Granite What are the best street tires for an Arrma granite?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have the Proline Road rage and they are good, no complaints. Just right amount of traction versus some slide when you want. I'd say more traction than slide, and have not worm mine down much after 6 or so street runs.

Duratrax Bandito. Good tire, Duratrax sells it pre mounted on a 14mm hex rim. They will balloon at high speed.

If you want to run +50mph a lot, then get some 1/8 buggy GRP belted tires, and 17mm hex conversion.
My Banditos are arriving tomorrow with any luck. I will post pics and talk performance when I can.
My research tells me they are both smaller and narrower than stock, so that's a little concerning.

I've also ordered Dynamite Speedtread Vindicators which look to be multipurpose.... This brand also produce a street spec tyre but is likely too small.

My Banditos are arriving tomorrow with any luck. I will post pics and talk performance when I can.
My research tells me they are both smaller and narrower than stock, so that's a little concerning.

I've also ordered Dynamite Speedtread Vindicators which look to be multipurpose.... This brand also produce a street spec tyre but is likely too small.
Ok...

Looks... Weird 6/10. Taking a while to get used to them.

Performance: damn good. Sticky tire "C2" compound, yet not too sticky.....8/10. I found I was cornering on 3 wheels while letting off the gas!
More understeer than stock, so caution not too hit the turns too aggressively. Hard to describe. Sticky, but also slides similarly to stock. I wasn't traction rolling any worse than with stock wheels. Stock oversteer more on corners than these. I'm thinking they may change after another lipo pack.

Acceleration..... Awesome. 10/10. There was a little slippage on my fresh lipo, but after they warmed up, they were so nice. Wheelies easy.

Size: they're a good width, but maybe 95% diameter of stock wheels.... 8.5/10. Hex fitment is perfect 10/10.

Noise: so so so quiet on asphalt/carpark surface. 10/10

Overall, dis be a solid "recommend" for street.

Attachments

• IMG_20190228_210637.jpg
    IMG_20190228_210637.jpg
    323.8 KB · Views: 402
  • IMG_20190228_210800.jpg
    IMG_20190228_210800.jpg
    275.7 KB · Views: 364
  • IMG_20190228_210900.jpg
    IMG_20190228_210900.jpg
    265.8 KB · Views: 391
  • IMG_20190228_210610.jpg
    IMG_20190228_210610.jpg
    302.9 KB · Views: 407
Last edited:
Ok...

Performance: damn good. Sticky tire "C2" compound, yet not too sticky.....8/10. I found I was cornering on 3 wheels while letting off the gas!
More understeer than stock, so caution not too hit the turns too aggressively. Hard to describe. Sticky, but also slides similarly to stock. I wasn't traction rolling any worse than with stock wheels. Stock oversteer more on corners than these. I'm thinking they may change after another lipo pack.

Acceleration..... Awesome. 10/10. There was a little slippage on my fresh lipo, but after they warmed up, they were so nice. Wheelies easy.

Size: they're a good width, but maybe 95% diameter of stock wheels.... 8.5/10. Hex fitment is perfect 10/10.

Man Eastwolf1228 ! Love the Color and Flames on that Truck!! :D

Anyone ever try the Pro-line Prime tires? They have appropriate sizes for a 1/10 monster truck, and appear to almost be slicks.

Ok...

That paint looks amazing! What body is that?

Looks like the Proline Raptor body for the Stampede.
Gents,
yes you're correct.
Proline Part #3348.
Perfect fit.
I'm going to do another one shortly, but just can't think of a colour scheme... I'd like to do yellow with black but not sure if there's such a (translucent) colour available. I'll be doing it on a Proline 1950's Ford Truck.

Ok...

very good review ?Can you do the same review for dynamite speedthread tires? and how they are on the asphalt and how quickly they wear out? tnx

@Mzhalftime - welcome to the Arrma Forum mate! I just posted a review about how well I like these banditos tires for street bashing! I have run a few different sets w/ my #Granite BLX TRUCK but the Bandito street tires are my favorite in my opinion. They perform really well on the street or open massive parking lots.. I run mine at a local mall they just finished up in the back of it or at your local skate park. The Bandito MT 2.8 Mounted Tires are not cheap, think they came to $70.00 dollars from Horizon Hobby with shipping for a set of 4. Also, just a little heads up a lot of people don't like them due to the weight of the tires which is over 4.3 lbs of rubber you have which is a lot but I can still get my #Granite #BLX TRUCK to do Wheelies on a 2s Lipo Dynamite battery but on a 3s battery Lipo it is sick fast on the road/street mate! They are a really sticky tire big time and really grip well on the road like the gentlemen was saying above.. I will be posting a video on well they actually perform in this open high school parking lot or when I hit my skate parks in Tampa. Also, want to see what kind of speed I can get with these tires with my Dynamite GPS Speed meter. I will be making a new video on my new YouTube channel w/ these tires on. I add a link below so you can stay connected.
Here are a set of the Bandito MT 2.8 tires.
IMG_2188.JPG

Comparison between you stock Arrma Tire vs Bandito MT 2.8 Tires.
Comparsion of tires.JPG

Another Comparison between the stock tire and the Bandito MTs
IMG_2189.JPG

This is what my Truck looks like with these set of my street bashers
DuraTrxx Tires#1.jpeg

Click here to subscribe to my new YouTube channel:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCz058axKQ3wzShJclEW6inA?view_as=subscriber

All the best from FL,
FLSharkvictim

Last edited:
Thanks for the review. Just ordered myself 2 sets of 2 )))

Attachments

• dtxc5250.jpg
    dtxc5250.jpg
    131.5 KB · Views: 86
Thanks for the review. Just ordered myself 2 sets of 2 )))

Awesome man, if you do any sort of street bashing or skate park bashing you're going to love them. I hope you share the review or do a video on them and let us know how you like them. I like them b/c they are heavy and helps keep the truck on the ground especially when you running it on a 3s Lipo.

Awesome man, if you do any sort of street bashing or skate park bashing you're going to love them. I hope you share the review or do a video on them and let us know how you like them. I like them b/c they are heavy and helps keep the truck on the ground especially when you running it on a 3s Lipo.
I ordered them through my local hobby shop and don't have to pay shipping that way lol .. win win ) I will keep you posted.

Anyone ever try the Pro-line Prime tires? They have appropriate sizes for a 1/10 monster truck, and appear to almost be slicks.
I own the Road Rage 2.8 and 3.8 versions. I’m pretty sure the Prime would be a slippery version of the Road Rage, which is already a pretty slick tire.

What I want to know is what is the difference between the Road Rage 2.8 and the Street Fighter 2.8? Same size 103mm x 52mm. Same tread as far as I can tell. They say the Road Rage is M2 compound, but they don’t say which for the Street Fighter.

Only difference I see is the removable hex hub in the Street Fighter. The F-11 on the Road Rage is 17mm and not replaceable. They are even the same exact price.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back