Felony Well !! That escalated Quickly!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Pretty easy - the man is looking at high performing "high c rated" batteries, so I told him to go look where a bunch of people have a whole boat load of data on battery performance
Sorry, I must have missed where you told him to do that. My bad.

I hate fed ex !!!!
Just saying…
So for anyone following this pretty long build thread ….
You may understand my build purpose!
I like to call it “shock and Awe”
I want spinning tires when I want then to spin in the direction I want !!!
With incoming TP motor what pinion gear size / tooth count am I looking at ?
Not speed running!!!!
But 90mph should be normal correct?

I hate fed ex !!!!
Just saying…
So for anyone following this pretty long build thread ….
You may understand my build purpose!
I like to call it “shock and Awe”
I want spinning tires when I want then to spin in the direction I want !!!
With incoming TP motor what pinion gear size / tooth count am I looking at ?
Not speed running!!!!
But 90mph should be normal correct?
Could you remind me again what motor you're getting (KV needed) and how many cells you intend to run on? Then I can give you something to work from.

To 5860 1440 kv
6s and 8s
Mostly 8s I’m sure !!! :)
On 6S go with a 34/46 gearing (pinion/spur) and on 8S go with a 25/46 gearing. That should get you in the 90mph ballpark. I went in on the assumption that you're running the stock center diff. If you're running something different, this is the speed calculator I use. Just punch in the values I did and just alter the pinion and spur tooth numbers to play around. I calculated KV at 90% of 1440KV to account for load and 3.8V per cell for the same reason. If you have any questions, hit me back. :)
https://scriptasylum.com/rc_speed/top_speed.html

This is for 6S
1668479655809.png

This is for 8S
1668479787644.png

Thanks dood
I ordered a 27 and 34 just to get started
Interesting how the theoretical speed is faster on 6s ..
Anytime. Those should do you well. The 27T should put you just over 100mph on 8S. Just to be clear, if this is going to be for bashing around, make sure you have an adequate cooling solution planned for the motor. These gearings are bound to run warm/hot.

Oh ima make sure it runs hot !!!!
Thanks dude greatly appreciate you guys !
I think 🤔
So speaking of cooling….
What’s a good fan setup for this motor?

Oh ima make sure it runs hot !!!!
Thanks dude greatly appreciate you guys !
I think 🤔
So speaking of cooling….
What’s a good fan setup for this motor?
Pick up one of these motor fan mounts and I'd recommend getting two 40x40x28mm server fans.
https://www.islandhobbynut.com/prod...inum-56-58mm-dia-motor-mount-40mm-twister-fan
1668511560650.png

Powerhobby makes dual 40mm fan configs but they're a bit on the pricey side. They can be had for quite a bit cheaper. I use www.digikey.com as a source for fans. The site is a bit cumbersome to filter through at first, though. You can find them at Amazon and tons of other places too though, but that will probably require a little bit of low grade soldering. If money is no object and you just want a one-stop fix, they sell the Powerhobby fans at IHN as well. They're already outfitted with a 3S balance connector and switch. They do come in different colors too if that's important to you.
https://www.islandhobbynut.com/prod...twin-dual-40mm-1-8-1-5-motor-aluminum-cooling
1668511543928.png

Yes, the car will sound like it's about to lift off, but this kind of setup is about as good as it gets for cooling a motor.

So, if I do some reverse engineering, my fans are rated @1.95A and spin at 27,000rpm on 12V. So at 0.66A you're probably looking at somewhere around 10-12,000rpm, if I had to guess. So I'd say they should provide adequate but not excessive cooling (should be a fair bit quieter though). Mine sound like the car is about to start levitating. lol...

I recently got this set and I can’t believe what you get for the price, wired and with an on/off switch. They are 20k rpm fans 8-12v

DKKY RC Motor Heatsink Cooling Fan with 47-51mm Adjustable Mount, 21000 RPM High Speed 4028 Cooling Dual Fans for TRAXXAS 1717 4985 Motor and ARRMA Infraction, Felony, Limitless and Axial Motor Red https://a.co/d/b5cxLeo

If you don’t want the side mount they have the same set of fans without the mount for 20 bucks.

DKKY 1/10 1/8 1/5 RC Model Car Brushed Brushless Motor Heatsink 4028 High Speed Cooling Fan Dual Fans 12V Aluminum Fan Cover DIY Kits for TRAXXAS ARRMA Axial RC Car Upgrade Parts (Black) https://a.co/d/4XghAIY

28645C24-714F-4EC1-819B-6DD8C1D8ED55.png

570BA763-4AA7-49AA-AE87-DF6FED74C26E.png

Yes …. Those look mo better…
I ordered the PH mount yesterday evening, luckily I hadn’t ordered fans yet ….
Just pulled the trigger on DKKY fans in of course red for color coordination !😂
Hopefully only a few small parts left …an XLX2
& I’m seriously considering the solid aluminum chassis from just bash it !!!

At this rate I should have a D vorce by Christmas!!!! Woooooo!!!!!

Back