What are the best Lim/Inf. cent shaft options?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SrC

RC is a lifestyle choice
Lifetime Premium!
Premium Member
Excellence Award
Hospitality Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Fireteam
  2. Infraction
  3. Limitless
  4. Kraton 6s
  5. Mojave
  6. Notorious
  7. Outcast 6s
  8. Typhon TLR
We know about the Stock rear center drive shafts. The only after market upgrades are the Markors and Scorched RC(Ti). Are there any else to look at beside RC4wd?

I used to be a Ti whore years back during the brushed motor days.. I would pay stupid money for screw kits, turn buckles and all.
Weight and strength were more critical. Now with BL motors and stupid power weight is not an issue. I still like Ti. My bicycles are weight weenies. I have all Ti hardware.

I bought a set of 8mm titanium shafts from TRC Performance. I haven’t run it yet, but the workmanship is impeccable.
Yes he has the best Ti parts.
Unfortunately Tim from TRC Performance RC is in a bad way right now.
He's going to need a Ti scull unfortunately. God Bless him and his family. His business is at a standstill. He got injured bad while at work.:eek:
https://www.facebook.com/trcperformancerc/

Yes he has the best Ti parts.
Unfortunately Tim from TRC Performance RC is in a bad way right now.
He's going to need a Ti scull unfortunately. God Bless him and his family. His business is at a standstill. He got injured bad while at work.:eek:
https://www.facebook.com/trcperformancerc/

Yes, I heard about his misfortune and saw pictures he posted. Sincerely hope his recovery isn’t a painful one.

Maybe PPS here in the States should consider Ti center shafts for the Lim. At least the longer rear one. The stock fronts aren't much of an issue. But replacing both would balance out the driveline properly in a perfect world:unsure:.
Ti is much harder to work with than Alloy or steel. Material costs more as well. I may just try some #45 steel upgrades and see how they go. The stock rear shaft on my Lim. is pretty questionable for any serious speeds. Innovation RC made that very clear.
I am just not willing to spend stupid coin on a center shaft because of shipping and duty taxes.. Makes no sense in my world.

You guys in the UK are pretty serious into RC.:cool:

Just wondering if the Scorched are drop in replacements or should they be paired with other parts for better performance (cups/outdrives)? I am looking at them for both my Inf-V2 and K6S EXB.

Just wondering if the Scorched are drop in replacements or should they be paired with other parts for better performance (cups/outdrives)? I am looking at them for both my Inf-V2 and K6S EXB.
Drop-in...but I did found the thicker center driveshaft for the front was rubbing the front chassis brace so I had to sand the chassis brace down some...was OK in the rear. Otherwise, no change to the diff outdrives. Since that time, I have removed the stock chassis braces and run aftermarkets that have a wider opening for the thicker shafts.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back