Felony Well !! That escalated Quickly!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Tanked another servo …..
Has anyone used this one ?
Is it any good?
Any other recommendations for bashing steering servo….
The Cheap Amazon 25kg actually lasted quite a while…..
Just checking my options

6A02379D-A60C-48B9-83E0-9083444B7DEE.jpeg

Looked at them but not for Infraction, this has too much power and would be a waste. You want to be in the 15-25kg range.
It's an ok brand and for an 1/5 Kraton would be a good pick. It's fairly fast, which makes it interesting for 1/8 as well.

Curious….
Why wouldn’t I want a “fast” servo for my “Felonaction” ???
I agree with @jkflow I did get a fast servo for the Infraction way overpowered and can be set at 8v. I put it at 6v. For me I am bashing it I do not need an instant fast turn while drifting it. The steering was too fast and control was not good due to the servo speed. So fast I was turning the tx knob with my fingertips. I put it at 6v and there I can have the steady, slower easy turn I need for drifting, When you are power sliding all you need is a still steer and if it is too fast you will spin out your turn. An infraction has enough power to flip that rear end around without a lot of steering turn.

This was me and my answer I found too fast was not good for a drift basher

You don't really want to drift with an Infraction. Tires are too expensive.
Turn off AVC and learn to control the throttle.
Drift cars have very hard and slick tires on a hard surface. Actually quite boring imho, but whatever floats your boat. It does take skill.

Drift cars have very hard and slick tires on a hard surface. Actually quite boring imho, but whatever floats your boat. It does take skill.
I'm definitely starting to realize tires play a huge role. The new grp's I got with soft medium compound have too much grip it seems like. But the 1/5th scale grps I have on my mojave are "endurance medium" whatever that means. They're much harder though and have like zero grip so driving on them is almost like being on ice or something lol. Definitely make my mojave feel like the only rig I can drift on consistently. :ROFLMAO:

Tanked another servo …..
Has anyone used this one ?
Is it any good?
Any other recommendations for bashing steering servo….
The Cheap Amazon 25kg actually lasted quite a while…..
Just checking my options

View attachment 212566
Like you said, in my experience the DSS servos on Amazon seem to last as well as any of them for the most part. Lots of very strong opinions out there. If you want to spend money, the AGF-RC units are great. Reefs have a loyal following for twice as much money which is funny because they’re rebranded AGR units. Or more technically, they are the same product made in the same factory and branded differently. I’m partial to the ProModeler servos. Fly guys use them a lot, but most surface guys have never heard of them. Made by a defense contractor in Florida who supplies the servos for US military drones, so they meet several Mil-spec standards. Possibly the best servos made. If you want to learn more than you ever wished to know about servos, check out his website and read his tech stuff. They’re quite affordable as well, until you get into his big stuff. If you’re interested, it’s here. https://www.promodeler.com/
If you’re not, I’d still recommend his servos. And I agree, nobody wants a blazing fast servo in a wicked fast street car, whether you’re drifting or not. Better to have a little more torque than you need with a slower servo.
The one you were looking at isn’t too fast at all, but it’s way bigger than what you need for an Infraction or Felony.
25kg is already 55 pounds, significantly heavier than your car. If you think of that little motor providing 55 pounds of force (even on the slightly optimistically rated Amazon units) it’s pretty crazy, right?

Last edited:
Thanks Dan
Appreciate your input !
I’ve seen the Reefs servos …..
But man that’s the cost of a new set of hoons !!!! Lol
Thanks again…..
I mean ……
I really wanna drift my Felonaction !!!!
😁😁😁

Thanks Dan
Appreciate your input !
I’ve seen the Reefs servos …..
But man that’s the cost of a new set of hoons !!!! Lol
Thanks again…..
I know, right? They get simply stupid money for those things, and let’s face it, we all need another set of Hoons any minute now! I do like the ProModeler offerings, but it’s really hard to argue with a $20.00-$30.00 Amazon job that will be in your mailbox tomorrow or the next day and perform/last on par with much pricier units, IMO.

I'm definitely starting to realize tires play a huge role. The new grp's I got with soft medium compound have too much grip it seems like. But the 1/5th scale grps I have on my mojave are "endurance medium" whatever that means. They're much harder though and have like zero grip so driving on them is almost like being on ice or something lol. Definitely make my mojave feel like the only rig I can drift on consistently. :ROFLMAO:

Must admit @jkflow is right on the tires. Seeing I have all adult children I have funds to waste on tires. Drifting the Infraction (if into that) has its own thrill. I'm not talking about that BS drift...really mean using an entire empty mall lot and drifting it in large ovals, around islands, and shooting it straight full speed into another cool ripping sweeping turn. Rich Duperdash did it on one of his videos on exactly how I do it...full throttle drift rips. My hands are shaking and sweaty when done....so easy to lose control if not really focused at those speeds even in open space. I learned the hard way before my skills came in.

