Kraton what a difference a motor makes ?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

razz007

Very Active Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Typhon 3s
so this is my second kraton exb 6s , the first i chopped and changed and was never settled , yet this one seems so much better ?, is it because its running a 2050kv motor and not the rocket 1720kv motor ? or the fact i now understand the 6s trucks better and have actually bothered to lower it and adjust the suspension , anyways a great thrash this morning had , loadsa jumps and loadsa fun, she's now washed and sitting in the airing cupboard . thoroughly enjoyed it i did

kra 1.jpg

kra 2.jpg

i make my mudguards from sweet tub lids , shall fit some soon , i got a 40mm fan mount coming from bigfoot which will work better than me tyraps , i fitted the arrma heatsink yesterday with fan , but i prefer to have the high power 40mm fan attached , keeps it cooler i recon

The weight of the stock 42mm can at 2050kv is what the car is designed for. That is why it’s so much better. Suspension is designed for that sized motor. It will be faster with a bigger motor/esc but handling suffers. You don’t realize it until you go back and forth. Use a sensible sized batteries it even gets better.

The weight of the stock 42mm can at 2050kv is what the car is designed for. That is why it’s so much better. Suspension is designed for that sized motor. It will be faster with a bigger motor/esc but handling suffers. You don’t realize it until you go back and forth. Use a sensible sized batteries it even gets better.
hello Jimbobjr , spot on fella , yes the truck was fast with the rocket motor , but it felt out of control , i kept watching others on youtube etc and was trying to work out why mine was rubbish , once i had changed the motor , bobs ya uncle , for me its night and day better , it might be me age , but with the 14t pinion , its great , fast but not stupid , it will wheelie under control now , fun is word

as i`ll be running two screaming fans i thought it would be best to run them off the pack and not off 3 cells via the balance lead , i still got tons of kit left over from my rc heli days , found a castle bec , its adjusted to 12v and sits nicely in the middle (y)

bec.jpg

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back