Felony Well !! That escalated Quickly!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Meh….
We can always use more power @Diem Turner
But i guess this lil hobby motor will have to suffice for now .
Until next build ,,,, !!!!
ima fab up a 220 v motor on an old riding mower chassis with the boys 6inch go cart slicks all the way around!!!!
I’ll call it FELONCRASHIN!
Hell that’s a solid idea actually!!!!!
Boys will wanna ride /drive it tho ….
Hmmmmm ??????
Thanks dude
That’s what I need , more ideas / projects!!!!
Lol
Seriously tho it’s got plenty of power for now .
😁

Meh….
We can always use more power @Diem Turner
But i guess this lil hobby motor will have to suffice for now .
Until next build ,,,, !!!!
ima fab up a 220 v motor on an old riding mower chassis with the boys 6inch go cart slicks all the way around!!!!
I’ll call it FELONCRASHIN!
Hell that’s a solid idea actually!!!!!
Boys will wanna ride /drive it tho ….
Hmmmmm ??????
Thanks dude
That’s what I need , more ideas / projects!!!!
Lol
Seriously tho it’s got plenty of power for now .
😁
Wait, I thought this was Ron Burgandy and not Jeremy Clarkson?

Combination of Ron, Jeremy, Pastrana, and Steve O from jackass.
Notice there is a comma In between Ron and Jeremy !
😆😆😆
Had you not gone the extra mile and pointed it out, I would have let five be even and continued the Ron Burgandy charade but, you kinda gave yourself away with that one.
beat off ron jeremy GIF by CAPITALWASTE

Ok …..
I may have made an error … ??
I decided it’s time to service front and rear diffs as all I’ve done is beat da chit out of her ….
Started with rear .
When I removed the diff I see GP6 on the rear diff …
I said to myself , “self .., I could have swore I put new GP5 diff in rear “ ?
Obviously not .
Anyhoo….
Now !! I have new GP5 with 50k in rear , in the Aluminum diff case , with new , FF &FR aluminum hinge pin retainer dealys….
Not sure how I got that mixed ….
But that could attribute to the rears blowing out and wearing considerably more than fronts . ???
Idk
Now that at least rear is tore apart ima do a shock rebuild…
Which I’ve never done .
Considering using heavier weight shock oil all the way around????
Thoughts
Ideas
Meaning of life !

Ok …..
I may have made an error … ??
I decided it’s time to service front and rear diffs as all I’ve done is beat da chit out of her ….
Started with rear .
When I removed the diff I see GP6 on the rear diff …
I said to myself , “self .., I could have swore I put new GP5 diff in rear “ ?
Obviously not .
Anyhoo….
Now !! I have new GP5 with 50k in rear , in the Aluminum diff case , with new , FF &FR aluminum hinge pin retainer dealys….
Not sure how I got that mixed ….
But that could attribute to the rears blowing out and wearing considerably more than fronts . ???
Idk
Now that at least rear is tore apart ima do a shock rebuild…
Which I’ve never done .
Considering using heavier weight shock oil all the way around????
Thoughts
Ideas
Meaning of life !
If you were running a GP5 and GP6 with four same sized tires, this could quite conceivably explain possible...ahem, uneven tire wear. But you got that sorted so let's move on.

I'll start by asking: what are you hoping to accomplish by running heavier shock oil? Or, asked another way, what behavior are you currently observing in the car that you believe heavier shock oil might be the answer to?
Don't put in heavier oil just for the sake of putting in heavier oil. You change oil viscosities to address issues in the behavior of the car or to compensate for surface conditions that are different from where you normally run.

It’s extremely “bouncy” acts as if shocks are not “dampening” and just bouncing on springs .
A simple shock oil service , adding new oil same weight might fix said “bouncy” issue ????
Me not know ?
I’d have to geter back up and running to show a hopeful video of my bouncy dislike.

