Outcast Well...that didnt take long. ESC toast

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HZRDOS

Very Active Member
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 4s
  2. Outcast 4s
  3. Outcast EXB
  4. Talion EXB
Well...lasted 4 days. Firma ESC in my new OC EXB died earlier. Noticed a little hesitation like a blip when I was accelerating earlier during my run. At the end it started to cog really bad, then quit going. Still has steering. Switched batteries, tried a few times. No startup beeps or sequence, and LED barely flickers a faint green. Steering works fine, no throttle. Tried to hold set button, and nothing. Had a faint red LED flicker, could barely see it. Plugged into spare motor, same thing.

Well crap. Will go through warranty claim...but just ordered a max6 1650 combo like the one in my Kraton. Going to be a beast with that!!

Man that sucks especially when you just start to use it and get to bash the new rig first couple times. Not a big fan of Spektrum at all but only things I've had take a dump on me have been motors. Surprisingly have 2 firma 150A and not a single issue also run 3 or 4 S652 servos and an S651 still going strong. Constantly have issues with recievers though, almost every time I turn a rig on it doesn't connect properly with the SLT3 so have to turn transmitter off and back on then it connects usually.

I'm gonna miss the old BLX 185's. I'm down to my last two now as I've destroyed many in the hunt for top speed. Most were bought from Jennys in an effort to save money, but it looks like I'll be going name brand from here on in. I can't see myself buying Spectrum for any electronics.

So weird I have had the same one for the last 7 months.
Yeah. Never had an issue with the one on my Typhon. Kept the factory thermal protection set the same. Maybe there was an issue and it overheated, but did not go into thermal shutdown?
I smelled an electrical issue when I first picked it up after it died. I was running it hard. Back to back wheelies, full speed runs, etc. But it did start to have a strange short "blip" hesitation in the middle of the run. When I would hit the throttle, it would go...then a quick hesitation...then go.
You know - I was bummed. I submitted an email to warranty claims.....BUT - I am not sad that I will be installing a max6 1650 combo. lol.

Well - that takes care of this issue.

1627995363063.png

1627995379250.png

Man that sucks especially when you just start to use it and get to bash the new rig first couple times. Not a big fan of Spektrum at all but only things I've had take a dump on me have been motors. Surprisingly have 2 firma 150A and not a single issue also run 3 or 4 S652 servos and an S651 still going strong. Constantly have issues with recievers though, almost every time I turn a rig on it doesn't connect properly with the SLT3 so have to turn transmitter off and back on then it connects usually.
I hear you!!
I have blown 4 ESC’s in 1 year. Last one was a full fire,
I now run the mamba x and castle motor, 6 fans and temperature telemetry to a Futaba PM4 transmitter. When motor gets hot at 55oC on the transmitter it alarms, then I let it rest. No problem now for 6 months!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back