Felony Well !! That escalated Quickly!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No this servo is just fine. Stock is a 15kg for Infraction. Using a 23kg myself now. You would need a 1/5 type servo for the bigger off-road rigs with big tires but not the Infraction. It will fit and work better than stock.

No this servo is just fine. Stock is a 15kg for Infraction. Using a 23kg myself now. You would need a 1/5 type servo for the bigger off-road rigs with big tires but not the Infraction. It will fit and work better than stock.
Oh Crapola! I thought I was still on the Kraton 1/5 EXB thread! You are absolutely right. My mistake...all these chrome notifications! I wish we had an app.

I ordered 2 of these Zee 3s 100c 8000mah lipos for Felony :)
https://www.amazon.com/Zeee-Battery...battery&qid=1616328825&sprefix=zeee+3S&sr=8-4
Is that too much of a c rating?
Doesn’t matter ima run em :)
Still waiting on servo
Haven’t ran it in a month of sundays !
Uhg
Also getting some 100k diff fluid for center
Whatsa recommended camber or alignment gauge ? I’ve seen some one mention them but have zero experience with them
Any input would be great !
1616330223339.gif

Last edited:
Installed the new servo this morning
Had an issue with the AVC operating the opposite direction at first ....
after a rebind and calibrate was able to get that fixed !!!! Then lost the set screw out of the motor gear !!!!
Replaced and blue loctite a new set screw for a 2nd run and noticed the motor seems loose ??? The top two bolts appear to be tight but there is definitely some movement in the motor when I try to jiggle the end of the can ?
havnt looked much farther into it
But
Geeeeeeeez !!!!!!
Other than that it’s perfect!!! 😁
Still waiting on new batteries to show up
!
Wooooo hoooo

How about actually checking the motor mount screws and not just the screws that hold the sliding plate? 🤷‍♂️
Loctitie on old loctite will not hold, make sure you clean out the pinion threads. I use a tap but you can use a normal screws, q-tip and alcohol as well. Let it cure for 24h.

Last edited:
Lol
I used a new set screw with some new loctite
Most likely motor mount bolts
But won’t be able to mess with it for a few days
So hopefully my new batteries come in by the time I’m able to mess with it again!

Curious???
What position or mounting is most commonly used for rear turnbuckle on shock tower of the Felony ?
what hole ?
Mine is on the lowest or bottom inside mounting hole ?
If that makes sense
Just curious as to what everyone else might be doing in regards to rear turnbuckles ?

^^^@Spider978 NO. Standard servos fine for 1/7 scale. I saw your correction. Thought this was a 1/5 scale thread and all.

No ?
No thank you ?
Oh heavens NO ?
Can you elaborate please?
Also
While I’m on here
I just received my firma ESC programmer !
Wooo Hoooo
What’s the general opinion for grip it and rip it settings ...
like punch setting
Brake percentage?
so on !
Any input would be greatly appreciated

Last edited:
Well
With the combination of the new Zee 8000mah / 100c batteries, center diff at 100k front at 30k rear at 50k , and punch at #7
I fell like it GETS IT much better!!!!
Hard to tell exact statistical improvement, but that sucker does in fact GET IT !
I enjoy it
But man !!! Keeping tires on it sucks !!!

Well
With the combination of the new Zee 8000mah / 100c batteries, center diff at 100k front at 30k rear at 50k , and punch at #7
I fell like it GETS IT much better!!!!
Hard to tell exact statistical improvement, but that sucker does in fact GET IT !
I enjoy it
But man !!! Keeping tires on it sucks !!!

Let me know how those 8000mah work. I have 5500 mah and the entire time I bash I run out of juice so I think for the Felony/Infraction I would like an 8000mah just for them for all my full-throttle drifting....

Keep us in the loop to see how your run time is...
Finally got some 100k diff fluid for center diff
Prolly gonna need new tires again 😁

I have not even bothered to touch the Felony as the loose back end really frustrates me....so decided to make it a summer RC only. It is getting warmer so it was not so bad when the asphalt was hot and tires gripped better. I Will not use it in the winter... The infraction will be the all-year bash/speed rig.
Curious???
What position or mounting is most commonly used for rear turnbuckle on shock tower of the Felony ?
what hole ?
Mine is on the lowest or bottom inside mounting hole ?
If that makes sense
Just curious as to what everyone else might be doing in regards to rear turnbuckles ?

Here is a pic of mine...stock position on the felony for the rear

IMG_20201218_231015.jpg

Last edited:
@parcou
Thank you for response
It looks as if your rear turnbuckle is on the lowest hole on the shock tower . Kinda hard to tell actually (old eyes) ....
Will definitely try to get an estimated runtime , I can say since the new 8000mah batteries I havnt run it to LVC yet
Tending to youngens RCs sometimes lol cuts my runtime down substantially!
Put a fresh set of tires on it yesterday
So I’ll hopefully get a “full run” on her soon!
I already notice a substantial difference in the vehicle going from 5000 mah 50 C to 8000 mah 100c
I could run it to LVC in 10 mins on the 5000 mah batteries, that IS NOT the case with the new 8000 mah batteries !
Thanks again

@parcou
Thank you for response
It looks as if your rear turnbuckle is on the lowest hole on the shock tower . Kinda hard to tell actually (old eyes) ....
Will definitely try to get an estimated runtime , I can say since the new 8000mah batteries I havnt run it to LVC yet
Tending to youngens RCs sometimes lol cuts my runtime down substantially!
Put a fresh set of tires on it yesterday
So I’ll hopefully get a “full run” on her soon!
I already notice a substantial difference in the vehicle going from 5000 mah 50 C to 8000 mah 100c
I could run it to LVC in 10 mins on the 5000 mah batteries, that IS NOT the case with the new 8000 mah batteries !
Thanks again

NP...it is in the top. Starting from the outside...it is in the top inside whole closest to the center.

Screen Shot 2021-03-29 at 11.08.12 AM.png

Roughly 24 mins till LVC
AND when I brought it in the fan on the motor wasn’t working AGAIN!!!
Needless to say she was HOT !!!
Prolly too hot !
prolly way too hot !!!!
Hopefully it didn’t fry the motor !!

Uhg this thing is frustrating but addictive!!!
I know what I want it to do but my lack of RC tuning knowledge is lacking !!!!
Sigh
I’m not a quitter tho !!!
If there is one thing I’ve learned it’s
Combat Carl never gives up
Combat Carl always finds a way !

1617416863903.gif

Installed some fans (that work) on the motor
Hopefully that will keep motor cool !
Changed center (100k) and rear (50k) diff fluids , ran out of time to do front but was considering some 7000 in front just to see what it drives like !
Still having fun with it for sure !

9E158256-C0FA-40D6-A260-F38879B8C6C9.jpeg

54E085DD-3B6B-457D-B7C3-459C924041AB.jpeg

Back