What’s the honest verdict on the 8S Krato v the xmaxx

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey hey, to the OP. I have both units. I love both of them.

in my experience, the x-maxx is easier to work on. (Just my opinion, everyone’s proclivity could differ).

it all depends on what you like to do with your rc.

things to note out of the box:

The xmaxx wheelies jumps flips and generally is a “monster truck” it’s just that. Kinda bouncy and doesn’t really turn real sharp, that being said... I love my xmaxx.

the Kr8ton will NOT wheelie stock out of the box. You can turn the punch up and do all the adjustments with a program card and it STILL won’t wheelie. However, it handles a lot better than an xmaxx and in my opinion looks cooler than the xmaxx. If your wanting to wheelie and do backflips and stunts off jumps I’m not sure the kraton 8s unit is for you. (Unless you wanna spend a pile of money on upgrades to make it bashable) if you wanted to take it to track events with tight turns and gentle jumps then I’d probably pick a k8s...

You mentioned that your a big fan of the notorious, do you like the fact it’s a easy to jump, wheelies for days and all around good basher With your goal being you want the same style of unit for the bigger scale? If so I’d pick an xmaxx.

if your goal was to Get a somewhat more stable better handling unit that you could use at track events or planned on making bulletproof and don’t mind dumping some serious coin in it , I might get the k8s.

I have both and enjoy both of them in different applications. But if I had to pick one to go with out of the box and had no money to be spending on upgrades and repairs my pick would be an Xmaxx.

If money was not an object and I could only pick one... I might pick the k8s and put all the m2c stuff on it ??‍♂️. I don’t have endless supplies of money so my k8s is pretty stock so I can’t really say that for sure tho .. I just know that the kraton looks nicer, that’s 100% personal opinion tho ??. The xmaxx with the Silverado body on it tho... now that’s a good looking truck.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back