What are you working on today?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah the Senton and Talion are all prepped and already have been run this year. It was time to build something that doesn't run at 45-65 mph and get bashed while doing so.

well front and rear axles are complete i'm just finishing up the shock assembly once those are done i think i'll pack in in for the night. i'll throw some updated pics as the assembly progresses tomorrow.

Axles Done, Shocks filled and assembled. I had to break down the front axles because and re-do a bit of my work today due to assembling while half asleep and putting some pieces in backwards. Tomorrow after work it's going to be Tires for both the Wraith and one of my other Rc's, Soldering the electronics up, program the ESC and test all the electronics. I am waiting on the rest of the construction as i have an aluminum servo horn and metal transmission gears coming still.

2016-03-24 23.10.51.jpg

I have steel driveshafts on the way as well but I should be able to swap those in easily and I don't feel like waiting 7-10 days for them to arrive before I drive this beast. My hopes is to be up and running on saturday afternoon.

I've been building a vattera ascender kit that is my first kit build. It is almost done just have to finish the tail lights and a couple of small cosmetic details.

Changed the inner right bearing on my typhon this afternoon. Went and got a stock one til I get some Eddy's. I lost a thin washer that hold the knuckle, the top screw. Do they sell that part?

Also, I need to add oil to my shocks and I couldn't get the cap loose to my front shocks. Is there a trick to it? This is my first RC and I don't want to break anything, so I'll wait and ask for advice. Tia

And the Wraith Spawn is 95% complete, it runs but i have a couple of upgrade pieces on the way including a front electronics platform for the battery, steel driveshafts, and a few other odds and ends. anyways without further delay here are the final pics for now.

Axial Wraith Spawn
Mamba Monster Pro
Novak Ballistic Crawler Brushless Motor 21.5T / 1350 KV
Castle BEC
STRC Steering Linkage
STRC Diff Cover (two of them)
STRC Aluminum Motor Plate
Axial Aluminum Servo Horn 25t
Axial Steel Gears for Transmission
Graupner DES 707 BB MG Digital Servo
STRC Carbon Steel Driveshaft (still in transit)
Electronic & battery tray - Laminate G10 (still in transit)

2016-03-26 22.09.42.jpg 2016-03-26 22.10.07.jpg 2016-03-26 22.10.49.jpg 2016-03-26 22.10.55.jpg

Changed the inner right bearing on my typhon this afternoon. Went and got a stock one til I get some Eddy's. I lost a thin washer that hold the knuckle, the top screw. Do they sell that part?

Also, I need to add oil to my shocks and I couldn't get the cap loose to my front shocks. Is there a trick to it? This is my first RC and I don't want to break anything, so I'll wait and ask for advice. Tia

I'm pretty sure you can buy that part by itself, I saw all kinds of washers sold individually in the Sentons parts list.

And the Wraith Spawn is 95% complete, it runs but i have a couple of upgrade pieces on the way including a front electronics platform for the battery, steel driveshafts, and a few other odds and ends. anyways without further delay here are the final pics for now.

Axial Wraith Spawn
Mamba Monster Pro
Novak Ballistic Crawler Brushless Motor 21.5T / 1350 KV
Castle BEC
STRC Steering Linkage
STRC Diff Cover (two of them)
STRC Aluminum Motor Plate
Axial Aluminum Servo Horn 25t
Axial Steel Gears for Transmission
Graupner DES 707 BB MG Digital Servo
STRC Carbon Steel Driveshaft (still in transit)
Electronic & battery tray - Laminate G10 (still in transit)

Nice work!Its gonna be a Yeti killer when your finished with it lol

I installed my Sentons new body, I have some Team Durango goodies to install on it tonight to, mud guards and stickers

Attachments

• 20160408_160933.jpg
    20160408_160933.jpg
    234.3 KB · Views: 41
  • 20160408_160943.jpg
    20160408_160943.jpg
    228.1 KB · Views: 43
Tried and failed miserably to mod a Traxxas Rustler body to fit a Vorteks.
Oh well...

Hung some HD shelves, rated at 100# each, organized my RCs and oh yeah, slid the camp stove in there too!
View attachment 1515
You worked much harder than I did over the weekend. My level of work was hanging my ENO hammock and laying in it for a while. I might have even taken a nap or two in it over the weekend. :D

Im working on a tire inserts
I need to make my own tire inserts since my d110 is so heavy
Ill be using chldrens rubber play mat
Those are much more stronger and not that soft :D

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back