What’s the deal with these Fans?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KevinC

Flyboy, Cat Hoarder, Tiger Tamer, Party Crasher.
Lifetime Premium!
Premium Member
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Fireteam
  2. Limitless
  3. Kraton 8S
  4. Kraton 6s
  5. Kraton EXB
  6. Mojave EXB
  7. Talion
  8. Talion EXB
Hi Arrma nation.
I have a handful of these fans from powerhobby that I cannot get to work with my Spektrum SR515.
Any ideas?

3D2DCEED-56ED-49FC-A44D-6F3F0E36DD6A.jpeg

cheers,
kev

Hi Arrma nation.
I have a handful of these fans from powerhobby that I cannot get to work with my Spektrum SR515.
Any ideas?

View attachment 225087

cheers,
kev
The fans have reverse polarity protection, if they are plugged in backwards they will not work. Make sure they are polarized properly, the plugs have a + & - on them.

What he said. If it's not working most likely switching the wires will get it going.

Those are great fans. I'd guess you have them plugged in backwards. They do come with an oddly thick port if I remember correctly. I had to sand one side down for the fan plug to fit alongside my throttle and servo plugs.

As far as I can tell, there’s only one way to plug these in. There’s a detent on the plug coming from the fan that prevents plugging it in the wrong way……..so I’m at a loss here.

As far as I can tell, there’s only one way to plug these in. There’s a detent on the plug coming from the fan that prevents plugging it in the wrong way……..so I’m at a loss here.
Yep that’s what I’m talking about. Sand it down and plug it in the other way.

Ok, I’m using the extension as seen in the first picture. Are you saying to sand down the detent on the plug that’s connected to the fan and send it directly to the RX.…..thereby bypassing the extension altogether?
Sorry for the confusion

Ok, I’m using the extension as seen in the first picture. Are you saying to sand down the detent on the plug that’s connected to the fan and send it directly to the RX.…..thereby bypassing the extension altogether?
Sorry for the confusion
Yeah bypass the extension to see if that is the culprit.

No, pop out the extension wires (I have done it before and it is easy) and switch them.
I have this fan and the plug isn’t backward, it’s just unusually thick for some reason. I had to sand it down for it fit at all. Switching the wires wouldn’t have helped.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back