Kraton Well I've finally bitten the bullet and I'm going to fully rebuild my Kraton...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Primarrma

Very Active Member
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. BigRock 4x4
  2. Infraction
  3. Kraton 8S
  4. Kraton 6s
  5. Talion
  6. Typhon 6s
I've been trying to work out what I'm going to do with my old v3 Kraton, it's over a year old, it's always been maintained, but was starting to get tired. I started ordering parts a few weeks ago for it. They started arriving last week and now that my esc died I thought I better go all out, so here is the canvas.

So the first few things I've done is rebuilt the three diffs, shimmed and new cases. I've replaced the front end, new knuckles and rpm a-arms. I had to replace the radio tray and battery tray after a heavy impact a few weeks ago.

A few things I'd done a while ago are, Voltage Hobbies towers, servo mount and steering rack, GKA chassis braces and rear hinge pin braces. RPM steering rod ends, Tekno shock rod ends and balls.

The next big thing I've got going in is this...

My only reservation is having to remove the rpm wing mount and the shock towers, apparently they have to be stock for it to fit without modification.

I've decided to make a fortified bash vehicle, so it's going to be heavy duty.

Last edited:
Can't wait to see the progress (y) what state are you from? I'm in Melb and it's hard to get the after market bits and if you can get them they cost a fortune.

Can't wait to see the progress (y) what state are you from? I'm in Melb and it's hard to get the after market bits.
I'm in NSW, but nowhere near a hobby shop, I just order everything online, from Aussie shops where I can. What cars have you got? I think this is going to end up pretty sweet.

I'm in NSW, but nowhere near a hobby shop, I just order everything online, from Aussie shops where I can. What cars have you got? I think this is going to end up pretty sweet.
Got a Kraton V3 also, have the standard upgrades atm but like you am looking at more....very addictive.
Keep the pics coming, we all love the look of new parts mounted before they get muddied up :D

It has a slightly different shape to the plastic holder, I thought it would be ok, but when I tightened it all up it, started to bind.
To the top plastic brace/ spur cover that goes between the motor mount and diff brace?

A few more things to add to my build, the gearboxes are just for spares, I've already put shimmed and rebuilt diffs in. I'm looking forward to painting the body shell, not sure what design I'll do, but simple is the key for me, I don't have the skills or patience for complicated.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back