Yes...rear tires are done after a 6S run and I move the fronts to the rear. Then a new set on the front. I keep that up for about 2-3 packs. They all are right tires do not last in the manner I am doing it. My cost on that but due to corp travel I only get to bash the Infraction once a month twice if lucky so not as if I am doing that daily or weekly. Keeps a mid-aged man's heart pumping for sure!

Best of luck if bashing or speedrunning. In my example above, it never fails to get the attention of many parked cars watching while I am out. Just don't see an RC move like that for most people. Yeah... I give them something to remember...means more tire loss in the side drifts.
I mean ……
I really wanna drift my Felonaction !!!!
😁😁😁

Like Nike...just do it!
35 kg too fast ?
Or stick with the 25 kg ?

Go with the 35kg because like the Amazon DS3235 you will not truly get a full 35kg but it will be more than enough. You do want the torque to be able to turn the tire on any surface even under the drift force so stay with 35kg as a min for the Felony... my $0.02

Last edited:
35 kg too fast ?
Or stick with the 25 kg ?
Somehow I didn’t process your post correctly before I responded.
Kg rating does not equal speed. Quite the opposite. Say you have a manufacturer that uses MotorX in a particular line of servos. The gear reduction in the servo is what determines speed or force. He can use the same motor, same case, same pots, and market one that is 35kg force with a speed of 0.17@60° of range. Then he can change the gears in the same servo and market it as 25Kg with a speed of 0.09@60° of range, which is much faster, but with less force. So if you’re looking at the same manufacturer and trying to choose which to buy within a given range, the higher the strength or force of the servo (rated in Kg or oz/in) the lower the speed will be. The faster the servo is (and the lower the number, the faster it is, e.g. 0.04 is stupid fast compared to 0.17 at 60° of motion, which is kind of average) the more the torque drops, given that the servo motor is the same. So when you shop for a servo, look at both numbers. I usually try to stay in the neighborhood of 30kg of force with a given speed of roughly 0.10, give or take, for a surface basher servo. *NOTE: the guys that actually race their perfectly geared, meticulously set up and artfully balanced buggies will yell at me for giving this advice, as they typically like faster servos in general, but for bashing I personally find that the above formula works for pretty much anything in the 1/10 to 1/7 scale range.
Sorry for the rather wordy response, I hope I conveyed this clearly but sometimes I have issues…

Just threw another 35kg servo in er and installed the factory felony rear diff back in er ….
Havnt tried it like that since my GRP binge….
IMO, makes no difference wether HOONS or GRPs it handles better with the taller gear in front .
Goes where I want it ..
Shoots straight.
Need to try another set of hoons as I Havnt used them since the addition of GPM aluminum craziness.
I don’t see myself putting the infraction diff back in the rear
Just my 13 cents!!

Ordered me another set of S7 tires and finally had some time to break her down again to service diffs
Found this in the front
I messed up somehow?
Maybe had a shim on wrong side?
Idk it was late and didn’t look into it too much but shavings in the diff housing isn’t correct!!
CB49A11B-725C-4147-A16D-9E664F632081.jpeg
6CD7B324-71E7-49FF-AED6-FB83FC464C4F.jpeg

Ordered me another set of S7 tires and finally had some time to break her down again to service diffs
Found this in the front
I messed up somehow?
Maybe had a shim on wrong side?
Idk it was late and didn’t look into it too much but shavings in the diff housing isn’t correct!!
View attachment 227643View attachment 227644
Hmm ya that's not suppose to happen.

Gotter back together!!!!
It’s 100 deg out but I still gripped and ripped !!!!
On another note …..
I seen these on “wish”
I realize they are probably not very tolerance right !
But compared to 60 or 80 bucks !!!
Ima order at least one and see how /if they will work !!!
If not it’s a housing!!!
Pretty sure I can make em work !!!!
0887092E-CA07-4E50-A2EC-3A5AA02C3F52.png
985F9A4B-16E3-41DB-9C97-98DDB4070A52.png

And !!! They are RED !!! 😎😀

Back