Kraton What’s this part called? And how can I get a replacement

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

philipbeeney

Reaction score
969469DA-0C53-4497-88A8-BD89404913AC.jpeg

Hi guys. I’m new at this. What’s this nut called and can I get replacements?

No idea what you are asking :) an arrow would help unless @Engineer had the right answer.
An arrow or something in a picture works wonders, simple point to it with a finger or screwdriver if you do not want to edit pictures.

Unsolicited advise,
If this is how you are running, I am surprised that nothing has melted yet or worse caught on fire.
Replace all deans connectors and do not use those screw terminals. You are drawing 100-140A and this is a disaster in the making, they are rated at 10-16A if I recall correctly.

If this is just your trial setup it's ok but I wouldn't use it for bashing.

No idea what you are asking :) an arrow would help unless @Engineer had the right answer.
An arrow or something in a picture works wonders, simple point to it with a finger or screwdriver if you do not want to edit pictures.

Unsolicited advise,
If this is how you are running, I am surprised that nothing has melted yet or worse caught on fire.
Replace all deans connectors and do not use those screw terminals. You are drawing 100-140A and this is a disaster in the making, they are rated at 10-16A if I recall correctly.

If this is just your trial setup it's ok but I wouldn't use it for bashing.
Thank you. I’ve only just bought the car second hand. A kid owned it before and has beaten it up.
im planning on sorting the wiring out.

one of the nuts in the axle carrier has been lost. I’m wondering whether I just get some replacement nuts for now and upgrade later or just do the upgrade now.
I’ve got a lot to learn with this car. Should be fun.
Thanks very much for your reply.
phil

Last edited:
Unsolicited advise,

Wow, I was looking at the photos on my phone and didn't even notice the wiring ... yeah, I would clean that up as soon as possible.

That’s really helpful . Thank you
youre looking for the pivot ball cap.ARA320467 you will need this too AR330505. You can order from arrrmas site. or just google those numbers. I love how buddy can point out a wire hiding in the background but couldn't see the obvious missing red part in center view.

Some advice about those hub nuts... they are extremely easy to mis-thread in the steering block. Be super careful when putting in the new one- hold in place and turn in the opposite direction until you feel the thread "catch," then go forward.

I did everything right, and still cross threaded mine. I decided to replace the entire steering block with Hot Racing versions, which I'm glad I did since the threading was easier to align.

IMG_9094.jpg

View attachment 103891

Hi guys. I’m new at this. What’s this nut called and can I get replacements?

i think all us newbies make the same mistake.

I was letting my son work on steering block and he threaded it and now won't go in straight anymore.

What did you end up doing? Getting stock or going up to hot racing?

Forum members, do you recommend the hot racing steering blocks or is there something better out there?

Forum members, do you recommend the hot racing steering blocks or is there something better out there?

I installed the Hot Racing steering blocks and I haven't had any problems. The retainer nut (if that's what they're called), is much easier to thread vs the stock nuts. Also, the retainer o-ring is larger and therefore stays in place more easily and all together the assembly is much easier to assemble and disassemble compared to the stock steering block. I'm a believer!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back