Kraton Well that was rather disappointing

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NewToArrma

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Granite
  2. Kraton 6s
Took the Kraton out this afternoon for its first run on 6s, lasted 3 min before my front tire decided to give out. Ran it for another 2 min before my alarm went off for low voltage, so ran it for a total 6 min today. With regards to the right from tire ripping, tires aren’t vented and have been run in 4s for maybe 6-8 packs. Next set of tires will be vented. I honestly thought I’d get more than 6 min of run time but perhaps that’s normal, charged it to 4.15 and alarm sounded at 3.83.

Attachments

• 4D957D8C-C41C-48EB-ADE7-D49B208FC476.jpeg
    4D957D8C-C41C-48EB-ADE7-D49B208FC476.jpeg
    264.5 KB · Views: 134
I was having my front tires blowout left and right. I must have bought four sets before I switched to the outcast tires on the front and I’ve had no trouble for over a year. Glue the torn one back together and use it as a truck stand.

I was having my front tires blowout left and right. I must have bought four sets before I switched to the outcast tires on the front and I’ve had no trouble for over a year. Glue the torn one back together and use it as a truck stand.
Good idea, I think I’ll try the new Copperhead2 if they are available yet. If not then I’ll try the backflips
3.83 is not low voltage. See if you can set a lower voltage or ignore it. Or don't use it.
Default protection preset value is 3.3, I’ll try that and see what run time I’ll get.

Last edited:
Have you thickened up your diff fluids? Even just 100-200k in center will help with ballooning. My original v3 tires lasted a bit, but it was more the foams and sand/dirt getting inside. Since that I’ve run Proline Badlands most of the time. The smaller diameter ones. What I have also been doing is taping up the vent holes in the rims. I have a set of Trenchers too, but just use those if I happen to run on anything other than dirt. What I haven’t done is vent the tire. My buddies I run with vent their tires, and I’ve experienced no difference. Everyone is different and does what they think is best. This is just my experience.

Good tip. I’ve used old maxx tires as truck stands for over a decade now.

Took the Kraton out this afternoon for its first run on 6s, lasted 3 min before my front tire decided to give out. Ran it for another 2 min before my alarm went off for low voltage, so ran it for a total 6 min today. With regards to the right from tire ripping, tires aren’t vented and have been run in 4s for maybe 6-8 packs. Next set of tires will be vented. I honestly thought I’d get more than 6 min of run time but perhaps that’s normal, charged it to 4.15 and alarm sounded at 3.83.
I check my tires after every run and if I notice even a slight gap starting between the rim and rubber, I add some CA. Haven't had a tire go yet.

Have you thickened up your diff fluids? Even just 100-200k in center will help with ballooning. My original v3 tires lasted a bit, but it was more the foams and sand/dirt getting inside. Since that I’ve run Proline Badlands most of the time. The smaller diameter ones. What I have also been doing is taping up the vent holes in the rims. I have a set of Trenchers too, but just use those if I happen to run on anything other than dirt. What I haven’t done is vent the tire. My buddies I run with vent their tires, and I’ve experienced no difference. Everyone is different and does what they think is best. This is just my experience.
I haven’t changed my diff fluid, 200k and above is on back order. I recently bought 100K for my center diff
I check my tires after every run and if I notice even a slight gap starting between the rim and rubber, I add some CA. Haven't had a tire go yet.
I’ll have to keep that in mind for the new set I ordered..so many things to remember before each run,lol

I haven’t changed my diff fluid, 200k and above is on back order. I recently bought 100K for my center diff

I’ll have to keep that in mind for the new set I ordered..so many things to remember before each run,lol
200k has been on back order for 7 months now! That’s why I went with 100k. I bought the 500k, but I don’t see myself using it.

200k has been on back order for 7 months now! That’s why I went with 100k. I bought the 500k, but I don’t see myself using it.
200k is the same silicone used in boob implants...FYI.
200k is the same silicone used in boob implants...FYI.
Use the 500k...it won't hurt.

You should buy a lipo alarm and use that rather than the ESC LVC which is too low. Lipo alarms are like $7-$10 and you can set your LVC point.
I was using a lipo alarm which was set at 3.83, I reset it at 3.3

500k to 1m seems to be the sweet spot for the kraton center diff to me ... and vent your tires asap call me crazy but 200 vs 500 is a big improvement your front tires will still balloon bad with 200 not as much with 500

I have several center diffs now and I try different weights all the time and I promise if all you have is 500 use it you wont be disappointed

Go grab some thick fluid for center diff or you will continue to blow money on tires.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back