What’s a good replacement for ESC

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The BLX185 is a decent ready to run esc, the lack of adjustments, the 6v bec and the super low lvc setting are it's weak points for sure.
I agree with your points, but for a stock vehicle it's pretty good for the price you can pick one up for, I agree having a higher voltage bec is very handy, if you're running high voltage servos, and there are often settings that may be useful to some drivers, but for most people the blx185 is enough, it sure has enough power and features for the every day user.

I agree with your points, but for a stock vehicle it's pretty good for the price you can pick one up for, I agree having a higher voltage bec is very handy, if you're running high voltage servos, and there are often settings that may be useful to some drivers, but for most people the blx185 is enough, it sure has enough power and features for the every day user.
Oh yeah it's good buy for the price for sure. It's a good esc to get started with, but I would rather drive around in a 2003 SVT Cobra than a 2003 V6 Mustang.

Last edited:
Well come to find out after taking out the ESC and putting it in another vehicle that the servo that I just bought from Amain wasn't waterproof as advertised it was the Savox SW-1211sg.

Well come to find out after taking out the ESC and putting it in another vehicle that the servo that I just bought from Amain wasn't waterproof as advertised it was the Savox SW-1211sg.
Weird. Mine is pretty waterproof.

Weird. Mine is pretty waterproof.
I think it's just a fluke, I have the same one on the Kraton and haven't had any issues.
I think it's just a fluke, I have the same one on the Kraton and haven't had any issues.
I also can't believe that the whole thing was submerged and it wasn't the ESC that failed lol

I also can't believe that the whole thing was submerged and it wasn't the ESC that failed lol
I always waterproof my servos myself. Clear acrylic nail polish and some marine grease poof servo is now completely waterproof. If you want to go really crazy you can get some modified silicone conformal coating.

My ESC recently went out on my Notorious. Call Arrma, they didn't give me any problems and sent a new ESC right away. I installed it and works like new again. Don't even mentiom the water puddle, just explain to them how the car is acting.

I like my hobbywing WP8BL150.. relatively cheap, programmable, does the job. Got one in my kraton and outcast.

I always waterproof my servos myself. Clear acrylic nail polish and some marine grease poof servo is now completely waterproof. If you want to go really crazy you can get some modified silicone conformal coating.

Can you explain in more detail your method for waterproofing a servo? Do you cover the entire servo with the nail polish or just certain parts?

Can you explain in more detail your method for waterproofing a servo? Do you cover the entire servo with the nail polish or just certain parts?
Just the circuit board.
Same concept as in this video, but he shows some of the benefits to using the conformal coating. Idk why but this video is just black for like the first min :unsure:

Hey I picked up a jar of that liquid electrical tape, that should work don't ya think for waterproofing the servo? And Max 6 or 8 for a ESC replacement?

Hey I picked up a jar of that liquid electrical tape, that should work don't ya think for waterproofing the servo? And Max 6 or 8 for a ESC replacement?
It does work sort of decent, but it's nowhere near as good as acrylic nail polish or the conformal coating as it can peal off pretty easily. You can buy a bottle of clear acrylic nail polish for $1.00.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back