Well, That was fun!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MSgt

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Fury
  2. Raider
  3. Vorteks
Just a short clip towards the end of my battery. It was nice out, so I decided to torture test it since rebuilding the front end...lol. Found the limits for how deep of water it'll go through. About 4-5 inches is too much. After letting it sit for a few minutes it was back to the torture.

And what it looks like after...

3xW30Kw.jpg

Considering what my driveway looks like, it's hard to keep them clean... Lol

4-5 inches to bog down? and also how did you clean the chassis (like idk bearings and stuff to keep dry and clean?)

People clean these things?? I kid, I kid...

Rinse it off with the sprayer in the sink.
Disassemble to get the bearings out, hit them with brake cleaner in a bearing blaster, re-oil them with 3 in 1 oil, reassemble. Rinse the motor with electric motor cleaner, relube the bushings or bearings as needed.

Haha! Well, I gotta admit, they don't see that every time... Sometimes with the kid's Stampedes, it's easier just to wait for failure/breakage...lol

OK, so two of my kids and I got some play time in this afternoon... This was the result...
O4lznR8.jpg

ZvPg3PM.jpg

KLEETwm.jpg

I think the motor is about done for now after 8-10 runs with a Lipo and my abuse... It only made this sound intermittently, but it did it several times.

Time for clean up and tear down... Have fun, y'all!!

I have a Turnigy 3900Kv and Castle Sidewinder 3 waiting to get installed... We'll see what happens. :D

Hi

Sound like you need to oil the bearings if it has bearing, and if it has bushings its toast. That's what the fan motor on my S10 pickup sounds like.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back