It’s extremely “bouncy” acts as if shocks are not “dampening” and just bouncing on springs .
A simple shock oil service , adding new oil same weight might fix said “bouncy” issue ????
Me not know ?
I’d have to geter back up and running to show a hopeful video of my bouncy dislike.
Sorry if this is a stupid question and I don't mean anything by it but...have you taken a peak inside the shocks to see if there's fluid in there? I never had any bounce issue with the stock shock fluid in my Infraction. I just thought it might be worth asking. :)

But if there's fluid in there, then your thinking is correct and some heavier fluid should help with the damping on the rebound.

Pfffffffff
You forget who your talking to ?
Heck no I havnt checked to see if there is fluid in shocks !!!
But will definitely asap
Having said that
I’ve not “noticed” any obvious leaks from shocks either…
But will check and report back
🔨

Pfffffffff
You forget who your talking to ?
Heck no I havnt checked to see if there is fluid in shocks !!!
But will definitely asap
Having said that
I’ve not “noticed” any obvious leaks from shocks either…
But will check and report back
🔨
I've never had a shock leak on my Infraction. Not even a drop or residual film in the bottom of my shock cup. Those are pretty decent shocks in my book. So either your shocks are like mine....or there ain't no fluid in them which would explain both why you've not noticed any leaks AND why she's all bouncy. :LOL:

DOOOOOOOH!!!!!
Aluminum sway bar holder downers !!!!
Shweeeeeet !!!!!
7E5C5055-9CB4-4E1E-B827-47CE9F0CB4FE.jpeg

And
Is this bad ???
14DDC83F-6165-4121-AD8D-E95799FAA99A.jpeg

Upper hinge pin retainer and Ackerman steering plate dealy are frickin broke …
Ackerman plate is broke in half ????
Both parts are original felony parts ….
So they have seen “some” abuse 🤫
I was just getting her lined out too ….
Had suspension stupid close to where it needs to be
Lucky this didn’t happen at speed !!

DOOOOOOOH!!!!!
Aluminum sway bar holder downers !!!!
Shweeeeeet !!!!! View attachment 283176
And
Is this bad ???
View attachment 283177
Upper hinge pin retainer and Ackerman steering plate dealy are frickin broke …
Ackerman plate is broke in half ????
Both parts are original felony parts ….
So they have seen “some” abuse 🤫
I was just getting her lined out too ….
Had suspension stupid close to where it needs to be
Lucky this didn’t happen at speed !!
I’ve got a few. Pm me. I’ll send you a Ackerman. I’ll have to check on hinge pin holder…

I just read all 30 pages of this thread...this is the most entertaining and informative thread I've ever come across. Thanks to everyone that participated!!!
Yes, it’s a good one for sure. This is a nice community of folks here. Nicest forum I’ve ever been on for sure.

Slow day on da farm today due to rain so I’ve had some time in shop ….
Brought “FELONACTION” into shop to mess with on my breaks!! 🤫
Installed new aluminum servo saver and Ackerman arm , as well as the ever so shiny aluminum sway bar dealys….
While I have it apart, “again” …
I said to myself,
“self” ….
You should service diffs while you’re in here !
We all agreed! 😝
It’s come to my attention that the weak (est) link in this build IMO is the frickin diffs…
I now realize that they are taking a substantial beating especially with my driving style!
The bolts on center diff were loose , like prolly coming real close to if not “rubbing” PPS mount .
I’m a natural overtightener, didn’t really wanna use loctite on aluminum diff housing cause I always strip the freaking hex tryin to get em loose…
But if I don’t loctite em they back out and fling frickin 500k oil all over my once shiny FELONACTION….
So I end up with basically no oil in diffs which of course defeats the purpose of the frikin diffs ….
I’m torn …
I can get the rig to do what I want when everything is fresh and new ….
Like literally all 3 diffs new with my prescribed diff oils …
But if I’m lucky I’ll get 2 full runs without something, usually diffs petering out ….
Just talking out loud here people….
I find it hard to believe no one makes “better” diffs ??
IMO I don’t ever see the factory diffs in aluminum housings ever holding up to this lil motor ..?
Maybe I’m doin diffs incorrectly?
Maybe I’m TOO HARD on the car ?
Pffff….
Maybe I should switch Back to hoons or choons cause GRPs actually grip and rip ????
Choons will just spin …

But choons don’t leve black marks like GRPs !!!
Damit !!!!!

