Vendetta What are the diff fluids in the vendetta?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Noha

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
I find the vendetta is constantly diffing out. So I wanted to change the diff fluid but I couldn't find anywhere what the stock fluid is.

Some have stated that the rear diff only has OE grease installed?? (grease is Equivalent to only 1k CST oil) Much too thin.(n) Open your diffs to find out what you got, both F and R.
Which wheels are diffing out? Fronts or rears.
I would start by try upping to 20k CST, both front and rear if it were me. We all have our preferences. Make sure your front CST matches the rear. Or you can make the Front slightly thicker. But never the other way around. Rear should be always thinner over the front. Or it will be a bear to drive and steer. (Oversteer/push)
Appears you are mainly just drifting this rig?? If diffing appears to be a problem. And not dedicated speed running.
I will guess it is the rear that is diffing out.???:unsure:
Which is it? F or R.?
Describe better what you mean by "Diffing out".
Maybe your shock and suspension setup is not correct. And with drifting, proper driver input control can eliminate some Diffing out. Needing a better throttle finger. Especially if the rig is new to you. Constant hard pulls/jerking the throttle, make for an unbehaved nervous driving rig. Don't drive reactively to what the rig is doing. You drive the rig. It should react to your input.
If you are "Traction rolling hard" on your rig, some diffing out tends to be common between the left and right wheels, even normal to some extent. The diff(s) just doing what it is supposed to do, being "Open" type diffs.

Last edited:
What I figured.
Probably only has grease in it? :unsure:
I thought 20k would be a start myself. But def try 5k if you are so inclined. BTW, 99% of Arrma rigs are always LOW on oil out the box anyway. This may even be part of the problem there. Do both F and R diff s together. I think 5k is too thin personally. 10k at the very least IMHO.
Maybe 15k F and 10k rear sounds better?
If you have 5k there give it a try. I bet the diffs are low on oil anyway. And there may even be only grease.
When you rotate one wheel, whether F or R, you can tell how thin the oil is by feel. If there is little if any differential resistance, the diff may be very low, or just has grease. Do this to get an idea. But need to ultimately open up both F and R diffs. Change out both together. Replacing the old stuff cleaning it out well first, before putting in new oil. If you find grease in one or both, Absolutely cleanout all grease with a solvent, Grease and Silicone oil do not mix well at all.
Get back and let us know what you saw and did.:)
Good luck.
Wrenching is the fun part. Time to learn.

Last edited:
20,000,000 means 20 Million cst. For those that basically want their Diffs "Locked". Usually at the Center diff, if equipped:rolleyes: Might as well use a Spool instead of a Diff. at this point.
20,000 (20K) is 20 Thousand.
Vastly different CST's. Not even remotely close.
The only dumb question is the one you don't ask.

Maybe you want this?
https://www.amainhobbies.com/flash-...-oil-75ml-20000cst-fpr020000/p577361?v=568449

A good brand and value for the quantity. I use 20,000 or 30,000 cst in my rear diffs only. (6s line rigs) Keeping my front diffs with a higher cst (60,000) Center gets 300, 000-500,000. ( 300k or 500k) What works for me off roading/ hard bashing use.
For 4x4 line rigs, 20k maybe suitable both front and rear. A personal call depending on the 4x4 model in front of you.
There is no center diff. Just a slipper.
:cool:

Last edited:
20-30k front and rear, avc 30-50% turned on, hoons silver = such a nice car/drifting machine ! without avc it is much more tricky/lifely then the infraction 3s.

Stock is front 10k cst, rear just awfull grease. (vendetta/infraction).
Rest of the 3s line has 10k front and rear.

20-30k front and rear, avc 30-50% turned on, hoons silver = such a nice car/drifting machine ! without avc it is much more tricky/lifely then the infraction 3s.

Alr, I am going to get some 25k fluid. Already got a set of white and silver hoons so should be fun

1mill in rear gets rear sliding good an about 15-20% gyro an ya got a badazz drifting machine.heres an 1/8 swb,but detta will do similar, tighten shocks up tight.

How much fluid should be in each diff? I just picked up 2 new metal geared diffs and they do not appear to have that much fluid inside of them.

Stock is like 50% full (saves money or time...)
I fill my Diffs up to 95% (when closed)

I put 30k in both diffs and it made the handling far better! The rear would always spin out so easily you couldnt gun it out of corners. Now its point and shoot

If your driving style permits, I would consider slightly thicker oil in the front/ thinner in the rear. Better control, less Steering push results. Rear slides out less. Easier to hook up. The front wheels will pull before the rear wheels Push if thinner at the rear. What oil you choose is personal prefernce, trial and error. Many CST's to play with.
Arrma having grease in the rear, is a sign they considered the rear diff to be less locked than the front diff. Grease is equivelent to only 1k CST FWIW.
But I would clearly want an oil in my rear diff what ever weight I choose. 10k cst (Rear) at the very least. I feel less wear will result in the long term.
Arrma clearly saved some $$ using grease at the rear. So maybe it was the bean counters making the call there. IDK.
Seems everyone removes the grease.
At last Arrma placed a Gasket and O-ring in place for an easy oil fill.

My TA Pro SE SCT, specs stated oil can be used as stated on the box art and website, but FR and Rr diffs had grease. I went to fill them up with Oil , and no gaskets or o-rings were there.:rolleyes: And these diffs only have 2 satellite gears, not 4, to boot.(n)
Discontinued, I cant even get these o-rings and gaskets, or any more parts. TA is a mess. The diffs are done at this point. A shelf queen she sits.

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back