Outcast What’s the best wing mount and bumper for Outcast/Notorious?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
have you weighed it by any chance?
That's a lot of extra effort and I'm old. Kidding (not about being old), I just bash for fun and don't take things like weight too seriously. When I take it off to change the front dif, I'll throw it on the scale.

Cross posted - sorry. Pics of skid plate and piece that holds front hinge pins. No attachment to gear box as in older designs.

Attachments

• 20190102_212525.jpg
    20190102_212525.jpg
    136.8 KB · Views: 45
  • 20190102_212504.jpg
    20190102_212504.jpg
    235.2 KB · Views: 45
i just kept putting aluminum parts on my notorious and started to realize how much harder it pile drives the ground and now weight is starting to concern me... the bumper isnt gonna make much of a diff though... mainly single packs vs dual and big ass wheels...all the rest is not optional to change..

i just kept putting aluminum parts on my notorious and started to realize how much harder it pile drives the ground and now weight is starting to concern me... the bumper isnt gonna make much of a diff though... mainly single packs vs dual and big ass wheels...all the rest is not optional to change..
Excuse me while I go count how many aluminum parts I added......oh poop!

seriously bro.... if my notorious wasnt in like 10 pieces i would weigh it.... i didnt break poop til i started swapping parts...then all started breaking and i got 10x better at jumping in the process.... wtf...

seriously bro.... if my notorious wasnt in like 10 pieces i would weigh it.... i didnt break poop til i started swapping parts...then all started breaking and i got 10x better at jumping in the process.... wtf...
You drive yours? I just keep replacing parts on a truck I've driven twice. I have my candyass Slash if I want to break something.

Attachments

• 20181209_233213.jpg
    20181209_233213.jpg
    290.7 KB · Views: 51
Although I had a different body on mine at the last weigh in, that's a touch lighter than the stock one, I've got aluminum Voltage towers, servo mount, and chassis braces. Also run a tower2tower brace that weighs 109grams by itself and a 704 gram battery in the tray.
ProLine Road rage wheels and tires . RTR @ 12.208lbs
IMG_8460.JPG

f ing awesome!!! about time... we just need someone to weigh a stock one...i have a LWB, and same braces and mount...

Im at work right now, if no one replies to this I'll throw my bone stock Outcast up on the Kitchen food scale along with a 6s battery when I go home.

My stock Outcast with a 6s hardcase is 12lb 7oz. V3 Kraton with Back flips, T-Bone v2 front and rear bumpers is a portly 13lb 1oz. Trugified Typhon with t-bone front bumper and t to t brace is a zippy in comparison 10lb 13oz. All these weights include a 1lb 7oz battery.
MrDuke: I think the backflip tires is what makes the stock Outcast a little heavier then yours with the heavier shock towers and t to t.

Last edited:
My body has 1.5 tubes of shoe glue a metal strap. I use a 1” square tube for t2t and I made my own front and rear skid plates. It probably weighs 20 pounds with all that mud on it lol

Attachments

• AFE3784A-1BBC-4333-B35C-B1D7249DC52A.jpeg
    AFE3784A-1BBC-4333-B35C-B1D7249DC52A.jpeg
    352.6 KB · Views: 54
  • 95A7B7FD-A8D8-4810-8EB2-EED4B7D256F5.jpeg
    95A7B7FD-A8D8-4810-8EB2-EED4B7D256F5.jpeg
    349.9 KB · Views: 67
  • 8DFECD0C-551F-423C-B5BC-8514D6BCD7AA.jpeg
    8DFECD0C-551F-423C-B5BC-8514D6BCD7AA.jpeg
    342.8 KB · Views: 56
My body has 1.5 tubes of shoe glue a metal strap. I use a 1” square tube for t2t and I made my own front and rear skid plates. It probably weighs 20 pounds with all that mud on it lol
Like the metal strap idea. New project when I get home tonight. You think rivets would be strong enough to hold it on, or is using the small screws a better idea?

I like that metal strap idea. My body is nearly split in half at the base of the "windshield" part and cracked from the bottom half way across the truck bed at the base of the rear "window". I used some thick plastic and rivets/washers to keep it alive a bit longer. Contemplating spending the $80+ on one of those indestructible bodies from Germany... wonder why no one in the states makes any of those.

Like the metal strap idea. New project when I get home tonight. You think rivets would be strong enough to hold it on, or is using the small screws a better idea?
I've been using rivets to keep mine alive. I use washers on the under side. Seems to hold up on my 2 or 3 bodies on different trucks so far.

I like that metal strap idea. My body is nearly split in half at the base of the "windshield" part and cracked from the bottom half way across the truck bed at the base of the rear "window". I used some thick plastic and rivets/washers to keep it alive a bit longer. Contemplating spending the $80+ on one of those indestructible bodies from Germany... wonder why no one in the states makes any of those.
I've never seen any of the indestructible bodies from Germany. I've only seen the ones from Russia. Do you have links to these? I know that Proline has their Bash Armor bodies, which I have seen are supposed to be made out of the same material, but I haven't tried one yet. I was planning on getting one for my MT410 this spring though.

I hate to be the one to tell you this but when you clean the mud off you will see you have two different kinds of tires on that beast.;)

I like the nut and bolt better cause you can add washers

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back