Outcast What’s the best wing mount and bumper for Outcast/Notorious?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What’s the general consensus for a wing mount and a front bumper for the Outcast/Notorious? I know that one of the aftermarket wing mounts has been problematic (TBR?). Front bumper? RPM?

I use TBR Outcast front pumper. And wide basher rear bumper from TBR also. For the wing mount I think the new TBR is thw best.

I recommend the tbr front and rear because they also work as a skid plates @T-Bone Racing

Bought a rear bumper/wheelie bar that had a manufacturer defect. I emailed them and didn't receive a response. Then I submitted a review ti their website showing the defect and they wouldn't post it. I was finally able to get in touch with them through this forum and they gave me two options: fix it myself, or remove it and return it to them. I didn't have a replacement bumper and didn't want to be down for what would be most likely weeks. I would also be out of pocket on the shipping so they could fix their screw up( which they admitted). Totally unacceptable in my book.

TLDR this thread, but my 2 cents.

The wing mount I agree with Thomas P, boil the stock one. The Rpm ones suck.
la9qRarh.jpg

Also the Rpm front bumper is a pile of crap too. Didn't even last 2 weeks.

iSE55uEh.jpg

The only good parts Rpm makes for these are the rear skid plate and the a arms everything else you are just pissing away money buying it.

T-bone Racing V2 bumper has been on the Outcast since May, however the screws have started to rip through where it mounts to the bottom of the chassis, so I stuck my Voltage Hobbies skid on top of it to prevent that from getting worse.
TnQbxt4h.jpg

As you can tell from the pic above I am not easy on my Outcast at all and for the T-Bone Racing front bumper to last 5 months vs 2 weeks for the Rpm front bumper is saying something about the difference in the design between the 2. The Rpm bumper lacks any sort of support on the top of the bumper, whereas the T-Bone bumper has a brace that mounts to the top part of the bulkhead. The Rpm bumper would be a much better option if it had an upper support. Now the T-Bone Racing bumper needs to be thicker in the area where the screws go through into the bottom of the chassis, this is it's weak point.

Last edited:
TLDR this thread, but my 2 cents.

The wing mount I agree with Thomas P, boil the stock one. The Rpm ones suck.
la9qRarh.jpg

Also the Rpm front bumper is a pile of crap too. Didn't even last 2 weeks.

iSE55uEh.jpg

The only good parts Rpm makes for these are the rear skid plate and the a arms everything else you are just pissing away money buying it.

T-bone Racing V2 bumper has been on the Outcast since May, however the screws have started to rip through where it mounts to the bottom of the chassis, so I stuck my Voltage Hobbies skid on top of it to prevent that from getting worse.
TnQbxt4h.jpg

As you can tell from the pic above I am not easy on my Outcast at all and for the T-Bone Racing front bumper to last 5 months vs 2 weeks for the Rpm front bumper is saying something about the difference in the design between the 2. The Rpm bumper lacks any sort of support on the top of the bumper, whereas the T-Bone bumper has a brace that mounts to the top part of the bulkhead. The Rpm bumper would be a much better option if it had an upper support. Now the T-Bone Racing bumper needs to be thicker in the area where the screws go through into the bottom of the chassis, this is it's weak point.
My rpm front bumper out lasted my rear tbr rear bumper the brace is broken on the tbr. I do a lot of customizing to my parts to help prolong themhere are a few pics.

Attachments

• A271C559-8674-457B-8E14-65121F5BD537.jpeg
    A271C559-8674-457B-8E14-65121F5BD537.jpeg
    270.6 KB · Views: 64
  • C37DF91B-C240-4EDF-AD73-18BD22536EAD.jpeg
    C37DF91B-C240-4EDF-AD73-18BD22536EAD.jpeg
    355.9 KB · Views: 65
  • C7F5AC33-B39B-4237-B0E0-8717AE3E51BD.jpeg
    C7F5AC33-B39B-4237-B0E0-8717AE3E51BD.jpeg
    348.5 KB · Views: 65
  • D38F5A07-0565-48E5-B66D-6D04419A82FB.jpeg
    D38F5A07-0565-48E5-B66D-6D04419A82FB.jpeg
    319.7 KB · Views: 73
  • 92A22FC5-97DB-4C84-A219-74569A4D9FC1.jpeg
    92A22FC5-97DB-4C84-A219-74569A4D9FC1.jpeg
    220.1 KB · Views: 60
My rpm front bumper out lasted my rear tbr rear bumper the brace is broken on the tbr. I do a lot of customizing to my parts to help prolong themhere are a few pics.

I'm sure my Rpm bumper would have lasted longer than 2 weeks if I made some sort of brace for it like you did. What is that red stuff you used there?

