Felony Well !! That escalated Quickly!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Got these fans in mail yesterday!!!
I don’t know if that’s correct angle errrd???
Also best routing option for motor leads out of motor to esc ???
Ideas ?
DED80AD5-3599-418A-9C5F-C4E0BEA29CF9.jpeg
F2A2521E-FAEE-4830-8C47-2773973A05FB.jpeg

Last edited:
Sooooo
Front rear center drive shafts ???????
Are there clearance issues using some of the titanium offerings when using 40mm can ?
Input cups ?
Will factory input cups work ?
Or are there some nice machined ones somewhere?
What else should I be looking at for strengthening drivetrain in the Felonaction?
?
7DA8FE73-6FE2-4E92-B9B6-C91211C41D59.jpeg
83E70DC2-E43A-416A-BB60-8E0072D6B8BE.jpeg

I think you meant 58mm can, but I see what you're getting at. The can isn't really the issue. The chassis braces are. But with that much torque, I'd seriously consider upgrading the center drive shafts either to Ti shafts from Scorched or CF shafts from Perfect Pass. I've seen a motor get destroyed by a rear drive shaft that teepee'd on the guy and slammed into the can at speed. The motor was toast. But you can Dremel out the chassis braces if there's not enough clearance.

As for diff input cups, the stock Safe-D cups are trash. They wobble really bad. Pick up some Scorched or Tekno diff input cups. They're both great drop in replacements.

The other thing you should do is shim the rear dog bones to take out some of the play (put some silicone fuel tubing in the diff output cups and rear spindles). Not too tight, but just enough to keep them from shifting side to side. That should help beef up the rear a little bit and prevent the dog bones from popping out. It's not necessary on the front since you have CVDs there.

One more question…
Well for the evening….,
I may need some diff replacement parts ?
gp5
Can a fella order just the ring and pinion gear ?
If so where ?
RFB
Yeah, you can. Just Google GP5 gears and you should find some shops that sells them. It's not easy for me to help you there because I mainly get search results in continental Europe. but rather than buying ring and pinion gears, I'd recommend getting replacement sets of the internal gears and cross pins because you're more likely to break those than you are the ring & pinion gears (unless your mesh is super loose).

Yeah, you can. Just Google GP5 gears and you should find some shops that sells them. It's not easy for me to help you there because I mainly get search results in continental Europe. but rather than buying ring and pinion gears, I'd recommend getting replacement sets of the internal gears and cross pins because you're more likely to break those than you are the ring & pinion gears (unless your mesh is super loose).
I switched to gp5 diffs as well in my speedrunner, trying squeeze a few mph out. For me it was easier just to get complete bulkheads from Jenny's

It’s controllable..... at least I think !
from a dead stop I can hammer it and she will take of straight,,the back end fish tails a little bit then it gathers itself back and shoots straight!
I don’t let off the throttle
However
After rolling or from a rolling start it behaves differently!!!
It has done some 360s with out me wanting it to 😁
I’m knew ish at the RC hot rods but I’ve ALWAYS had a hot rod in garage or two
😁
I guess my point is I can drive or at least think I can !
I’m gonna run the wheels off of it before I try to do any tuning !
However the manual says that the punch setting is at level 4 of 9 levels !!!!
Well that can’t be rite !!!!!
Has anyone turned the punch setting up and if so what were your thoughts or experience with a higher level of “punch”
And hopefully I’m understanding “punch”
But that’s the amount of power being initially put to motor via esc regardless of my finger going 100% on throttle?????
So if I hammer it from dead stop it puts level 4 power initially (to hook up) and then the esc gives it level 9 power ???
wth 🤦‍♀️ 🤬
????????
I think I want all the power control at my finger ?? Maybe not
New guy here !!!!
I love lamp !
First off how did you get a hand grenade?
So there is a ton of settings on this thing to mess with, and I don’t fully understand, but the button on the radio marked a b toggles this “traction control” of sorts on and off. Or maybe it’s in my head. Also turning the knob marked st rate has some effect on loss of traction but I’m not entirely sure what. All the way down and the car will stand still roasting all 4 wheels for a second mashing the throttle, and middle to full rate seems to allow the car to move out the hole faster. I don’t have a manual, got my felony used, but I’d be interested to see if you noticed the same things if you try either one. Again I am a noob and don’t know much about it, but let me know if it helps. Also if you hold the throttle a little and then mash it, it tends to roast them too.

I switched to gp5 diffs as well in my speedrunner, trying squeeze a few mph out. For me it was easier just to get complete bulkheads from Jenny's
I’m only running GP5 in front as I liked the way it pulled from front of car …
that may all change
With this “setup” ….
Who knows ….
I was getting pretty good at controlled drifts at speed .
I’m thinking I’m gonna have to learn to drive all over again x…
Here’s a question I for some reason just thought of ….

Will AVC still work with new XLX2?

Anytime. What you want are AR310436 (gears) and AR310440 (cross pins).

ARA311017 is the ring gear and ARA311016 is the input pinion.
Ya
I can get complete diff for $49
Or just the ring and pinion for $39 !!
I’ll just be getting the complete diff !!!!
Now ……
Lol on to steering,
Steering servos …. I’ve just been using the 35kg servo off Amazon .
It’s been fine but probably should be upgrading that !!
Opinions?
And …..
Steering components…
Bell crank
Servo saver steering assembly is all stock
I don’t think I’ve even replaced the bearings like ever !!!
Opinions?
Options?

Also
Will AVC still work with the XLX2 ?
Is that a stupid question?
???

And I forgot to mention
The mount I purchased for the fans
I either received a faulty unit , or have really strong fingers
I’ve only mocked this build up
I have not Tightened anything other than mount to chassis with hex wrench.
I’m a notorious “overtightener” !!!
Fully admit it .
Long story short !!!
I ain’t tightened chit !!!!
And the adjustment screw to tighten clamp on motor is stripped!
Like won’t even hold fans tight !
Not super excited about that .

Back