Well that’s a first

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dure16

Premium Member!
Premium Member
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Fireteam
  2. Infraction
  3. Limitless
  4. Kraton EXB
  5. Talion
  6. Typhon 6s
  7. Typhon TLR
I just saw this on Reddit??

1665587093139.png

Hahaha...

I guess YOU haven't seen @LibertyMKiii 's custom hand made Mini dogbones..
I forgot what he called it.. Pinky toes?? Little finger???

Also, @StephenSchandelmayer Has something that he's working on - also custom made - that's going to be quite Impressive and a bit mind blowing for a 4S/3S platform.
Once he showcases it. 😁

(Guess I Need to get off my arzz and hurry up with my custom driveshaft idea too...)

While it looks interesting, I seriously question the durability of a contraption like that. Raz did do something similar to it around two years ago, though he didn't connect it directly to the motor. In his search for center drive shafts that could hold up to the torque and power of a dual motor build back when there weren't many people doing it yet, he tried using u-joints for his center drive shafts. Needless to say (but I'll do it anyways) this didn't even last for one pass.
1665587939506.png

While it looks interesting, I seriously question the durability of a contraption like that. Raz did do something similar to it around two years ago, though he didn't connect it directly to the motor.

He did it a few months ago with his 5ive build but I think the end result (aside from the crash) was that it wasn't worth it:

raz.jpg

He did it a few months ago with his 5ive build but I think the end result (aside from the crash) was that it wasn't worth it:

View attachment 249663
It's similar, yes. I think this construction is going to be more durable than the u-joints. This is not unlike KT's first high speed build with the two TP motors inline connected to the diff inputs. Except that KT didn't use dog bones of any kind.

I guess I was more focused on the use of u-joints and not motors connected directly to the diffs.

It's similar, yes. I think this construction is going to be more durable than the u-joints. This is not unlike KT's first high speed build with the two TP motors inline connected to the diff inputs. Except that KT didn't use dog bones of any kind.

I guess I was more focused on the use of u-joints and not motors connected directly to the diffs.

Gotcha - I focused on the direct connection to the motor since nuance just flew over my head. :)

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back