I'm sure my Rpm bumper would have lasted longer than 2 weeks if I made some sort of brace for it like you did. What is that red stuff you used there?
It’s a divider from my accessory tool box

I just made that t2t brace. It’s 1” square the reason I changed it from round was it fits perfectly between the wing mount which will help prolong the wing mount

Bought a rear bumper/wheelie bar that had a manufacturer defect. I emailed them and didn't receive a response. Then I submitted a review ti their website showing the defect and they wouldn't post it. I was finally able to get in touch with them through this forum and they gave me two options: fix it myself, or remove it and return it to them. I didn't have a replacement bumper and didn't want to be down for what would be most likely weeks. I would also be out of pocket on the shipping so they could fix their screw up( which they admitted). Totally unacceptable in my book.

Thanks for this heads up. They lost my business because of this too.. I am big on customer service. Things don't always go as you would like. That is what makes customer service so important. If you can't count on them after the sale then it isn't worth buying IMO. That is why I love Venom. Their products are good and their customer service is unbelievable. Customer for life!

I just got one of their wheelie bars and one of the wheels is crooked

I'm late in the game here, but after only one run on full packs, the wing mounts on my Notorious snapped. This was just a test run on low ramps in an open field. The wing came off early in the run, and | honestly think that it's not worth putting back on. Since I need the wheelie bar, I have to decide on stocking up on Arrma HD stock wing mounts, or switching to TBR or RPM or maybe even something aluminum. After reading all the posts here, I haven't seen a consensus on which is best. Had to shave down the broken ones, and drill new holes to mount the wheelie bar. Not perfect, but got the truck through the rest of the run.

Attachments

• 20181223_143237[1].jpg
    20181223_143237[1].jpg
    215.2 KB · Views: 54
  • 20181223_144855[1].jpg
    20181223_144855[1].jpg
    236.3 KB · Views: 49
I'm late in the game here, but after only one run on full packs, the wing mounts on my Notorious snapped. This was just a test run on low ramps in an open field. The wing came off early in the run, and | honestly think that it's not worth putting back on. Since I need the wheelie bar, I have to decide on stocking up on Arrma HD stock wing mounts, or switching to TBR or RPM or maybe even something aluminum. After reading all the posts here, I haven't seen a consensus on which is best. Had to shave down the broken ones, and drill new holes to mount the wheelie bar. Not perfect, but got the truck through the rest of the run.
Trust me when I say this, boil the wing and wing mount for 5 min, let cool then soak in a bag of WD40 overnight. I boiled my Rpm wing mount back in June and it is just now starting to bend a little bit.

T-bon Racing for the front bumper and wing mount. I have RPM wing mount and it works good. But I think T-bone wing mount is better after seeing some videos

Trust me when I say this, boil the wing and wing mount for 5 min, let cool then soak in a bag of WD40 overnight. I boiled my Rpm wing mount back in June and it is just now starting to bend a little bit.
I here what you're saying Slick, and I guess there's nothing to lose. So far, 3 with an RPM. Excuse me, I have to go to the hobby store now ?

I here what you're saying Slick, and I guess there's nothing to lose. So far, 3 with an RPM. Excuse me, I have to go to the hobby store now ?
I went through 2 stock and 3 Rpm wing mounts in 6 months before I did this.

Ran out and got the new RPM wing mount and a stock at the same time. I did boil them for 10 minutes, but no soaking in WD40 yet. While I replaced everything, I figured out why my wing kept falling off. There are supposed to be nylon nuts where the wing screws into. One side was missing, and the other was obviously defective from the factory because there's glue all over it and its stripped. Neither of the screws had a chance of staying in. That will have to be brought up when I contact for replacements. Anyways, Merry Christmas blasters! Cheers!

Attachments

• 20181224_155239.jpg
    20181224_155239.jpg
    192 KB · Views: 47
  • 20181224_155253.jpg
    20181224_155253.jpg
    119.1 KB · Views: 48
  • 20181224_155337.jpg
    20181224_155337.jpg
    222.8 KB · Views: 48
  • 20181224_155443.jpg
    20181224_155443.jpg
    246.7 KB · Views: 44
T-Bone Racing XV4 Kraton front bumper on the Notorious. Looks good and went on pretty easy. Seems tough and build quality was A+

Attachments

• 20190102_204731.jpg
    20190102_204731.jpg
    213.2 KB · Views: 61
  • 20190102_204742.jpg
    20190102_204742.jpg
    192 KB · Views: 61
These two pics show the part they have incorporated to hold in the pins and give extra support to the bumper without attaching it to the gear box. Nice front skid plate as well.

Attachments

• 20190102_212504.jpg
    20190102_212504.jpg
    235.2 KB · Views: 58
  • 20190102_212525.jpg
    20190102_212525.jpg
    136.8 KB · Views: 64
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back