asked a technical question about fitting/hardware screw sizing and No one had a clue.
Is what it is. I think TBR was doomed out the gate TBH.:whistle: Not truly serious about RC. Just a quick money grab. You can tell by their website and how it is setup.
I don't call it hate. I know that I gave them a sincere try, having spent well over $200-300. Inlcuding Dusty Motors chassis covers when they were the sole distributor for them here in the States. ( 4 of them).
Not hate. Those that invested in TBR got little return IMHO. Including myself.
Hate didn't do TBR in. They Did themselves in. They were just a quick money Grab with a product that no one else had when they started their business. Even their Ramps cost a bundle. And hardly worth the coin. They had a very high price point with little to offer. Just trying to make a name as a premium brand. Which they were never....
There are many RC Businesses like this.

Edited.

Last edited:
Those that invested in TBR got little return IMHO. Including myself.

This is it, really. They were expensive for what they were, and originally what you were paying for was the unconditional full replacement warranty, which I had used quite often.

When they changed their warranty policy, but not the prices to match, it was the beginning of the end.

I have no gripes with their one or two piece designs; in fact they worked quite well, but when they got complicated they just never worked right. It was all a matter of knowing what you were getting.

TBR was far from the best. But was still a viable option. Cust service was bad for me on the whole. I sometimes felt like they were going under with the poor support that I got. I have much of their stuff. But it was a floundering Mom and Pop Family Company. They tried. You have to admit that they were the only game in town there for a while with the unique stuff they sold.
And I too always hate to see any RC upgrade brand go under. Support for RC is paramount.:(
I don't feel their company was managed well enough to succeed. They shot themselves in the foot if you ask me. I can say that I spent a few hundred $ with them years back. But I did decide to stop spending with TBR. I guess many others the same. Poor Cust Service. And the supposed Lifetime warranty was just a one time replacement. And it excluded parts that just wore out quickly. Like stated above.
I submitted a warranty claim once, no confirmation that I even submitted a warranty claim, no email that it was approved and they were sending me a new one nothing. 2 weeks later I had a package from them in my mailbox...............

My 2¢, my experience. I beat to death this bumper on my Talion v3, I did trim it down and modify it slightly and then swapped it to my Kraton exb still didn't break, yet. I broke their Mojave front bumper 1st pack, They took care of me with 2 replacement parts for the piece that broke, was quite some time to receive them though. The Mojave one was a disappointment in toughness. I think it's sad to see any hobby parts place go away. Especially a small operation, not some big company. I mean how many brands,choices, or different looks are there for a arrma 6s bumper? Now we have one less choice. Granted, I only had experience with 2 of their products, and the results were 50/50, one great, one not .

20190818_142559.jpg

20190818_142132.jpg

20191212_204220~2.jpg

IMG_20210713_195125_8.jpg

IMG_20220327_181347_2.jpg

IMG_20220327_181324_0.jpg

IMG_20220327_170051_8.jpg

Last edited:
While I have my gripes with RPM, at least they answer emails. TBR was on par with HR to me when it comes to communicating. They just didn’t respond. Their designs were terrible IMO. The 3S front bumper fiasco was my final straw with them.

EXPENSIVE-Good product.. non-existence customer service and absent directions.. Good Riddance..

I’m still rockin’ their stuff. Their three piece stuff just became one piece stuff on my rig after breaking apart, which wasn’t to big of deal because it still works and breaks falls, bumps, etc. I don’t have too many gripes, only that gotta find something else. I like that the setup I have now has a lot of give. Hopefully the next thing works as well…

34022845-104C-4F2D-9559-D141812777BF.jpeg

831BE524-581F-42BE-AC81-8788B74502B0.jpeg

I've only purchased their front and rear bumper for my Senton 3s. So far they are holding up well and it looks better than stock ones.

I do love their ramp though!! Wish they had more options. It is pricey, but it's so lightweight and easy to transport, I love it!! If the few they have left go on sale I am getting another one!!

Maybe they should have just made/sold ramps! :ROFLMAO:

20220807_162657.jpg

20220814_084124.jpg
20220807_201832.jpg
VideoCapture_20220807-225356.jpg

VideoCapture_20220807-224848.jpg

I really liked TBR's 3S parts. I have bumpers for my Typhon and Big Rock and both have been quite solid (and one for my Losi Mini JRX2, which is excellent). The lack of directions was an issue for both, though, and I'm not 100% sure I have the Big Rock's bumper installed correctly. Even still, my son rammed it full speed into a tree and the truck was fine, so it had something going for it.

Surprised to see so many negative opinions. When I was searching around, it seemed like they were highly recommended on here previously. Sounds like the warranty thing rubbed a lot of people the wrong way.

I did think it was unusual most of their stuff was always out of stock. That's not typically the sign of a healthy business.

I liked the stuff I bought from them. Front and rear bumper for the old Granite 2x.. $24 total seemed like a good deal especially with that warranty. Revo 1/8 both bumpers and a bottom skid plate forgot how much I paid but I beat the hell out of it on 4 5 and 6S to boot, and it took it like a champ. Reasonable durability. No hassle warranty replacement. The hardware was fine and all there, holes lined up, instructions were great in my opinion but I think they counter sunk the holes too much and a few screws punched thru the holes. I think if they used a thicker material and didnt sink the champfer so much they'd be better.

Never bought anything considered overly complicated or bad design, sounds like the newer stuff got wonky???

too bad they're closing. I liked their bumpers. they worked and saved me coin on parts not getting damaged.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back