Well crap - TBR is closing down

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Their one piece designs were decent, but the 3+ part items were overly complex and never lasted, with the worse designs being about the same durability of RPM bumpers.

They were initially expensive because of the warranty that came with, but as soon as they canceled that, they weren't really worth even the shipping, especially with the release of the EXB bumpers and 3d-rc wing mounts right around the same time, which are both better products, and better priced.

I've bought a few of their rear bumpers/wheelie bars. Mixed results to say the least. They're a bit clunky and because you hook them up to the rear diff housing were a pain to deal with when wanting to do simple things like diff servicing. I'm not currently running them for this reason. The bumper/wheelie did provide good protection though but the rear diff hassle became too much for me. Sad to see them go...maybe somebody can capitalize on some of their more popular parts and improve on them. I kinda wonder why they're closing cause it seemed like they were pretty popular...but looks can be deceiving.View attachment 234718View attachment 234719View attachment 234720
What tires are those ? Looking good 👍

What tires are those ? Looking good 👍
GRP 1/5 scale F1 Tires. Kinda heavy (about 318 grams each) and I had to take them off cause I think they were causing diff issues. I had the GP5 42/15 in that car and the weight on the wheels was a bit too much. The GP5 diffs seem to work a lot better with smaller lighter tires. I've since put the GP4 45/14 (front and rear) in that car and went down to the regular 1/5 scale GRP and things are better. The F1 tires are a little larger but they've got way more rubber. They hook up excellent on the street though. I'd recommend them but only with the regular spiral cut 43/10 diffs cause they're a lot stronger and can handle the extra weight. I like to keep my tire weight below 250 grams with an on road car. At 318 grams these are heavy but not as heavy as a Sweeps Crusher. If I had to do it all over again and wanted to make a street bashing Talion, Kraton or Outcast/Notorius I'd put them on a heartbeat over a Sweeps. The F1s are a good alternative to those IMHO.

Yikes. Harsh crowd.

I had a bunch of Arrmas back in the V2 days (circa 2017 or so) and I was under the impression T-Bone was rather popular at that time. I bought a bunch of their products for my Kraton and Granite and thought they did a good job. This is unfortunate news.

Wow, it’s really surprising to learn of so many here that were not happy with their products. I’ve never had any of their offerings, but many have been recommended to me here on this forum. I just never bought their bumpers because I didn’t like the way they looked, and at that time I never had a rig with a wheelie bar.
I’m definitely not a fan of RPM, but I can speak from experience there.
Still, I never wish anyones business to go belly up.
You guys are tough!! 🤣
No joke, right?

I've used several of their bumpers and one skid plate, never had any issues. Though they were only on brushed and 3s rigs. Maybe they don't hold up as well on the heavier ones.
I just went to their site and was going to order a $7 wheelie bar brace ( that breaks all the time) and they tried to charge me $30 shipping. Get Gone A$$H@LES!!!!

Hate to see a company close but it’s been awful hard to order from them lately - whenever a sale happened, a lot of stuff was out of stock and it was always a struggle to put enough stuff together to reach the threshold of free shipping (when they had it). Their Kydex mudguards worked well but I've given up on some of their more kludgy bumper solutions.

I must be in the minority, but I've been very happy with the TBR stuff. What I've bought has been very durable and the price was more than reasonable. I have front and rear bumpers from TBR for my Typhon 6s and Stampede 2wd. All 4 have been through countless hard crashes and zero problems holding up.
They do have quiet a few items that I've skipped because they are overpriced, but as far as bumpers I've got nothing but good things to say about them.
I'll be taking advantage of the sales.

Well that's a bummer. I wasn't terribly impressed with their bumper and wheelie bar on my big rock though. Only parts I've bought from them. The skid plates aren't molded to sit right against the chassis, so they flex and open up little gaps when you tighten and you have to flex the skid plate pretty far to line everything up with the bumper springs. Even so, less companies developing parts means less innovation and I hate to see that.

Last edited:
GRP 1/5 scale F1 Tires. Kinda heavy (about 318 grams each) and I had to take them off cause I think they were causing diff issues. I had the GP5 42/15 in that car and the weight on the wheels was a bit too much. The GP5 diffs seem to work a lot better with smaller lighter tires. I've since put the GP4 45/14 (front and rear) in that car and went down to the regular 1/5 scale GRP and things are better. The F1 tires are a little larger but they've got way more rubber. They hook up excellent on the street though. I'd recommend them but only with the regular spiral cut 43/10 diffs cause they're a lot stronger and can handle the extra weight. I like to keep my tire weight below 250 grams with an on road car. At 318 grams these are heavy but not as heavy as a Sweeps Crusher. If I had to do it all over again and wanted to make a street bashing Talion, Kraton or Outcast/Notorius I'd put them on a heartbeat over a Sweeps. The F1s are a good alternative to those IMHO.
Thanks man I appreciate you telling what diffs to go with the tire that’s important most ppl don’t realize tires and diffs go together.

Other than the terrible included directions, I found their 3s parts to be pretty great. Seems maybe inflation has claimed another victim.

Other than the terrible included directions, I found their 3s parts to be pretty great. Seems maybe inflation has claimed another victim.
Perhaps, hard to say. I haven't been privy to TBR until the last 2 years or so. It's a labor of love I think, to run such a niche business. Maybe after 18 years, just burned out? Lost interest? IDK.

What directions?

I don't care if they were the only company that made bumpers for a lot of vehicles it doesn't change the fact that their customer service was basically none existent, stuff was out of stock for years at a time, the newer bumpers were a pain in the rear to install, the bumper broke rather easily, they were too thin where they attached to the chassis so the screws pull through, the screws always pulled out of the plastic parts and in many cases the parts were made wrong and didn't even fit.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back