Kraton What Action Camera / Recording Equipment to you use /recommend?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think you'll want a lot more than 1080p / 60fps so you can do proper slow motion.

I'm seriously planning to trade my old session in for money off of a Hero 7 black. With the current sale, we only get $50 trade in value vs $100 it was before. But, they'll take any gopro ...busted or not ...so it could be cheaper to buy a broken gopro at ebay ($20ish) and trade it for the $50 off. That way I can keep my session.

I picked up a Hero 7 Black the past weekend, and after just some primary editing from a 1080p 240fps recording, I can tell you that the slow motion playback is outstanding. I bought and returned one of those knock off brands the next day. My cel phone took better video. It all depends on what you expect. if it's just record and upload, I'm sure it won't make a big difference, but if you catch the bug and wanna start posting on a regular basis, get the best that's in your budget. It's just like buying parts for your rc truck. You can save a little by buying cheap parts, but in the end, you just end up replacing with the best one available, after all the others fail.

I picked up a Hero 7 Black the past weekend, and after just some primary editing from a 1080p 240fps recording, I can tell you that the slow motion playback is outstanding. I bought and returned one of those knock off brands the next day. My cel phone took better video. It all depends on what you expect. if it's just record and upload, I'm sure it won't make a big difference, but if you catch the bug and wanna start posting on a regular basis, get the best that's in your budget. It's just like buying parts for your rc truck. You can save a little by buying cheap parts, but in the end, you just end up replacing with the best one available, after all the others fail.

No doubt and it appears that GoPro also offers some nice and quick uploading to social media etc stock...with stock software. And with the Quick app thing, I think we can add the gps data like speedometer etc with an easy single click. I want one pretty bad and just waiting for the best deal. This forum motivates me and also helps me spend my money. No complaints at all. lol ??

Haha...wow!! At 3.50 mark...I loved the wheelie turned summersault recorded!! That was awesome and lucky as it landed on all fours! Great job!
Yeah it was pretty sketchy in person ??‍♂️

To me the big names in action cameras are GoPro, Garmin Virb, and Sony FDR or HDR series.
With the GoPro you really want the Hero series 5 or newer to get the GPS functions along with all the other sensors. (session does not have gps)
Garmin Virb has gps and gets a bad review, but is 100% related to the Garmin software. Use another software and it's GPS functions are on par with other cameras. The Sony cameras like the FDRX3000 are great but seem pricy compared to other options.

I picked up a GoPro Hero5 Black on eBay for $150.00 shipped and it has been absolutely great!

If I didn't care about GPS then I'd Probably get a cheap amazon camera for $50.00

-Liberty

Has anyone calibrated or verified their GoPro speedo? I have the Hero 6 Black and love it. Buuuut, I can’t help but wonder just how accurate it is.

Has anyone calibrated or verified their GoPro speedo? I have the Hero 6 Black and love it. Buuuut, I can’t help but wonder just how accurate it is.
I have driven my car while holding my gps and GoPro Hero 5 blk. Speeds are spot on, although the Garmin GPS has a 2-3 second delay due to its lower frequency GPS refresh rate. I believe the dynamite GPS unit might have a better refresh rate than the Garmins.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back