Kraton Well.... I did it.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kalison

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 6s
  2. Typhon 3s
I gave Arrma more money and landed a Kraton 6s. It didn’t take long after I got my Typhon 3s!

so far the thing is an absolute beast, as you all know. Tomorrow will be an official first bash.

I am bummed that of all the batteries there are, the Spektrum Smart 3s 5000mah 50c hardcase Pack’s don’t stack in the battery tray. How funny is that? There isn’t enough adjustment on the sliding nose deal... I can always remove it but I feel like it helps keep that top battery in place than without it.

Anyone else find a better way to run stacked 3s batts? I plan on getting some 6s packs, but for now I will be running it like this.

Congrats on the new rig, 6S is the way to go.

I never run hardcase for that same reason.
Softpacks for me.

Good luck, hopefully someone can chime in, besided breaking the case and wrapping them on giant heat shrinks which I have seen, or wrap around w electric tape as I have done on batts I have opened when one lipo goes bad.

Seriously, if you don't have space, those are some insane heavy packs, because I have 6S lipos 5000mah for edf jets 60C and those things are seriously heavy bricks, cant imagine hard cases.

Congrats man!

You can fit those packs. I’ve had 2 7600mah hardcase packs in there before and there’s no way those 5000’s are larger than those. Just remove the adjustable top piece and you’ll be good to go. Why are the Smart packs so large? 5000mah really isn’t that big.

Have fun tomorrow and let’er rip!

I gave Arrma more money and landed a Kraton 6s. It didn’t take long after I got my Typhon 3s!

so far the thing is an absolute beast, as you all know. Tomorrow will be an official first bash.

I am bummed that of all the batteries there are, the Spektrum Smart 3s 5000mah 50c hardcase Pack’s don’t stack in the battery tray. How funny is that? There isn’t enough adjustment on the sliding nose deal... I can always remove it but I feel like it helps keep that top battery in place than without it.

Anyone else find a better way to run stacked 3s batts? I plan on getting some 6s packs, but for now I will be running it like this.
That little sliding nose piece can go higher if you just push in the tab on the receiver box side. Make sure the two sliding cylinders stay in then tighten it down with the large velcro strap. If removing it becomes a necessity, get a second thin velcro strap to wrap the batteries like the one small one that's already there.

Congrats man!

You can fit those packs. I’ve had 2 7600mah hardcase packs in there before and there’s no way those 5000’s are larger than those. Just remove the adjustable top piece and you’ll be good to go. Why are the Smart packs so large? 5000mah really isn’t that big.

Have fun tomorrow and let’er rip!

Ah okay, I was afraid that nose piece was more crucial to holding the packs in!

they seem kinda large, but I just thought it was funny that I went all in on the “ecosystem” for the smart stuff and their own batteries won’t stack without some modification.

That little sliding nose piece can go higher if you just push in the tab on the receiver box side. Make sure the two sliding cylinders stay in then tighten it down with the large velcro strap. If removing it becomes a necessity, get a second thin velcro strap to wrap the batteries like the one small one that's already there.

I can see now I can pop it off but still utilize it if I want to. Thanks!

Congrats! She's a crazy rig! Ditch the stx2 though its proper laggy and you can't really do much setting wise. I changed radios and my end points for steering were off. One wheel was like 35% turn the other was 75% so its defo worth upgrading the radio to something with more settings. Check the diff fluids as well the factory ones were a little on the thin side...

Have fun and ring her neck ?

Congrats! She's a crazy rig! Ditch the stx2 though its proper laggy and you can't really do much setting wise. I changed radios and my end points for steering were off. One wheel was like 35% turn the other was 75% so its defo worth upgrading the radio to something with more settings. Check the diff fluids as well the factory ones were a little on the thin side...

Have fun and ring her neck ?

First thing I did was get my DX5C setup! End points were way off. No wonder people burn out servos!

I am still learning the diff oil game. Didn’t have sealed filled diffs when I first was in RC! I’m assuming it’s much like tightening or loosening a ball diff.

Last edited:
Congrats, that's why I run brick packs. Never liked stacking and matching packs, more of a PITA for me.

Congrats on new truck ? if you want to disassemble it or change bearings with sealed one...be careful when you unscrew screws, especially the grub screws on wheel hub they have a lot off loctite on it and is reely hard to get it out! you can easely demage screw head. be sure u use some flame torch to heat up screws to loctite finnaly giving up. don't do my mistake. i need to drill out my screws no other option ?

Took it out for some fun and got it wide open. I love this thing!

that steering servo has to go though.
Don't forget that Truggies don't have a great turn rate anyway. Change the front diff oil first see what you think. I changed mine it was proper thin and there was hardly any in.

Don't forget that Truggies don't have a great turn rate anyway. Change the front diff oil first see what you think. I changed mine it was proper thin and there was hardly any in.

I will! Cheaper too! They feel pretty free moving. Any suggested starting points for diff oil weight? Stock is 10,000 correct?

Its trial and error really everyone drives their car differently. I find thicker oils are better and I can control it more. What might be good for me might not be good for you. Check this little guide

Attachments

• 15824512935_13c8f9fb67_b.jpg
    15824512935_13c8f9fb67_b.jpg
    192.8 KB · Views: 52
I was just reading that! I was recalling how it handled and what I want changed.

Last edited:
Did I do this right? First Bash with the Kraton. Only broke the top of the wing?

I’m not an extreme Basher, but man this thing can take some tumbles!

Attachments

• AA6EB99A-F789-42CE-8463-E4FA1B9BE02C.jpeg
    AA6EB99A-F789-42CE-8463-E4FA1B9BE02C.jpeg
    655.4 KB · Views: 60
Did I do this right? First Bash with the Kraton. Only broke the top of the wing?

That’s a proper after shot

Just the top of the wing! I clip wings on every run, and I wish that was all?. Looks like a proper first run for sure???

the new version servo saver is not the best,makes it look as if the servo does not have enough juice. Do the ss mod or swap for the V2 version.

Lighter sway bar in the front helps on steering.

Thanks! I’ll keep that in mind! I keep finding new and different ways to solve some of the nit picks I’ve been experiencing!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back