Senton went to brushless, now cant keep the wheels on...?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

maddmatt02

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. 4x4-Mega
Ok, so I just upgraded my kids senton to a tacon 3650 4420kv and ezrun60A. It does 26 on 2s and 35 on 3s with the 17t pinion but now we found another problem. Don't know if it would've shown up under brushed power because we only ran maybe 5-10 packs through it brushed. Anyways we were out driving it this morning and all the sudden the rear left wheel just goes rolling off on its own... Was able to find it and put it back on, tried by hand to see if maybe the nylon part of the lock nut wasn't grabbing but it was so it required the tool to tighten it down. Back to driving (all on 2s still) and about 4 packs later the wheel falls off again, this time we are looking but no luck finding the nut. Also though, my daughter asked me what it looked like before we searched the field for it and I went to show her one on and noticed no threads exposed on the FRONT left so got the tool out and tightened that one back down. I thought maybe I just didn't tighten the rear because I had it off once looking at stub axle size for other hex possibilities, but I have never had the fronts off yet.

anyone else have this happen? (I don't think so, searched and found once case where they lost a rear right on a nero and where a fury lost a wheel on the first run and mine didn't til the 7th run or so which wouldn't take that long if they were loose out the box) I might try some of the aluminum ones I have on my blitz where its a serrated flanged nut instead of a nyloc...

side note I think I killed my HK120A in my maxx, any better ideas than the BLX185 ESC for a cheap waterproof 6s capable? found em for 65 bucks.

Seems really weird that the axle/pin/hex/wheel/nut all spin as one, and the nut is even a nylock yet there's some force that causes the nuts to loosen.

Hold the truck up and look at the left rear wheel. When you punch the throttle, the tire rotates counter clockwise... The same direction to loosen the nut. Since you upgraded the electronics, there is alot more torque there, and every time you punch the throttle it's loosening the nut alittle.

Look at the backside of the nut that contacts the wheel ... It is completely smooth. This is why i use Traxxas flanged nylock nuts. The backside is serated and grips the wheel.

What your describing is not unusual, but be careful about cranking down on the Mega axles ... They are abit on the soft side and will snap.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back