What’s everyone’s feelings on RedCat?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Max Damage

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, I’ve been doing a lot of research for my first basher in a long time (been out of the hobby for a few years) and I’ve narrowed down my choices to a Arrma Granite 3S BLX or RedCat Blackout XTE. The price on the XTE is very appealing as I can use extra money left over for extra battery/charger/spares. I was hoping those who have/had this truck or recent RedCat stuff can chime in. Is the price too good to be true? I know RedCat hasn’t been really been known for quality years ago, but I’m hearing that has changed?

Thanks!

The only RCs I currently own are Redcat and Arrmas, love them both.

ok that’s a lie...
I like the redcat and LOVE my Arrmas. No contest on this one, get the granite. It’s in a different league than the blackout

I have the Redcat MT10E and it's a great truck but had the Granite 4x4 BLX been out at that time, I would've chosen the Arrma. I have both now and the Granite is far superior.
edit: The redcat issue I had specifically was the esc isn't a good match for the motor (esc too weak) and went out on me pretty quick. Redcat replaced it no problems at all but I sold it because it really needs 100amp.

Team RedCat are team magic chassis from Taiwan, great MTs. All the other chassis, Redcat (not team redcat), are HSP or BSD chassis, not the same quatliy, chinese design. The Blackout chassis is a BSD chassis. I also own BSD chassis.

Don't forget that Recat only import rc cars in US, they don't design them, they are importer only.

You can't compare a BSD (sell under the brands redcat, Absima, T2M), with an Arrma 3s BLX. If i would have to choose, 3s BLX without hesitation.

Last edited:
The granite is so much easier to work on, the suspensions is so much more plush, the tires are better, the power system is better and it’s a tank. Don’t get me wrong I like my EXT but the Granite is just so much better in just about every way.

IMO redact has good crawlers and street cars, but my experience with their MT bashers has sucked....

There crawlers are surely RGT crawlers, HSP bought RGT a year or two ago. Since HSP has bought RGT, they have something better in their new chassis, like the last 1/10 MT (also sold by redcat as the Dukono) and the new 1/8 too (very recent, so we don't know how durable it can be). The last 1/10 HSP aren't bad, plastic isn't bad, but the diff. stay HSP and the metal used for the outdrive is soft.

RGT came on the market with 1/10 touring cars, almost direct copy of Xray T3/T4 chassis, with parts almost compatible with Xray. Not a bad brand. They started to design a 1/10 racing buggy but HSP bought them at this moment and this project seems to have been stopped since.

Hey... what about their R5?

oh wait... never mind

LoL

[/Burn]

You mean, this?
S0-modele--renault-r5.jpg

Oh no, this :
maxresdefault (1).jpg

Redcat R5 = RGT = HSP 94090 EXPLORER

That poor truck was a terrible flop, huh? I remember being excited to see it and sure enough - huge letdown.

it was! but you have to give it to them for the buy back, if you werent happy they gave all the money back..

I remember one of the first video with the guy who had his R5 with the hex hub which gone through the rims :ROFLMAO: If i remember well the diff. started to make a bad grinding noise too.

I remember to have read this on a forum, yes, it is true.

Last edited:
I remember one of the first video with the guy who had his R5 with the hex hub which gone through the rims :ROFLMAO: If i remember well the diff. started to make a bad grinding noise too.

I remember to have read this on a forum, yes, it is true.
Gives me new appreciation for the K8S ???

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back