Typhon What’s the best servo saver for the 4x4 lineup?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Avyn Nix

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton EXB
Hello Arrma forum I was wondering what the best servo saver upgrade is for the 4x4 line, I currently have my 23t press on to a 25t servo.

I have the Kimbrough 124 on my K4S and I like it much better than the stock arrma one. It's easy to do the modification if you have a Dremel or small rotary tool.

Do any of these inserts strip easily or in a crash.

I had the kimbrough 124 in my big rock, and currently a 123. Both very durable for crashes, but both have developed slop in not too long. And i know i'm not the only one whose had issues like that with the kimbrough's.

I've resorted to just getting the 25t red arrma servo saver and replacing as they die since they're cheap.

I didn’t have much luck with the Kimbrough saver. I tried several, but they went soft within a couple months. The Hot racing saver that I tried lasted two weeks before the spring broke. So I like the stock one. It’s only good for a month or two though before it begins getting soft… but the entire steering assembly (bellcrank, saver and link) is dirt cheap on Jennysrc.com, just a couple of bucks. So I keep a bunch in stock constantly and swap them out often as needed. And.

I also like the 6S steering servo, the S652. Since its 23t it works with the stock servo saver. It’s also cheap on Jenny’s, 18-19 bucks. I haven’t had one fail in a 3S car for close to two years, and I’m not having issues with it in my recent 4S builds either. It’s not the fastest or most powerful servo, but it works well for me.

I didn’t have much luck with the Kimbrough saver. I tried several, but they went soft within a couple months. The Hot racing saver that I tried lasted two weeks before the spring broke. So I like the stock one. It’s only good for a month or two though before it begins getting soft… but the entire steering assembly (bellcrank, saver and link) is dirt cheap on Jennysrc.com, just a couple of bucks. So I keep a bunch in stock constantly and swap them out often as needed. And.

I also like the 6S steering servo, the S652. Since its 23t it works with the stock servo saver. It’s also cheap on Jenny’s, 18-19 bucks. I haven’t had one fail in a 3S car for close to two years, and I’m not having issues with it in my recent 4S builds either. It’s not the fastest or most powerful servo, but it works well for me.
Ok very good to know then I’ll just go with the Arrma rad 25t servo saver for cheap because I have a perfect pass servo in my 3s typhon.
I had the kimbrough 124 in my big rock, and currently a 123. Both very durable for crashes, but both have developed slop in not too long. And i know i'm not the only one whose had issues like that with the kimbrough's.

I've resorted to just getting the 25t red arrma servo saver and replacing as they die since they're cheap.
Seems like the cheap red one is the way to go then.

Arrma 4s V1 Servo Safer (red) 25tooth. Servo: DSSERVO Pro on Aliexpress for like 15-20$. Next would be Ecoboost Servo for 35-40$. My dream Servo (yes there are better out there, but for me this is plenty enough and overkill for 3s Line): HRC 44kg 80$ (maybe only in Europe this servo).

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back