Typhon What’s your Typhon setup and use?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bogis9

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
Hi guys how are you setting up your Typhon and what are you using it for?

Hi guys how are you setting up your Typhon and what are you using it for?

Are we talking the 6s version?

I put hub extenders on mine and was running 2.8 badlands. I decided that I want it to be a true buggy and ditched the extenders and went back to some EBay buggies wheels that @Megasty suggested. I have a Notorious and. Kraton so I really don’t need another truggy. That said, if I do go back to a truggy set up I will use Kraton a-arms, cvd’s, dogbone and wheel hubs as opposed to the extenders. I didn’t care for the play the had.

I've got the 6S Typhon.
Currently still setting things up but it's a speed runner so basically; lowered, thicker shock oil, thicker front & rear diff oil (200K & 100K), centre spool (still researching), higher tooth pinion/lower tooth spur (currently going 23T/50T but that will change with centre spool), GRP wheels/tyres, high "C" rated Lipo and some capacitors eventually.

Are we talking the 6s version?

I put hub extenders on mine and was running 2.8 badlands. I decided that I want it to be a true buggy and ditched the extenders and went back to some EBay buggies wheels that @Megasty suggested. I have a Notorious and. Kraton so I really don’t need another truggy. That said, if I do go back to a truggy set up I will use Kraton a-arms, cvd’s, dogbone and wheel hubs as opposed to the extenders. I didn’t care for the play the had.

What are the buggy wheels that were suggested and how do you like them?

6s 3s I was just wondering what people are doing with them and how. I like the idea of Kraton arms and may try to source a spare chassis to dabble with

6S owner here. Mine is setup for speed runs. I'm getting another one for 'play' though because I miss the ability of tearing through an open field...

Made mine trugified. It’s not going back anytime soon. Kraton hexes, hubs, and axles make it around an inch wider so you can run 2.8 monster truck tires.

What are you guys doing to make them speed machines?

What are you guys doing to make them speed machines?
Large pinions, spool, belted slicks, etc.
Edited for more info: I currently have a TR-MT8E 4S version motor (had an extra) in my Typhon but I run it on 6S with a spool. It gets me faster speeds than the stock Typhon 6s motor with the same configuration. It was a very simple theory I wanted to test out that worked. ??

Last edited:
3s, basically stock, just for bashing though sports fields, few jumps. I also let my 5yo use it out in the open. Great stable and fast buggy for 3s and only had one major breakage so far when it put into the roof at an indoor skate ramp session.....

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back