What are the best LiPo batteries?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PaulB90

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Felony
  2. Infraction
  3. Limitless
  4. Kraton 8S
  5. Kraton 6s
  6. Outcast 8s
  7. Outcast 6s
  8. Typhon 6s
Hello Arrma Gam, I need some help! Does anyone know what the BEST LIPO batteries are out there?? I am going to have to get some new 6s 100C batteries to run in my new Kraton 12S build, but I don't know which batteries to go with that will have the best power, life etc for my money and for speed and durability???!!! Can anyone help me out with this decision I would greatly appreciate it!!! Thank you Arrma Fam!!

CHNL G+ are supposed to be pretty good, and not too much $$$

The BEST are supposedly the new SMC Extreme Graphine G2, but only in one specific MAH, I am not sure which that one is. The rest are not that great.

Second to the SMC Extreme is the HobbyKing "Green" Turnigy Graphine. These are really really good packs, trusted by speed runners everywhere...

smc and some graphens. I have heard there is a really good brand from china don't know the name. it like ghns+ or something like that
Ok thank you very much! I am leaning towards graphenes but I'm not sure what brand to go with you know or what discharge rate either lol

Turnigy Graphene Panthers are my favorite so far. CNHL G+ are my second favorite. I would avoid SMC like the China virus. ?
Yea no china crap for me I learned my lesson buying from them haha!!! But ok, I'm definitely interested in the turning graphene batteries but I just hope they will fit lol I will have to check the measurements I only have one battery tray now on my KRATON 12S so I have to stack them!

Yea no china crap for me I learned my lesson buying from them haha!!! But ok, I'm definitely interested in the turning graphene batteries but I just hope they will fit lol I will have to check the measurements I only have one battery tray now on my KRATON 12S so I have to stack them!
TGP packs are a little on the thicc side. Best go down in mah to accommodate

Ok thanks, yea the MAH is mainly for either longer or shorter run times basically right? That's what I thought? So if you go lower in MAH the longer run time you will have and vice versa

Ok thanks, yea the MAH is mainly for either longer or shorter run times basically right? That's what I thought? So if you go lower in MAH the longer run time you will have and vice versa
Also peak discharge too. Larger packs can give more boost

Also peak discharge too. Larger packs can give more boost
Oh ok wait, so is that going to make a difference in my speed and power that is distributed or is that only based off the C rating I thought?

Oh ok wait, so is that going to make a difference in my speed and power that is distributed or is that only based off the C rating I thought?
C rating is based on the MAH. But to be honest, C ratings are just arbitrary values assigned by the mfg. You can only be certain if you run them yourself and they either work ok or they don’t. Make sure you buy the best quality and largest packs you can fit.

C rating is based on the MAH. But to be honest, C ratings are just arbitrary values assigned by the mfg. You can only be certain if you run them yourself and they either work ok or they don’t. Make sure you buy the best quality and largest packs you can fit.
Ok will do then man, thanks!

My 2cents.... I’ve had two of these for a few years now. FLAWLESS and amazing power!

image.jpg
fire burn GIF

Last edited:

You have it backwards. More mAh=more run time. Less mAh=less run time.

Also, current rating follows capacity and C rating. (mAh/1000)*C=Amps

So in theory:
5000mah 50C = 250A draw sustained
4000mah 50C = 200A draw sustained
3000mah 50C = 150A draw sustained
etc

You have it backwards. More mAh=more run time. Less mAh=less run time.

Also, current rating follows capacity and C rating. (mAh/1000)*C=Amps

So in theory:
5000mah 50C = 250A draw sustained
4000mah 50C = 200A draw sustained
3000mah 50C = 150A draw sustained
etc
Oh hahah ok that's my bad ? thanks for clearing that up tho!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back