What’s your most durable rc car

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Currently my strongest rc I think is my Typhon TLR. Proline body with candy root beer paint.
A6B09DE2-2303-4E2F-AAE1-DAEF24AC399B.jpeg

I only have two right now so I don't think it's worth commenting on current cars, but historically it has to be the Mugen MBX5T. That thing was a tank made from very high quality materials so it not only survived big jumps well but was also very long-wearing. My Arrma steels and plastics have a lot of wear and slop already after not that much running, but the Mugen materials would stay in almost new condition seemingly forever. It also handled exceptionally well so crashes were rare and therefore it had fewer opportunities to break. Sadly they sabotaged this apex of durability with the newer revisions that further refined its racing performance, but I don't doubt they would still make pretty good bashers.

I have a Team Redcat mt10e & mt8e BE6S, both of those are tough trucks. The mt10e can take an incredible amount of punishment and just keep going. I do find myself breaking more things on my Arrma trucks than I do on those.

Resurrecting this thread to repeat myself and say "the Senton 3s is one of the most durable Arrma's". I'm not saying its "the most" durable, as I've not owned the complete catalog. My son was showing off in front of a new friend today and was fully sending the Senton off a ramp I use for the 6s Kraton. Multiple times it lawn darted, side, roof landings and ever tail landings. I think he hit the house too. At the end of the punishment, no major damage. I rest my case.

Last edited:
Resurrecting this thread to repeat myself and say "the Senton 3s is one of the most durable Arrma's". I'm not saying its "the most" durable, as I've not owned the complete catalog. My son was showing of in front of a new friend today and was fully sending the Senton of a ramp I use to the 6s Kraton. Multiple times it lawn darted, side, roof landings and ever tail landings. I think he hit the house too. At the end of the punishment, no major damage. I rest my case.
Agree 100% That thing will even flip over on it's own 96.47% of the time! 😁 Love my Senton and might get another one down the line!!

I only have two right now so I don't think it's worth commenting on current cars, but historically it has to be the Mugen MBX5T. That thing was a tank made from very high quality materials so it not only survived big jumps well but was also very long-wearing. My Arrma steels and plastics have a lot of wear and slop already after not that much running, but the Mugen materials would stay in almost new condition seemingly forever. It also handled exceptionally well so crashes were rare and therefore it had fewer opportunities to break. Sadly they sabotaged this apex of durability with the newer revisions that further refined its racing performance, but I don't doubt they would still make pretty good bashers.
I've never owned a Mugen but they seem highly regarded. I would like to give an honorable mention to my Xray XB8 EC 1/8 buggy, which is a 2007 model. I converted it to brushless 10 years ago.
It's been through the mill and just keeps going..I picked it up second hand with a box of spares. The only thing I've replaced in 10 years are bearings(full set included with spares) and a spur gear..TBH, the thing handles amazing IMO. I've changed all fluids but literally have never touched the diffs or shocks otherwise.

I guess with that said, 1/8 scale buggies in general have always been the toughest rc's I've ever encountered.

Last edited:
To add.. I suspect that Xray may have done the same as Mugen with regards to sacrificing some durability for performance..not sure. TBH, I would have never owned the Xray if I hadn't gotten a sweet deal on it second hand. Crazy expensive these race rigs are!! $750 or so for a kit that doesn't include ANY running gear😮😬🤣

Would love to answer that question, but I'm not too hard on my vehicles.

Stampede 2wd. Converted to brushless. It’s only broke a few times in 4-5 years. That was from my son going full throttle into a huge wooden swing set. I swapped out some plastic parts for aluminum. It takes a beating and never quits. There’s no extra moving parts to break being a 2wd. I’m still running the stock servo. I think webe gone thru more bodies then parts…

Stampede 2wd. Converted to brushless. It’s only broke a few times in 4-5 years. That was from my son going full throttle into a huge wooden swing set. I swapped out some plastic parts for aluminum. It takes a beating and never quits. There’s no extra moving parts to break being a 2wd. I’m still running the stock servo. I think webe gone thru more bodies then parts…

There's something to be said for the durability of vehicles which have very few parts to break.

i don't have that many RC vehicles but I'd give a shout-out to the Losi Tenacity MT, which has sadly been discontinued for a while. I bought it used from a Youtuber who beat the ever-loving crap out of it, and here I am, 3 years later, still launching it full-throttle. Often landing on concrete. And it just doesn't break.

It's the most reliable RC vehicle I've owned. I had more issues with my V2 Kraton and my Granite than the Tenacity.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back