Well this looks like fun.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That’s a big nope from me. Had an accident in Korea in dead of winter, fell through the ice. Pretty sure I went into shock and could feel anything warm, took another 24 hours to start feeling like myself. I’ll have a bunch of layers on or just stay inside. (Hence the reason why I just ordered 2 scx24s) ?

Layering is the way to go in the colder temps areas of the world

Yea Colorado Springs sits far closer to the foothills and mountains then Denver, and the whole Mtn Range temps can fluctuate about 30 - 40 degree differences between night and day.

heh heh. I just turned on my heater last night!
Didn't know that, have to tell my boy that, he's going back up in December.

Another thing is you can start at the Springs at 7000’ and it’s 75F. Then take an hour ride up to Pikes at 14,000’ and it’s 45F. You can look down from Pikes at town where it’s still 75F and be freezing your ass off.

Another thing is you can start at the Springs at 7000’ and it’s 75F. Then take an hour ride up to Pikes at 14,000’ and it’s 45F. You can look down from Pikes at town where it’s still 75F and be freezing your ass off.
That's cool......literally! Lol

Love the Springs. Especially Manitou Springs area. Came in last fall during that freak blizzard. Flew into Denver as it was coming down. Took 5 hours to drive to Colorado Springs. Was a nightmare.

That can sound like I-25!! Specially when snowing. Surprised they didn't close it down for a bit.

Always head up there with a full stomach!! Even residents of Colorado have to eat before heading up there as well!!

It will be nice and cold during that time. Hard to say about any precipitation, but a good chance. Elevation is the main factor to temperature fluctuation in our state

Lol, only the guys that have fun in the snow... you must be in the anti snow club...lol... if you sat your ass on a drag sled that runs 152mph in 600 ft. You may change your mind, or crap enough in your pants to stay warm... lol
I've been snowmobiling a handful of times and it's a blast. But I live in the city and when it snows, everything comes to a crawl. If i lived and worked in the country, I'm sure i would see it different, but for now, f*ck the snow and cold. Give my bald head as much sunshine as possible, so I can store it for the next 5 crappy months to come.

Layers keep you warm, but also add bulk and keep you from working easily.

I just like being able to remove or add a layer if needed. Start warming up take off a couple top layers and continue. slow down or start getting cold add another layer or two. Like most, you tend to get used to it sort of thing. I've lived here all y life so far, so don't even really think about it anymore, just unconsciously do it haha
I've been snowmobiling a handful of times and it's a blast. But I live in the city and when it snows, everything comes to a crawl. If i lived and worked in the country, I'm sure i would see it different, but for now, f*ck the snow and cold. Give my bald head as much sunshine as possible, so I can store it for the next 5 crappy months to come.

I agree on that! Being in the city, weather like this makes commuting bring out a rage in you, you never thought you had before!

Wow, you guys surprise me, thought ya'll dig the snow and cold, after all you live there. I'm a Southern boy, don't know if I could hang. Maby take a ride with my bro to Colorado this December, but it won't be for long.

Wow, you guys surprise me, thought ya'll dig the snow and cold, after all you live there. I'm a Southern boy, don't know if I could hang. Maby take a ride with my bro to Colorado this December, but it won't be for long.

I've just out grown it is all, haha! I had my fun with it, over it now.
So I guess now the question is, do I run the brand new Outcast on my lunch in this weather or wait for better weather??!

I've just out grown it is all, haha! I had my fun with it, over it now.
So I guess now the question is, do I run the brand new Outcast on my lunch in this weather or wait for better weather??!
A lot of guys here run in the snow and it does look fun, but I would worry about rust and brittle parts breaking, but hey, I guess that's half the fun. Being brand new, I would wait for the melt.

I'm too impatient! I'll give it a good air blow and wipe down when I get home! Though, this Outcast is going to be a lot of fun!! ?!!
That's cool man, hope you have a blast! ?

Lol..

We were camping near Estes Park CO outside of the national park in August. During the day peak temps reached 95, it was not enjoyable. Over night it got down to 27 and we were not prepared for that coming from Texas. My wife and son woke me up at 4am complaining of the cold. By the time we made it to Wal-Mart to get them sweaters etc and made it back to the camp site it was 60-70 F. again. :mad:
Should have just put them in the car with the heater on.

We were camping near Estes Park CO outside of the national park in August. During the day peak temps reached 95, it was not enjoyable. Over night it got down to 27 and we were not prepared for that coming from Texas. My wife and son woke me up at 4am complaining of the cold. By the time we made it to Wal-Mart to get them sweaters etc and made it back to the camp site it was 60-70 F. again. :mad:

Definitely been through that as well camping. Colorado mountain range temps can fluctuate Greatly from day to night.

Nothing to do with the mountain range, but about 4 or 5 years ago, end of June in Denver, woke up to 65 degree F weather, by noon it was snowing till about 2pm, that dissipated (snow wasn't sticking due to the warm ground) sun came out and by 4pm sitting at mid 80's...

I just was at Estes Park the first week of Sept. My sons best friend is a park ranger.

09D2F68E-0851-4343-88BB-2935BB5CB065.jpeg

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back