Felony Well !! That escalated Quickly!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
you said stock !!! Lololololol
It’s completely against my code of hot rodness to run stock anything!! 😎
I feel as if I
“Need more power” !!!
What about castle line up of 6s ?
what is their most redamdiculous 6s motor and ESC combo ?

Forever MO POWA BABEH!!!!!
200.gif

Would this work in the ol Felony ?
anyone used it in infraction or the like ?
MAMBA MONSTER X 8S, 33.6V ESC W/1717-1260KV

any input would be great
Thank you
Would still run 6s batts
Well …..
At least for a little bit !!!! Lol

Will it work, sure but will be slow at 1260kV.
Stock is 2200 (I think), so you will have roughly half the RPM.

6*4*2200 = ~52000 rpm ( I think it tops out at 45k or its a 2050kV motor)
6*4*1260 = 30000rpm
8S*4V*1260=40000

You will have to up your pinion to get back to stock or go above.
It will run a lot cooler though due to efficiency, even when back in stock range.

Heck no, more kV = more heat and less power.
You do want the lower kV but you have to up your pinion to compensate.
I suggest you stick with a ~1600kV motor, that gets you to roughly a 30T pinion max, which I believe is the largest that will fit. Don't hold me to the 30T, no idea what the max is that will fit without changing the motor mount 🤪

Heck no, more kV = more heat and less power.
You do want the lower kV but you have to up your pinion to compensate.
I suggest you stick with a ~1600kV motor, that gets you to roughly a 30T pinion max, which I believe is the largest that will fit. Don't hold me to the 30T, no idea what the max is that will fit without changing the motor mount 🤪
Stock motor mount will hold a total tooth count of 73-75! I’m running 73 on stock mount now and almost maxed out. Most are using smaller spur gears and huge pinions!🤷🏻‍♂️

The thicker and longer the motor (max watts of the motor) = "Mo powa"
Kv only indirectly affects power as it determined by the windings. Seen from the same can size, kv is like the electric gearing inside the motor.
Low kv might force you to run higher voltage. Ideally you want to reach the max rpm of the motor spec when spinning freely to get the most out of the motor (efficiency)

In general (assuming 50k rpm as a target, which is not true for all motors)
4S 2400-3000kv
6S 1900-2300kv
8S 1100-1700kv
You can deviate from these ranges but you'll have to compensate by pinions and spurs(spool or diff) to a point that it just won't fit anymore.

The felony has a weird front/rear diff/wheel setup, which is perfectly fine until your tire wear sets in. For this reason it's best to keep running a center diff and not a spool(which will allow smaller spur gears), which will restrict you to a max top speed of ~100mph. Meaning all excess power can go into acceleration, perfect for burning tires.

"Minimum changes" to the car brings on some restrictions, like not reversing the motor mount limits the motor length that can fit 88-90mm, depending on if the wires come out on the side or the back.

Castle 1717-1650kv / MMX8S therefor is a good match. Dedicated 6S alternative would be a TP4050-2100kv. Even mo powa will require quite a lot more changes

Last edited:
Seems too hot to me !!!
Minimal testing
Will update later
I may have mentioned before can’t remember
I did put an infraction complete rear diff in it and it’s way wobbly!!!
Havnt done any diff fluid changes in a while so maybe that’s it but I’m considering going back to felony rear diff and keeping small hoons all the way around
Seemed to handle better ????

Not sure
I turned AVC WAY down and it seemed to help some
However with the 20 tooth pinion it freaking gets it so a little wobble seems like a lot to me ???
Should probably go thru and change a 3 diff fluids for an infraction setup
I’m assuming 30k front 100k center 50k rear ???

Back