Senton Well my shocks didn’t last at all... Help

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

W1cH0

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Senton 6s
Hello! It’s me again...

So turns out after 10 packs I found my senton today with the suspension arms leaking oil on 3 of the shocks, last 2 bashing sessions I jump it a lot so I’m guessing that’s what makes it leak, to be honest I’m kinda disappointed on the durability because I haven’t drive it that hard, here’s my questions

1: which parts I need to order to rebuild, I’m looking at this but I’m not sure if it will fit both front and rear https://www.arrma-rc.com/part/AR330451

2: if I rebuild them with those original parts will they leak again that soon?

3: I’m not in the us so shipping right now it’s almost impossible due to Holidays so I would be receiving them in first days of February if I’m lucky... can I use it without much oil in them? Or should I just store it until I get the spares?

4: I read that green slime is good for the o-rings and I’m thinking in putting 60W oil for the jumps (40W is the Stock)

thanks for your answer and your time guys

I've tried the green slime on my 3s shocks, didnt really make any difference, they still leaked after a few packs. I didnt replace the orings though, just rebuilt them. I've heard that replacing the 2 small orings and the plastic spacer inside the shocks, with 5 slightly bigger orings is a possible fix, so i'm going to give that a try.

I switched all of mine quickly before trying to fix them, but others have said replace the plastic spacer with more orings as said above cures them. I also wanted threaded bodies, so I opted for 6S shocks. ??‍♂️

Mig
I've tried the green slime on my 3s shocks, didnt really make any difference, they still leaked after a few packs. I didnt replace the orings though, just rebuilt them. I've heard that replacing the 2 small orings and the plastic spacer inside the shocks, with 5 slightly bigger orings is a possible fix, so i'm going to give that a try.
I’ll give it a try, any o-ring I suppose? Also would it hurt to use it like that a month or so? Even if I don’t jump it anymore?
I switched all of mine quickly before trying to fix them, but others have said replace the plastic spacer with more orings as said above cures them. I also wanted threaded bodies, so I opted for 6S shocks. ??‍♂️
I just checked the Senton 6S parts list and there isn’t the shocks ? are they perfect fit or does they need any mods?

Screenshot_20191207-143743.png

If your shocks are leaking just check the oil in them every few runs and top up if needed. It won't hurt anything running them while they leak. Mine have leaked for ages and still send it off big jumps.

^^
I disagree about the green slime i had my diffs leaking out overtime and creating a mess since i used green slime the leakage is gone
I truly belive on the 4s shocks of my kraton they do the job really well and they are big bore and cheap if they start to leak for me im going to try and find new quality orings at my hobbyshop
I wonder if the 6s oraings fit the 4s shock shafts if they have the same thickness
EDIT: the 4s shocks have 4x2mm orings while the 6s shocks have 3.5x1.9mm i think what makes the 3-4s shocks leak is the dimentions of the oring not being tight enough

Last edited:
^^
I disagree about the green slime i had my diffs leaking out overtime and creating a mess since i used green slime the leakage is gone
I truly belive on the 4s shocks of my kraton they do the job really well and they are big bore and cheap if they start to leak for me im going to try and find new quality orings at my hobbyshop
I wonder if the 6s oraings fit the 4s shock shafts if they have the same thickness
EDIT: the 4s shocks have 4x2mm orings while the 6s shocks have 3.5x1.9mm i think what makes the 3-4s shocks leak is the dimentions of the oring not being tight enough
Shoot I’m forgetting this off of the top of my head. For automotive applications back when I took jobs for leaky AC systems, there was a product that swelled up o-rings to get some life out of them. I bet it’d help the stock o rings.

View attachment 58022
If your shocks are leaking just check the oil in them every few runs and top up if needed. It won't hurt anything running them while they leak. Mine have leaked for ages and still send it off big jumps.
That’s the problem I don’t have any shock fluid I’ll check tomorrow if the store where I bought it have any but I doubt it they told me if I needed spares they order them and arrive in 10 days or so

also another thing should I replace the spacer with the o-rings?

Last edited:
Shoot I’m forgetting this off of the top of my head. For automotive applications back when I took jobs for leaky AC systems, there was a product that swelled up o-rings to get some life out of them. I bet it’d help the stock o rings.
I know something to help seal leaky head gaskets on cars but i don't things its what your talking about
Finally received mine and its gorgeous!!
IMG_1270.JPG

So much bigger than i thought and wider.
But my a959 baterry might not be safe to use on this car now
IMG_1271.JPG
IMG_1272.JPG

What should i do

I know something to help seal leaky head gaskets on cars but i don't things its what your talking about
Finally received mine and its gorgeous!!View attachment 58050
So much bigger than i thought and wider.
But my a959 baterry might not be safe to use on this car nowView attachment 58052View attachment 58053
What should i do
Oh yeah, that’s a completely different product (that I really don’t recommend unless the motor is on its way out anyway)

^^
I'm sure green slime helps, just not enough for my original orings in the 3s shocks, whether it's because they are worn or not, and yes I believe the orings just are not right for the 3s shocks.

So i added grease and oil to the diffs took some time and the shocks were overfilled so i removed a bit of oil and now 3 of the shocks are leaking.....
When i first opened them they had a bit of oil on the rod end and top cap but heh
I added a bit of green slime to the shaft and removed the extra so i don't understand whats going on

View attachment 58022

allright so I order green slime, shock oil and the o ring in the dimensions that says in the post, I’m guessing this is the part I have to replace with the extra o-rings?
12AF2E5C-FA46-4628-885C-F6013C1A53E1.jpeg

Get the 6s typhon shocks
They’re out of stock everywhere and where they are available they’re too expensive I order some o-ring to replace the spacers inside as the post suggested above I’ll try apparently they never leak again

New o-rings and Green slime liberally. I put the o rings in a plastic bag with green slime on them, and smoosh them around in the bag. I let them sit a while then install. Green slime is not a band-aid. It works best with newly installed fresh non leaking O-rings. Some say swelled O-rings are good. (creates a tight fit) Some say not because it will cause binding and premature wear. But O-rings will normally swell because they are Silicone and the silicone shock oil impregnates the o rings and swell up. Green slime is a waxy based lube and supposedly protects the o-ring from absorbing the silicone oil. But there are many takes on this. I have also been successful with a commercial thick pure silicone grease on the O-rings. Plumbers use it on water faucet O-rings and stems. No leaking, however sticktion can be an issue on some rigs shocks of certain designs. Like with my Axial Crawler shocks which are known to be leakers out of the box.
I would top off the oil and keep driving till you source a rebuild for the shocks. Sometimes the factory over fills them and oil blows out the seals (caused by hydro-locking) or they have a bad batch of O-rings and you get leakers out of the box. Don't run your shocks dry! Unless you want to replace everything real fast needlessy.

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back