C64EC496-2EDF-4355-98CA-CB05783313B0.jpeg
C64EC496-2EDF-4355-98CA-CB05783313B0.jpeg

Slow day on da farm today due to rain so I’ve had some time in shop ….
Brought “FELONACTION” into shop to mess with on my breaks!! 🤫
Installed new aluminum servo saver and Ackerman arm , as well as the ever so shiny aluminum sway bar dealys….
While I have it apart, “again” …
I said to myself,
“self” ….
You should service diffs while you’re in here !
We all agreed! 😝
It’s come to my attention that the weak (est) link in this build IMO is the frickin diffs…
I now realize that they are taking a substantial beating especially with my driving style!
The bolts on center diff were loose , like prolly coming real close to if not “rubbing” PPS mount .
I’m a natural overtightener, didn’t really wanna use loctite on aluminum diff housing cause I always strip the freaking hex tryin to get em loose…
But if I don’t loctite em they back out and fling frickin 500k oil all over my once shiny FELONACTION….
So I end up with basically no oil in diffs which of course defeats the purpose of the frikin diffs ….
I’m torn …
I can get the rig to do what I want when everything is fresh and new ….
Like literally all 3 diffs new with my prescribed diff oils …
But if I’m lucky I’ll get 2 full runs without something, usually diffs petering out ….
Just talking out loud here people….
I find it hard to believe no one makes “better” diffs ??
IMO I don’t ever see the factory diffs in aluminum housings ever holding up to this lil motor ..?
Maybe I’m doin diffs incorrectly?
Maybe I’m TOO HARD on the car ?
Pffff….
Maybe I should switch Back to hoons or choons cause GRPs actually grip and rip ????
Choons will just spin …

But choons don’t leve black marks like GRPs !!!
Damit !!!!!

View attachment 284400View attachment 284400
I've never had issues with the stock diffs. To be fair, however, I never did any street bashing with a monster motor like what you're using. By the time I was buying more powerful motors I was already on my speed running trajectory so, I'm sure that's a difference that shouldn't be underestimated. Since you're using aluminum diff housings, I do think a dab of some low grade Loctite would be a good move to prevent the screws from backing out. Something like Loctite 242 should work well. I hear you on the overtightening...It's something I struggle with as well. But using a little threadlocker and just snugging up the screws lightly should do the trick. Should you find that the screw is a bit stubborn when trying to remove it, don't force it, heat it up a little with a torch and give it another go.

I've never had issues with the stock diffs. To be fair, however, I never did any street bashing with a monster motor like what you're using. By the time I was buying more powerful motors I was already on my speed running trajectory so, I'm sure that's a difference that shouldn't be underestimated. Since you're using aluminum diff housings, I do think a dab of some low grade Loctite would be a good move to prevent the screws from backing out. Something like Loctite 242 should work well. I hear you on the overtightening...It's something I struggle with as well. But using a little threadlocker and just snugging up the screws lightly should do the trick. Should you find that the screw is a bit stubborn when trying to remove it, don't force it, heat it up a little with a torch and give it another go.
Yeah, what this guy said. ☝️ Jesus Harold Christ @Ron Burgandy, use some freaking thread lock! And clean the mating gasket surfaces with alcohol (NOT Tito’s, just drink that) before assembly to get the silicon off and to achieve a proper seal.
Your Felonaction will thank you, and will keep his (hers?) loins free of extraneous diff fluid.

Back